Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Interesting stat they posted after the 2nd period ........ Jets only had a single shot block vs 11 by the Wild already...... score was 4 - 2 at that time
Game ended at 16 blocks by Wild & 8 by the Jets  ------ Domination by Jets

Personal wish ....... to see Perrault & Armia with Lowry.   Hendricks is a team player but let him play with the less gifted Copp & Tanev.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jockitch on November 28, 2017, 08:22:36 PM
Interesting stat they posted after the 2nd period ........ Jets only had a single shot block vs 11 by the Wild already...... score was 4 - 2 at that time
Game ended at 16 blocks by Wild & 8 by the Jets  ------ Domination by Jets

Personal wish ....... to see Perrault & Armia with Lowry.   Hendricks is a team player but let him play with the less gifted Copp & Tanev.

Not sure we want to mess up our "fourth line" after a game like that, but I agree with your proposal. I love having Matty P as a floater forward who can play like a top 6. He will ignite any line he plays on. Get him on a line with Laine somehow lol.
#Ride?

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Not sure if this belongs in the Jets thread but.....

Moose won last night 8-1.
Hutch made 47 saves, J.C. Lipon had a hatrick.
They have won 7 games in a row.
They are tied for first in the AHL.
Hutch has a .945 SV% and a 2.00 GAA this season.  :o

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 29, 2017, 02:28:31 PM
Not sure if this belongs in the Jets thread but.....

Moose won last night 8-1.
Hutch made 47 saves, J.C. Lipon had a hatrick.
They have won 7 games in a row.
They are tied for first in the AHL.
Hutch has a .945 SV% and a 2.00 GAA this season.  :o

Yep, the Moose are insanely good this year!!

Sure would be cool to have playoff Jets AND Moose this spring, eh??
#Ride?

Jockitch

Moose have a few vets/older players this year ......... of which Left shot Dman, 29 year old Cameron Schilling is key ..... with 17 points in 22 games & a real good +15.
Tucker Poolman has played 7 games & has an assist & is a -1. ...... Not on Active Roster at the moment ........ Anyone heard what his Injury is ?
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: Jockitch on November 29, 2017, 07:19:40 PM
Moose have a few vets/older players this year ......... of which Left shot Dman, 29 year old Cameron Schilling is key ..... with 17 points in 22 games & a real good +15.
Tucker Poolman has played 7 games & has an assist & is a -1. ...... Not on Active Roster at the moment ........ Anyone heard what his Injury is ?

They mentioned he had a flu a week or two ago but was still playing through it. I thought he got called up when Enstrom went down and Chiarot went in?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jockitch on November 29, 2017, 07:19:40 PM

He's not hurt. The Jets recalled him after Enstrom got hurt. He's with the team but not playing because they elected to start Chiarot.

The Zipp

Sloppy game for the Jets going to OT with the jets on the PK. 

If we can roll out of here with 2 points it will be a steal

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on November 30, 2017, 04:07:27 AM
Sloppy game for the Jets going to OT with the jets on the PK. 

If we can roll out of here with 2 points it will be a steal

Hahahahahah.  Avs score 30 seconds in but it's offside...no goal

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on November 30, 2017, 04:11:16 AM

Hahahahahah.  Avs score 30 seconds in but it's offside...no goal

And the robbery is stopped.  Jets lose in OT.  That too many men penalty was a killer. 

Whole team looked off...

blue_or_die

Not a great game by us. We are lucky to walk away with that point.

Oh well, a point in the standings is better than nothing, but I hate giving any points to fellow Centralers. Time to go home and kill the Knights.
#Ride?

BomberPride

I'll echo the statement we were lucky to walk out of there with the point.

The goal when Helly lost his helmet was a joke.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

theaardvark

Quote from: BomberPride on November 30, 2017, 03:01:04 PM
I'll echo the statement we were lucky to walk out of there with the point.

The goal when Helly lost his helmet was a joke.

Sure, no helmet is a big concern (ask Eddie Giacomin), but its not like it was an extended time, it was more like the ofside challenge timing between when the mask "came off" and the puck entered the net.  Had that puck missed the net, play would have been blown dead.  And really, Helly didn't "lose" his mask as much as a strap came loose and he actually shook it off his head.  Again, I understand his not wanting to play on with his mask loose, but he did remove it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

JMT21

A point on the road is never a bad thing. We get the Knights tomorrow on the 2nd leg of a back to back.  Knights in Minny tonight.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on November 30, 2017, 03:41:32 PM
Sure, no helmet is a big concern (ask Eddie Giacomin), but its not like it was an extended time, it was more like the ofside challenge timing between when the mask "came off" and the puck entered the net.  Had that puck missed the net, play would have been blown dead.  And really, Helly didn't "lose" his mask as much as a strap came loose and he actually shook it off his head.  Again, I understand his not wanting to play on with his mask loose, but he did remove it...

He likely shook it to get it to sit properly on his head so he could see.

Can't believe the goal wasn't called off.
#Ride?