Lions at Als GDT Fri 630pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, September 05, 2024, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

They aren't as dominant as their record suggests, definitely beatable for sure

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on September 07, 2024, 02:28:13 AMWell, BC showed Montreal is beatable, the Als didn't do us any favours, oh well, beat sask to keep a hold on first place

BC is getting better every game under Rourke, if the trend continues the Bombers would have a hard time beating them playing the way they have so far this season.  Really need to see if they are capable of blowing a team out of the water.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2024, 05:12:18 AMBC is getting better every game under Rourke, if the trend continues the Bombers would have a hard time beating them playing the way they have so far this season.  Really need to see if they are capable of blowing a team out of the water.

Uh, we beat that same BC team 25-0 a few weeks ago!  Does that count as "blowing a team out of the water"?
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

I predict tomorrow comes the blowout!! :D

ichabod_crane

Well it'sn
Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 07, 2024, 02:30:50 AMYa, thanks a lot Maas.  Loser MTL with basically a fully-healthy D and OL and QB corps and they lay this egg?  Cody and the lack of receivers cost them.  Alexander probably would have played better since most of the Rs are 2nd team guys.

I wonder if MTL feels like playing "kingmaker" by "trying lightly" in some games vs the W?  I wonder who they'd rather face in the cup...

Don't think Montreal has too much sway in who they will play in the Cup as in a different division. First have to MAKE it to the Cup to even worry about that anyway.

I guess they know the Bombers might have more motivation to beat them after blowing last year's game. We shall see what that last regular season game of the year brings. Montreal could be home and cooled so could be a nothing burger game for them. Rest up their starters if anyone has little knicks and bruises much like Bombers have done for a couple seasons now. I don't think the Bombers will have that luxury this year though. Maybe good in a way as then have to keep the pedal to the metal and roll into the playoffs on a roll! :)

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2024, 05:12:18 AMBC is getting better every game under Rourke, if the trend continues the Bombers would have a hard time beating them playing the way they have so far this season.  Really need to see if they are capable of blowing a team out of the water.
I think I have heard this at least 4-5 times in the last couples years but never seems to happen. :)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Als are having the same problem as the Bombers earlier in the season. Their best receivers are all on the 6 game IR. Snead, Mack, Philpot and Julian-Grant. Two Canadian starting receivers which may have impacted their ratio.

Sure they still had Rambo but the receiving corps has been severely downgraded. A couple of other players on the 6 game including Matte and Stubblefield.

Lions played well in comparison but certainly didn't do us any favours. This makes today's game even more critical.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

https://cfldb.ca/rulebook/conduct-of-the-game/playing-uniforms/

Any player's chinstrap must be completely fastened prior to the snap.

Why is Rourke above the law? He played the whole game like this.

Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 07, 2024, 05:19:55 AMUh, we beat that same BC team 25-0 a few weeks ago!  Does that count as "blowing a team out of the water"?

Not at all, a blowout has the offence producing at least 40 pts, I'd like to see a demonstration of offensive prowess.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2024, 05:33:13 PMNot at all, a blowout has the offence producing at least 40 pts, I'd like to see a demonstration of offensive prowess.

Or holding them to about 150 yards of offence, mostly in garbage time and only 4 1st downs. That's a big time blowout.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 07, 2024, 05:33:13 PMNot at all, a blowout has the offence producing at least 40 pts, I'd like to see a demonstration of offensive prowess.

So you'd call 40-39 a blowout but not 25-0??  40-39 is more impressive than 25-0??  I'll take the 25-pt differential any day of the week over getting 40 and winning by 1 point, or 5 points, or 10 points, or 15 points!!

Ya, I'll call the BC 25-0 game a blowout!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on September 07, 2024, 02:37:57 PMAny player's chinstrap must be completely fastened prior to the snap.

Why is Rourke above the law? He played the whole game like this.

There are often 2 separate straps on these things?  Might have had 1 loose.

I agree rules should be followed.

However, we can't get too holy as AH33 used to have his lid so loose he'd lose it every 3rd play...  :o  :o  :o

(until the league told him to shape up, and he did)
Never go full Rider!