Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:31:36 AMThey did run it on him and he picked the wrong hole on his first play.

But after that, you barely noticed Biggie was gone (though our MLB position tends to be fairly invisible most games).  Great game plan by Younger.

Didn't witness the second coming of Adam Bighill out there today, Tony Jones is ok but certainly not dominant nor a future league all star, which probably explains why the Elks cut him loose. Kind of disappointing considering all the LB talent they had at TC this year, I want the next MLB to be a brutish tackling machine and the time to identify has maybe half a season left to do so.

Horseman

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 01:19:46 AMGo down as one of best ever runs on D imo

Love thinking about the days when some called for Halls head and then we got 2 cups

We are spoiled

You sound exactly like PJrocksMB...Oh wait.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Horseman on August 19, 2024, 03:39:18 AMYou sound exactly like PJrocksMB...Oh wait.
Gdt, not PJdt lol, you are not contributing to the topic

Oh wait,you sound like the guy that wanted the team blown up pre dynasty, How that turn out?

#1D+,HALL IS BOSS, YOUNGER HAS THE HUNGER

bwiser

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 19, 2024, 03:27:29 AMDidn't witness the second coming of Adam Bighill out there today, Tony Jones is ok but certainly not dominant nor a future league all star, which probably explains why the Elks cut him loose. Kind of disappointing considering all the LB talent they had at TC this year, I want the next MLB to be a brutish tackling machine and the time to identify has maybe half a season left to do so.

I wonder if Santos Knox could be available considering Hamiltons struggles and a new defensive coordinator

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 19, 2024, 03:27:29 AMDidn't witness the second coming of Adam Bighill out there today, Tony Jones is ok but certainly not dominant nor a future league all star, which probably explains why the Elks cut him loose. Kind of disappointing considering all the LB talent they had at TC this year, I want the next MLB to be a brutish tackling machine and the time to identify has maybe half a season left to do so.

We clearly haven't even bee looking for a Bighill replacement.

But, Ayers has been stellar on ST. So maybe a guy that can work his way in at some point.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Jones and Griffin both making 5 DTs.
Nichols 4 DTs, 1 Int.
Woods  2 DT, 1 Sack.
WJ5  1 DT, 1 Sack.
Ford with another Int.

ZC8: 23/31, 288 1TD, 1Int
BO20: 10/78 yards.
JA27: 4/22 yards
ND10: 6/7 109 yards, 1TD
KL89: 4/7 54 yards.
LW13: 4/4 39 yards. A couple of nice sweeps, PR 7/65 yards, 15 yard longest.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:32:23 AMExcept for HAM letting us down bigly... should have been an East-sweep week.  We may be 1 W out of 1st contention, but EDM is 1 win away from catching up to the pack.
True but I like our chances of pulling away from Edmonton and Calgary. Even BC and Sask are looking very beatable. Not too worried.
Go Bombers!

J5V

We've got Hamilton twice, Sask twice, Edm twice, Toronto and Montreal. We have the season series won between us and Calgary and us and BC. In the event of a tie with either of those we get the nod.

We got screwed in Regina and I don't expect that to change so let's say we split with Sask (1-1). I think we can beat Hammy twice (3-1). I think we can beat Edm twice (5-1). Let's say we split between Toronto and Montreal (6-2). Combine that with our current record and we end up 10-8.

I'll take my chances with that record.
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2024, 03:49:38 AMJones and Griffin both making 5 DTs.
Nichols 4 DTs, 1 Int.
Woods  2 DT, 1 Sack.
WJ5  1 DT, 1 Sack.
Ford with another Int.

ZC8: 23/31, 288 1TD, 1Int
BO20: 10/78 yards.
JA27: 4/22 yards
ND10: 6/7 109 yards, 1TD
KL89: 4/7 54 yards.
LW13: 4/4 39 yards. A couple of nice sweeps, PR 7/65 yards, 15 yard longest.

Griffin showed MAJOR WHEELS in this game going after Rourke at least one time when they were trying for a td late in the 4Q! Just on top of him with speed from middle of LB field! Haba too coming around the back showed major hustle. These guys are flying around the ball. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 03:42:28 AMGdt, not PJdt lol, you are not contributing to the topic

Oh wait,you sound like the guy that wanted the team blown up pre dynasty, How that turn out?

well you sure comment/act like him. FYI he got the boots eventually. ;)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 19, 2024, 04:07:41 AMCombine that with our current record and we end up 10-8.

10 or 11 have almost always been enough to win the West.  Even more so this season because wins are starting to average out.

If we can get SSK starting to suck and playing down to their real level then we should have this in the bag.  Funny, but SSK is kind of like us right now: game managing O and a killer D.

It may come down to that half point... It might mean WSF in WPG and WDF in SSK.  Let's hope not!  But even then, we'll probably win the W since Trevor will almost certainly be injured again by then.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 03:42:28 AMGdt, not PJdt lol, you are not contributing to the topic

It is, it is, pjrocksmb and I thought we got rid of him, LOL!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 04:12:19 AM10 or 11 have almost always been enough to win the West.  Even more so this season because wins are starting to average out.

If we can get SSK starting to suck and playing down to their real level then we should have this in the bag.  Funny, but SSK is kind of like us right now: game managing O and a killer D.

It may come down to that half point... It might mean WSF in WPG and WDF in SSK.  Let's hope not!  But even then, we'll probably win the W since Trevor will almost certainly be injured again by then.

Let's also consider that we just beat Rourke and VA back to back, arguably two of the best QBs in the West. I don't see MBT threatening our D and Trevor Harris better be careful with those quick-hitters he likes to throw. Our DBs could feast on that diet.

Our D is reminding me of Montreal's D from last year. Dangerous, opportunistic ball hawks. 
Go Bombers!

ModAdmin

Game Recap | WPG 20 BC 11

..."Huge, man," said running back Brady Oliveira, who rushed for 96 yards on 13 carries and pulled in six catches for 51 more. "I was telling the guys, huge game. This can really be a difference maker in how we want to finish. Us getting the season series with them, coming out here and having the performance we had... and our defence, again, is playing phenomenal.

"Zach (Collaros)... great game by him, man. What a stud. Kenny (Lawler) coming back to the lineup and bringing morale to the huddle. Lucky (Whitehead) running hard, (Nic) Demski making plays, our O-line doing their thing every single week.

"What a performance. Huge for this season. I said this a couple of weeks ago: we're going to go on a heater and we're going to go on a nice little run here. We've got to keep taking it one week at a time, come in ready to work and go on a roll."

More on the Blue Bombers fourth win of the season from our view in the press box...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/08/18/game-recap-wpg-20-bc-11/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 18, 2024, 11:32:31 PMCan Someone explain why the official fist bumps Rourke?

Holy smokes, you're right!  Major bumps Rourke!  That's messed up!  I'm sure it's nothing... Major is generally good.  But still: optics, guys!!
Never go full Rider!