Lions at Als GDT Fri 630pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, September 05, 2024, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

B.C. Lions lose LT Jarell Broxton to six-game injured list
By 3Down Staff -September 5, 2024

The B.C. Lions have lost a couple of key contributors to their offensive line ahead of Friday's matchup with the Montreal Alouettes.

Left tackle Jarell Broxton (knee) and left guard Tyler Packer (head) have both been placed on the six-game injured list. Broxton was the Lions' nominee for Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman in 2023 and has started every game this season, while Packer is in his first season as a starter and has split time between centre and guard.

Rookie American Kory Woodruff will get his first career start at guard, while six-year veteran Canadian David Knevel will continue on at left tackle after stepping in during the first quarter of last week's victory. Canadian Andrew Peirson will dress as the sixth man.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Lions will have some key depth returning in the trenches. Global defensive tackle Tibo Debaillie and Canadian defensive end Josh Archibald are both back in the rotation after injury, though American Marcus Moore (ankle) has been placed on the six-game.

Versatile Canadian linebacker Isaiah Guzylak-Messam (hamstring) will also be out long-term, but rookie defensive back Cristophe Beaulieu will be back in the lineup. American Jackson Taylor will dress for added linebacker depth, while Canadian receiver Kieran Poissant and Global punter Carl Meyer have both been demoted to the practice roster.

The B.C. Lions (6-6) will visit the Montreal Alouettes (10-1) at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 6.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/05/b-c-lions-lose-lt-jarell-broxton-to-six-game-injured-list/

gobombersgo

Alouettes place REC Austin Mack on six-game injured list
By 3Down Staff -September 5, 2024

The Montreal Alouettes have added star receiver Austin Mack to the six-game injured list after just one game back in the CFL.

Mack rejoined the team two weeks ago after being released by the NFL's Atlanta Falcons and posted three catches for 32 yards in his debut against the Edmonton Elks. He later signed a four-year extension with the club that will keep him in Montreal through 2028.

The Alouettes enjoyed a bye week over the Labour Day weekend and returned to practice on Monday. However, their highly-touted pass catcher was unable to finish the week of practice after going down with an ankle injury late on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old recorded 78 receptions for 1,154 yards and four touchdowns with the Alouettes in 2023. He was a key part of the team's championship run, making 13 catches for 185 yards and two touchdowns in the playoffs, including a 104-yard performance in the Grey Cup against Winnipeg.

Mack will be replaced in the lineup by Reggie White Jr., who has 16 receptions for 240 yards and four touchdowns in six games this year. American rookie Jose Barbon will also draw into the receiving corps, knocking Canadian Shedler Fervius into a depth role. Veteran national receiver Nate Behar (hamstring) will be a game-time decision.

On the other side of the ball, the team will regain some depth with the returns of Canadian linebackers Tyrell Richards and Frederic Chagnon. Former NFL starting cornerback Cre'Von LeBlanc is also back in a depth capacity.

In corresponding moves, Canadian defensive linemen Micah Roane and Anthony Federico, American linebacker K.D. Davis, and American offensive lineman Donny Ventrelli have all been moved to the practice roster.

The Montreal Alouettes (10-1) will host the B.C. Lions (6-6) at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 6.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/05/alouettes-place-rec-austin-mack-on-six-game-injured-list/

gobombersgo

Als move star WR Austin Mack to the six-game injured list
CFL.ca Staff

MONTREAL — Montreal Alouettes receiver Austin Mack has been placed on the team's six-game injured list, according to the team's official depth chart that was released on Thursday.

Mack, 27, dealt with an ankle injury on Wednesday, according to the Alouettes' injury report on Thursday. The team listed him as limited but available to play.

Mack made his return to the Alouettes' roster for the team's Week 12 win over the Edmonton Elks and had three catches for 32 yards. Mack had signed with the NFL's Atlanta Falcons in the off-season, on the heels of a very strong debut campaign in Montreal in 2023.

Mack had 78 catches for 1,154 yards in 2023, along with four touchdowns and was a featured piece of the Alouettes' squad that captured the 110th Grey Cup.

Mack joins a number of talented receivers on the team's injured list. Tyson Philpot, Kaion Julien-Grant and Tyler Snead are all currently on the six-game injured list.

Jose Barbon will draw in to replace Mack on the Als' depth chart for their game on Friday night against the BC Lions.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/05/report-als-move-star-wr-austin-mack-to-the-six-game-injured-list/

GOLDMEMBER

Another Als win here would do the Bombers a solid!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I guess no one cares about this game?

Must be those annoying horns! ::)

Bluehawk

Comes or cares???? lol
Go Als!!!!!!!
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

TecnoGenius

I care!  I hope they both lose!  But we need East to win, so go Cody!  Win the game and get beat up doing so.

MTL's R corps is weakened, BC's is full strength, however BC's has been sucking badly.  Fantasy picks tough this week... hard to pick any BC guy (they all get even looks), and hard to pick MTL because it's a lot of new guys and whilst Alexander loved Rambo, Cody ignores him.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Lapo seems to of ditched the sleepy mono tone for a super duper voice undulation's.LOL

On the Montreal high?

Rourke looks sharp to start.

GOLDMEMBER

TOUCHDOWN BC
made it look easy peezy

Booo Als Boooo

Wake up

TecnoGenius

Wake up MTL!

Mackie is tonight's fantasy vulture!  I wonder what that anytime TD paid out?!
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

I am already tired of hearing about Stanback's return to Montreal.

TecnoGenius

Maybe Rugamba can do more finger guns, maybe every series for -10!
Never go full Rider!