Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 02, 2024, 11:40:43 PMThe TSN panel has lost IQ at an alarming rate lately.

It's gotten unbelievably bad and has become nothing more than a Gong Show, with each trying to outdo each other, there's very little analytical discussion. I guess they think it's entertaining but, I can't see many football fans enjoying it.

jayrock

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 03, 2024, 02:31:01 PMIt's gotten unbelievably bad and has become nothing more than a Gong Show, with each trying to outdo each other, there's very little analytical discussion. I guess they think it's entertaining but, I can't see many football fans enjoying it.

Its a fine line between talking nonsense and then talking way over peoples heads football wise. The panel has gotten a bit cheezie, but I was not a fan of Lapo doing play by play.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

TBURGESS

Re: Collaros hit. Dirty shot. Likely payback for the dirty shot by Bighill on their QB at the end of our last game with them. Players remember.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 03, 2024, 02:46:26 PMRe: Collaros hit. Dirty shot. Likely payback for the dirty shot by Bighill on their QB at the end of our last game with them. Players remember.

Bighill's "dirty" shot on Paterson was acccepted by Paterson as a legit tackle / football play that he could have avoided by not being a hotdog.  He f'd around and found out.

This wasn't in any way, payback for that.  It was a simple and blatant attempt to injure a concussion prone QB whose team was laying a mollywhomping on you.

3 Riders bearing down on on a QB that has already thrown the ball.  If not the head hit, there was UR/RTP there as well.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 10:52:29 PMI doubt he'll be suspended.  It wasn't that bad of a hit (in terms of force).

I hate to say it, I might tell Zach to start wearing the gazoo padding.

You need to look at it again. He really leaned into the head. There was plenty of force. It was an "oops" on purpose. Obvious intent to injure and remove our QB from the field. MOS was backwards cap mad about it.

As far as the guardian cap, Zach did recently change helmets from Riddell to Schutt, which is becoming very popular in the league. Anyway, that didn't help I guess. The NFL does have a QB specific helmet (choice of 3) and I would hope he could get one of these. At least in the lab they saw better results. But, "the lab" also said chipped balls are ok to kick. I still would try it if I was him.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

theaardvark

Quote from: Waffler on September 03, 2024, 04:05:43 PMYou need to look at it again. He really leaned into the head. There was plenty of force. It was an "oops" on purpose. Obvious intent to injure and remove our QB from the field. MOS was backwards cap mad about it.

As far as the guardian cap, Zach did recently change helmets from Riddell to Schutt, which is becoming very popular in the league. Anyway, that didn't help I guess. The NFL does have a QB specific helmet (choice of 3) and I would hope he could get one of these. At least in the lab they saw better results. But, "the lab" also said chipped balls are ok to kick. I still would try it if I was him.

The hit he took wasn't one I think a helmet change or guardian cap would have prevented.  It was helmet to chin area, a very vulnerable spot.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on September 03, 2024, 04:05:43 PMYou need to look at it again. He really leaned into the head. There was plenty of force. It was an "oops" on purpose. Obvious intent to injure and remove our QB from the field. MOS was backwards cap mad about it.

Brown intentionally rotated his armoured shoulder pad towards Zach immediately before contact, much like a hockey player turns his body to deliver a shoulder check to another player. Due to the size difference can't say he intended head contact, but it's clear his intention was to lay a semi-punishing blow on a QB after the ball was released. If he remained square decreased his momentum he would have bumped Zach with his chest and maybe knocked him down, but he wouldn't have drawn a penalty.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on September 03, 2024, 04:23:42 PMThe hit he took wasn't one I think a helmet change or guardian cap would have prevented.  It was helmet to chin area, a very vulnerable spot.

Are you suggesting we need guardian chin straps?! ;D

peg_city

I was completely wrong about the Oline. They were pretty good. Not great, but better than I was expecting.

Waffler

I don't see it as a hit on the chin. It was helmet to helmet, you can clearly see Zach's head snapping backwards. Note the difference in head position. Also note that Sask player is leaning into him to make sure he got the head but trying not to make it obvious. He used the side of his helmet, not the crown.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

But this is almost the same thing as the game a few weeks ago where Zach was unconscious.  The player then hid by using his hands to look like he was pushing instead of H2H, but it was still H2H, and like this one it was more a twisting motion of Zach's head that is doing the damage.

Not only was there no flag on the last one, but also no fine mid-week.  Everyone just acted like it didn't happen.  Many here still believe Zach was faking being out.

League is setting bad precedent by not heavily analyzing and penalizing all of these!

Zach would probably do much better with direct H2H head on where his head snaps straight back than all of these side/twisting motions.  The rotation motions are really bad in terms of brain movement within the skull.  His ability to withstand these things is starting to reach Ricky Ray territory.  We have to keep him clean!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on September 03, 2024, 03:29:19 PM3 Riders bearing down on on a QB that has already thrown the ball.  If not the head hit, there was UR/RTP there as well.

This one got flagged (and probably will be fined) mostly for it being late.  I don't think the league is analyzing the twisting motion Zach's head is taking on these.  I don't think the league is taking the non-"point of first contact" headshots seriously.

The one the other week wasn't late, and no penalty, no fine.

There are rules protecting the QBs head in every situation, but the league doesn't seem to care much.  It's like their stance is "get a QB who's brain hasn't been turned to mush by hits (yet)".
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Rewatched the Zach hit and it's worse than I first thought.  Caught all the frames (there's a lot this time) and watched the helmet movement.  Definitely a "lead with the helmet" hit, even if the shoulder touched around the same time, the main force impacted his head first.  I swear it's a near carbon copy of the knock-out hit where Ds are trying to act like they are leading with a hand or arm, but it's just an obfuscation ploy to get away with the H2H hit.

It's another side-to-side and slight twist motion, which are worse than the head-on H2H hits.

I'm not sure where MOS gets the "jaw" stuff from.  Maybe you could say Zach got hit in the facemask, but he had his chin ducked on the initial impact.

It may not look like much but the impact here is probably like 10G instantaneous.  And being hit from all these different, funny angles isn't helping him over time.

I will now not be surprised to see Zach sit the BB.  WFC is always very "precautionary", and this week should be no different.  The past has shown us bell-run Zachs get benched.

The league should install those blow-out / unpowered G meters (or even fancy electronics, if they are light/small enough) on QB helmets and when QBs are hit take a look at the Gs.  Start instituting penalties and fines based on Gs imparted.

You would be shocked at the force that is happening here.
Never go full Rider!

peg_city

Not sure if that has been mentioned, but the short kick that was recovered by SSK, that was Gauthier's guy (Bighill).