Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 26, 2024, 10:58:07 PMYEAH, what was up with that? Makes NO SENSE AT ALL....you want to kill the clock and you call a timeout? Unless there was too many men on the field or something else weird going on that I misses, WHY WOULD YOU CALL A TIMEOUT in that situation? VERY STRANGE...more heavenly gifts? BIZARRO! ;)

He did kill the clock still, because he waited for 1s left on game clock to call his TO.  So it didn't hurt his clock bleeding.  We've seen some teams do this before, though I'm not really sure why they bother... what do they gain?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 26, 2024, 10:54:07 PMYou called it!  Pretty close score guess too.

Hope you put $1k on it!  I was going to bet big, but got scared by the odds and just put $20 on the win.  Oops.
I ALWAYS bet on the Bombers. :-)
Go Bombers!

J5V

My favorite post from the Rider forum ... LMAO!

Section139_guy, Senior Member, #588, Today, 02:59 PM

God hates Sask.
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 26, 2024, 11:00:59 PMHe did kill the clock still, because he waited for 1s left on game clock to call his TO.  So it didn't hurt his clock bleeding.  We've seen some teams do this before, though I'm not really sure why they bother... what do they gain?

OK I missed that. IN the end that extra time delay let fate step in with that crazy wind!! So it backfired this time around! :D NO MAAS!! ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 26, 2024, 11:08:13 PMOK I missed that. IN the end that extra time delay let fate step in with that crazy wind!! So it backfired this time around! :D NO MAAS!! ;)

If we get to the GC vs MTL, then mega NO MAAS

NO MAAS!
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Another gem ... they're losing their minds over there. Poor Riders ... LMAO!

El Guapo, Senior Member, #599, Today, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by CC Ryder
*** ???

Never seen the likes. A wind gust wins the game.
The football gods hate us that's all lol
Go Bombers!

dd

When the miraculous wind gust kicked up, I am surprised Montreal didn't call a timeout to let it pass....coulda shoulda didn't

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 26, 2024, 11:15:31 PMWhen the miraculous wind gust kicked up, I am surprised Montreal didn't call a timeout to let it pass....coulda shoulda didn't

No TO left, they wasted it a snap or 2 before.  Only 1 TO after the 3min.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on October 26, 2024, 11:07:12 PMMy favorite post from the Rider forum ... LMAO!

Section139_guy, Senior Member, #588, Today, 02:59 PM

God hates Sask.

;)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

peg_city

ichabod_crane

J5V

Quote from: ichabod_crane on October 26, 2024, 11:25:36 PMDo the young-ins on here even know where that famous quote comes from?!

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/18/sport/roberto-duran-no-mas-documentary-intl/index.html
Roberto Duran was something special. So grateful to have been able to follow his career. Ray Leonard didn't inspire me at all.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

So in the week before I had wondered if MTL wanted to either get us in the GC or keep us out of the GC.  I wondered if they thought they'd have it easier vs maybe BC or SSK.

I think the way they played this game answers that.  They went full on with no quit all game.  The only thing you can say they did was pull Cody: but frankly Alexander is better anyway.

MTL didn't want to face WPG in the GC.  Now let's both get there and we pull off the spectacular revenge win.
Never go full Rider!

Mick

Quote from: dd on October 26, 2024, 11:15:31 PMWhen the miraculous wind gust kicked up, I am surprised Montreal didn't call a timeout to let it pass....coulda shoulda didn't

They didn't have a time out. They burnt it  the play before for nothing.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Mick on October 26, 2024, 11:38:01 PMThey didn't have a time out. They burnt it  the play before for nothing.

Or even take a time count penalty.....not thinking quickly enough on the fly! BIZARRO! ;)