Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 26, 2024, 11:21:29 PMNo TO left, they wasted it a snap or 2 before.  Only 1 TO after the 3min.
You get 2 TO per half of football, no restriction after 3 min, you can burn both if you want in the last 2 minutes

Pigskin

Great day for Manitoba. Bombers end up in first place in the West. Jets win another one, and are 8-0 to start the season. The Bison's beat UBC 51-38, to end up 7-1 and first in the CW. 

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BlueInCgy

gobombersgo

Quote from: dd on October 27, 2024, 02:18:48 AMYou get 2 TO per half of football, no restriction after 3 min, you can burn both if you want in the last 2 minutes

There are 2 timeouts per team for the whole game.

Both Mtl and Wpg had 2 timeouts at the 3 minute warning so they both lost 1.

Blue In BC

I'm still in shock. Winning 1st place on the last play of the last game of the regular season. Luck / fate were on our side. It's never over until it's over as they say. Bombers had their fair share of bad luck this season. Serious / numerous injuries and more turnovers than usual. Missed opportunities and points left on the field.

Regardless. We're top dog in the west.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

We got lucky, but I'll take it.

Montreal should have run around in the endzone after the missed FG. Taken the ball on the 40. Run 2 sweeps instead of up the gut. Would have burned an extra 10 seconds easy. Even if they have to punt, we're no where near FG range.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

gobombersgo

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 27, 2024, 02:31:34 PMWe got lucky, but I'll take it.

Montreal should have run around in the endzone after the missed FG. Taken the ball on the 40. Run 2 sweeps instead of up the gut. Would have burned an extra 10 seconds easy. Even if they have to punt, we're no where near FG range.

There is no guarantee that the ball would have bounced into the endzone. If they didn't catch the ball they would have likely have been pinned deap in their own end.

The Zipp

not thrilled with our defensive effort - this business if rushing 3 - then having the LB just stand there AND there still being recievers open drives me bonkers. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 27, 2024, 02:31:34 PMWe got lucky, but I'll take it.

Which missed FG, the first one?  That one actually reached the end-zone, the second one fell short.

TBURGESS

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 27, 2024, 03:15:52 PMThere is no guarantee that the ball would have bounced into the endzone. If they didn't catch the ball they would have likely have been pinned deap in their own end.
He caught the ball on the 2 yard line. It would have gone into the endzone for sure. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

I am still trying to get over what happened yesterday!

Just an amazing event. >:(
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 27, 2024, 03:47:01 PMHe caught the ball on the 2 yard line. It would have gone into the endzone for sure.

Maybe the right play call in hindsight, problem is nobody thought of it beforehand and you can't play football prepared for the worst case scenario in every situation, the game is already complicated enough.  Sometimes **** happens.

J5V

The key to it all was insisting on having the wind at our backs in the 4th. Without that decision none of this happens. Whether intellectual brilliance, or a gut feeling, or pure set-in-his-ways stubborness, give O'Shea a pat on the back for that decision. It meant everything and again, without it, none of this happens. Thanks coach!
Go Bombers!

gobombersgo