Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberPride

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on November 03, 2017, 12:55:21 AM
Another disallowed goal against the Jets. I am flabbergasted that the goal did not count. Momentum shift right there and the Stars score. Total BS. Not to forget Bishop smacking Lemieux in the face and Lemieux getting penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct :P

Reffing was an absolute farce. Bishop stuck his stick in front of Sheif's skate, then Sheif was pushed laterally by the defence. Shot was glove side. What a joke.

On a positive note, Jets have become a lot stronger on the forcheck. Nice to see Laine got one.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_gold_84

Officiating was absolutely baffling on another disallowed goal and the Lemieux penalty. How does taking a punch in the face from a goalie warrant a penalty? ???

Good game otherwise, though. Scheifele and Wheeler had nice chemistry, Laine finally gets a goal, and the special teams were clicking. Hellebuyck had another strong outing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

From twitter:

Stars coach Ken Hitchcock says Jets may be playing the best hockey of any Central Div. team. ?They look like a pack of wolves right now.?

That is exactly what I hope this team can be and continue. - fast and mean and will make you pay for your mistakes - and doing it as a team...

let's keep it going - lock the points away in the standings

blue_or_die

Such a fun time at the Phone Booth last night!!! Goals, fights, penalty shot, hat trick, controversy. Had it all.

Sure is feeling like we are for real right now, isn't it?
#Ride?

The Zipp

Anyone know what the record is for longest time without a whistle in the NHL?   I can't remember a game that I watched get going longer than what we saw yesterday.  Think it was close to 10 minutes of solid play...that has to be pretty rare.

Colton

Quote from: The Zipp on November 03, 2017, 01:44:23 PM
Anyone know what the record is for longest time without a whistle in the NHL?   I can't remember a game that I watched get going longer than what we saw yesterday.  Think it was close to 10 minutes of solid play...that has to be pretty rare.

I think it's around 15 minutes

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on November 03, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
I think it's around 15 minutes

Thanks - that's crazy, apparently last night was 10:31 which is pretty neat..

Sir Blue and Gold

@renlavoietva
Lower body injury for Carey Price. Al Montoya vs #jets #tvasports

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 03, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
I wonder if Mason gets the start tomorrow.

I would have said no, but with Price out we may use this opportunity to get him in. But there's also a back-to-back coming after the Montreal game isn't there?
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 03, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
I wonder if Mason gets the start tomorrow.

I'm not really sure I would understand it if they did. I've never bought into #1 Mason, #2 Hellebuyck, and it's certainly not a platoon. IMO, unless it's b2b or the hot goalie is overworked, you keep starting the hot goalie. I feel like putting in Mason would just be a nice gesture at this point. I think Helle is our guy.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 03, 2017, 06:32:23 PM
I'm not really sure I would understand it if they did. I've never bought into #1 Mason, #2 Hellebuyck, and it's certainly not a platoon. IMO, unless it's b2b or the hot goalie is overworked, you keep starting the hot goalie. I feel like putting in Mason would just be a nice gesture at this point. I think Helle is our guy.

I think it's also important not to over work Helle early in the season. If we keep going like this, we want to keep him strong for a play off push.

And Mason did redeem himself in his last start.
My wife is amazing!

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jesse on November 03, 2017, 07:36:06 PM
I think it's also important not to over work Helle early in the season. If we keep going like this, we want to keep him strong for a play off push.

And Mason did redeem himself in his last start.

Yeah I understand the overworking thing, I just don?t think we have overworked him yet. I don?t have a hate-on for Mason, just think Helle is clearly better.
#Ride?

True Blue

We need Mason to get his stuff together and be a help to Helly.  Helly has looked good so far but still need good mentor to take the next step.

I am curious as to what Masons attitude is right now.  He was nominated starting goalie before training camp by Chevy, was he not?
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on November 03, 2017, 10:39:38 PM
Yeah I understand the overworking thing, I just don?t think we have overworked him yet. I don?t have a hate-on for Mason, just think Helle is clearly better.

Agreed 100%

I just don?t want Helle to have 70-something starts at the end of the season, so throw Mason a bone here and there (beyond the back-to-Back games), in order to conserve that season strength.
My wife is amazing!