Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Laine now has the most GWG by a teenager in the NHL...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jockitch on February 25, 2018, 02:50:08 AM
Oh my gosh ........ winning these 2 on the road was a terrific bonus.  Fabulous team Victory

Agreed. I was mad about some losses we had on our homestand, and had expected to lose 1 if not 2 of these b2b away games. Winning them both convincingly makes up for it  ;D
#Ride?

gbill2004

The @MapleLeafs announced that the hockey club has acquired forwards Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto?s second round draft pick in 2018.

gbill2004

From Jeff Hamilton: With Tomas Plekanec now out of the mix for #NHLJets, wouldn't be surprised if interest for Tomas Tatar heats up. I've been told he was No. 3 on team's list, behind Derick Brassard -- heavy No. 1 -- and Plekanec. No word on where that stands, though.

I?ve always been high on Tatar.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 03:48:18 PM
The @MapleLeafs announced that the hockey club has acquired forwards Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto?s second round draft pick in 2018.
I didn?t want Plekanec here anyways

I seriously like our in house depth at every position.

Chevy continues to draft the way he drafts we will always have a plethora of riches coming through the pipe.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 03:58:10 PM
From Jeff Hamilton: With Tomas Plekanec now out of the mix for #NHLJets, wouldn't be surprised if interest for Tomas Tatar heats up. I've been told he was No. 3 on team's list, behind Derick Brassard -- heavy No. 1 -- and Plekanec. No word on where that stands, though.

I?ve always been high on Tatar.

I lik Tatar on my fish as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gbill2004

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 25, 2018, 03:58:47 PM
I didn?t want Plekanec here anyways

I seriously like our in house depth at every position.

Chevy continues to draft the way he drafts we will always have a plethora of riches coming through the pipe.
I agree.  The only reason I may have wanted Plekanec is the fear that Lowry's injury may be worse than is being reported. 

gbill2004

Postma, Thorburn and Oduya were all placed on waivers today!  Get 'er done Chevy!   :D

gbill2004

And the Preds trade for Mark Letestu...a player the Jets were rumored to be interested in.  Lots of rumors that other teams are trading for players just to keep them away from the Jets. 

Jockitch

then the Preds flip Letestu to Columbus ....... go figure
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

Tatar is a winger who takes virtually no face offs ....... nor does he kill penalties for the Wings ........ head scratching rumour.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on February 25, 2018, 04:57:21 PM
Tatar is a winger who takes virtually no face offs ....... nor does he kill penalties for the Wings ........ head scratching rumour.
Plus he has 3 years remaining on his contract. Maybe the Jets would trade for him then flip him in the offseason..

Jockitch

yes .... 3 years at $5.3M per ......... ridiculous B.S. rumour as Chevy would never.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on February 25, 2018, 05:02:50 PM
yes .... 3 years at $5.3M per ......... ridiculous B.S. rumour as Chevy would never.
Unless there?s money going out and maybe they plan on playing Wheeler at C.

Jockitch

not sure if I suggested center Kevin Hayes from the Rangers on this site ........ affordable, decent offensive skills

HUSTLE & MUSCLE