Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Also gotta hand it to MOS, taking the wind in the 4th won it for us.  Giving MTL the ball to start both halves was lame, but in the end it didn't matter.  We all know MOS likes to defer if there's any wisp of wind.  (I was a bit baffled when he didn't defer in the last TOR game.)

Looks like Army Hat is the new lucky hat.  He's been rolling with that one for several weeks.  I still prefer the ripped hat, but I'll be fine with this one.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: J5V on October 26, 2024, 11:33:09 PMRoberto Duran was something special. So grateful to have been able to follow his career. Ray Leonard didn't inspire me at all.

I think the Donny Lalonde match with Sugar Ray was a pure staged boxing match. Donny was a more athletic stronger heavier boxer....even thought so that at time time. Seemed rigged to me. I guess he took his million cut guaranteed from Don King and if he parlayed it properly, living the life since then! ;)

TecnoGenius

One more thing, the wind kept blowing directly behind Castillo for his final kick if you check out the flags.  He put that kick basically dead down the center.
Never go full Rider!

markf

Mick

bomb squad

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 26, 2024, 11:39:53 PMOr even take a time count penalty.....not thinking quickly enough on the fly! BIZARRO! ;)

It would have been 10 yds.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: bomb squad on October 27, 2024, 12:19:41 AMIt would have been 10 yds.

Yeah, but the wind could have slowed down by the time of the next play if they took a time count penalty. Totally speculation, but at that very moment it was BAD NEWS for Montreal. They needed Bob Cameron in there who was the master at kicking into the wind! :)

Pete

loved the comment on the other site... WINd bowl? I prefer the Montreal Blow Job"
.This game should forever be known as that!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 04:50:55 PMMore so the implications of the game.

Can we and should we win? Of course. It's likely that Montreal is rotating people in the second half. The result should never be in question.

But the implications if we lose are huge. So, yup; I'm terrified.
Nothing to fear but fear itself

Blueforlife

Quote from: jayrock on October 25, 2024, 03:25:48 PMI think he is right to be nervous about this game. If the bombers do not win their path to the grey cup becomes that much harder. They are one point ahead of the Riders, so anything can happen here. Yes win and they are in, but I would be worried, as they are not the dominate team they were in 2019 and 2021 and no longer the "class" or dominate team in the west or league for that matter.
Should they win, yes, but the question is can they and will they.
We are the class of the West.  Keep dreaming.  Riders are average.  Worried when you have the best QB and RB in the land, never.  Best coached and most experienced club.  Bring it.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 27, 2024, 12:36:54 AMYeah, but the wind could have slowed down by the time of the next play if they took a time count penalty.

Ya, but wind could have stayed for another 60s, then what do you do?  What happens if you take another TC?  Back another 10?  How many times do you repeat that until you give up and then you've given up all that field position!

No one knew at that moment the wind would last only 40s.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 27, 2024, 12:24:37 AMNothing to fear but fear itself

Everything I was afraid of pretty much happened, unfortunately.
My wife is amazing!

Zach Schnitzer

Postgame show from me and Darrin Bauming with special guest Bryson Vesnaver from Pro Football Focus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXWz-SxuUjI

And catch us at Bonfire Sports on all your favourite podcast apps
#fortheW

Bluehawk

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 26, 2024, 10:27:00 PMAll the cliches come out now!

It's NEVER OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!

"Music" City miracle!!

Kindly Cal Murphy was smiling down from the heavens on that one...or Cactus Jack Wells! "Have a good good....GOOD HEAVENS!"   ;)

Its been many years but I can clearly hear that old curmudgeon Cactus with his sign off after the happy honker award with the words..."And it turned out nice again!!!"

Great memories
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on October 27, 2024, 12:43:04 AMloved the comment on the other site... WINd bowl? I prefer the Montreal Blow Job"
.This game should forever be known as that!
:D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!