Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - Sept. 1, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 31, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 06:01:23 AMYes flag.  No timeouts.  We used our last timeout maybe with 45-60s on the clock?

In any event, a game-changing DPI, especially a mugging one, is almost certainly auto-quick-reviewed in the last 3 mins.  Command is fine with muggings, always has been.

And they are upholding 90% of called DPIs now, so no way we win that even with a challenge.  Was it on Bonds? He'll simply have to learn to dodge the muggings...

Who knows, the penalty was called on Holm who also intercepted the pass. TSN did their very best to avoid showing the replay and the one they did show was shot from as far away as possible so no detail could be determined. Imagine, last minute game changing penalty called and they have nothing to show to verify the infraction or the call. 
WTH is going on? With 10 cameras in play incompetence is an unlikely answer.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 02, 2024, 02:36:44 PMWho knows, the penalty was called on Holm who also intercepted the pass. TSN did their very best to avoid showing the replay and the one they did show was shot from as far away as possible so no detail could be determined. Imagine, last minute game changing penalty called and they have nothing to show to verify the infraction or the call. 
WTH is going on? With 10 cameras in play incompetence is an unlikely answer.

There was definitely contact at about 10-12 yards down field. It was really hard to tell who initiated the contact though.

Go_Big_D

sask has a problem..........they aint as good as they think they r

VictorRomano

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 02, 2024, 02:30:13 AMI think we should do some serious franchise-level MLB shopping right now.  Trade deadline in a few weeks.  Might cost us 1RDP though.

BC has shown that cap doesn't matter, so who cares about SMS cost.

Biggie likely out many games now, and can't make a real GC run without a top-class MLB.  This may be the time to pull the trigger.

I have said quite frequently that I think Biggie will call it a career after this season, and that we should be looking for our next franchise MLB now.  Whether thar's through a trade, or do like we did when we first stole Biggie ftom BC and jusr find the best experoenced MLB available in free agency make an offer they can't refuse, doesn't matter.

TBURGESS

Great game! 

Down to the last play and we squeak out another win.

Dirty hit on Collaros turned the tide for them, but didn't win the game for them. 

A huge kick into the endzone + an Alford mistake got us 1 so they needed 2 after their last TD. 

A lucky bounce + an Alford touch(?) got us a TD.

Running around with a pick after a PI drained the clock so they didn't have an extra play to get closer for the FG. 

It finally came down to the kickers. We got our 56 yard FG. They didn't.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 02, 2024, 03:36:43 PMGreat game!

Down to the last play and we squeak out another win.

Dirty hit on Collaros turned the tide for them, but didn't win the game for them.

A huge kick into the endzone + an Alford mistake got us 1 so they needed 2 after their last TD. 

A lucky bounce + an Alford touch(?) got us a TD.

Running around with a pick after a PI drained the clock so they didn't have an extra play to get closer for the FG.

It finally came down to the kickers. We got our 56 yard FG. They didn't.

It must have been noted somewhere on here but Sergio had the wind at his back on his 56 yarder, Riders had the choice to make and took the ball in the 3rd instead of the wind in the fourth and found themselves trying to kick an unlikely 60 yarder against the wind. Coaching errors are costing them games, but to be expected from a rookie HC.

J5V

Wanna-b-Fanboy posted this on Riderfans forum.

They are not impressed.
Go Bombers!

J5V

Got to send Sergio some love. Great kicking today. We needed every point. Well done!
Go Bombers!

J5V

Rider fan suggesting the injury to Bighill is deserved after he hit Patterson with zeroes on the clock last time. Classy as always.
Go Bombers!

tlf

Did anyone else see the Riders grab and pull Strevy's leg? Dirty.

Blue In BC

Quote from: tlf on September 02, 2024, 05:13:11 PMDid anyone else see the Riders grab and pull Strevy's leg? Dirty.

Yes and that's something we see from the Riders often. Should have been a penalty.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: tlf on September 02, 2024, 05:13:11 PMDid anyone else see the Riders grab and pull Strevy's leg? Dirty.

Yes saw that, the ref. scolded the player but did not think it worthy of a flag, that must change.

TheDeuce

Quote from: J5V on September 02, 2024, 04:12:39 PMWanna-b-Fanboy posted this on Riderfans forum.

They are not impressed.

To be fair he took it down and apologized. 

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.

J5V

I missed that. Is that crap still going on? Man they are a dirtbag team. So glad to done with Regina for the regular season. I'm looking forward to getting them in our barn. Lots of payback coming.

Speaking of which, I'm hearing that Brown is likely to be suspended for his hit on Zach and that he will appeal so he can wreak more havoc in the Banjo Bowl. I wonder if OSH will keep Zach out of that game to protect him. Pretty sad state of the league if that's the case. I really hope the Winnipeg fans let the Riders know just what we and the league think of that dirtbag organization. They must be proud to know they are the scum of the league.
Go Bombers!