Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 19, 2024, 01:51:55 AMWas that Stats junkie or Blue in BC wearing the old school BB 16 and golden domer helmet? Hmmm :D

I think Junkie was one of those CFL stats officials they showed during the broadcast!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:31:36 AMThey did run it on him and he picked the wrong hole on his first play.

But after that, you barely noticed Biggie was gone (though our MLB position tends to be fairly invisible most games).  Great game plan by Younger.
3DT

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 19, 2024, 02:29:17 AMNo it wasn't me. I saw him on the train downtown. It was a Dunigan jersey - autographed by Kevin McDougal & a Don Jonas helmet.
darn I was hoping it was you. You were sporting Blue and Gold, weren't you?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:05:09 AMWell, he's dead last in average. A full 10 yards below the league leader.

He's last in kicks placed inside the 10 yard line (he's done it one time).

That's not fair.  Junkie's stats showed he's done really well coffining within the 15.  Don't focus on the 10, it's basically the same as 15.

The worst thing I can say about Shehan is he's shanked more than a few lately at iffy points in the game.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:34:39 AMThat's not fair.  Junkie's stats showed he's done really well coffining within the 15.  Don't focus on the 10, it's basically the same as 15.

The worst thing I can say about Shehan is he's shanked more than a few lately at iffy points in the game.
Facts presented above

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 19, 2024, 02:09:24 AMSecondary is back to where it was when Alford was here. How did they do that?

Maybe not quite.  But looking pretty stout!  I have no idea how they did it: on paper they are still weak.  They are playing above their pay grade, and a lot of it is Younger/Hall.

I think it caught teams off-guard when we released the hounds to ball-hawk.  Prior to a few weeks ago we played 10Y off every receiver and everything was mega-soft zone.  Suddenly we've unmuzzled our DBs and boom: pick central.  It may have been a setup all along!

Or maybe we finally got confident enough and stable enough to show our true colors.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:32:23 AMExcept for HAM letting us down bigly... should have been an East-sweep week.  We may be 1 W out of 1st contention, but EDM is 1 win away from catching up to the pack.

Never expected Hamilton to win.

The massively important game of the week was the Calgary loss. We are now in a play-off spot and control our destiny moving forward.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2024, 02:18:23 AMIf you aren't going to let Streveler to have any option to pass, then it's an issue.

On 2nd down Strev needs to pass 20% of the time, not 0-5%.  I have no idea why we aren't doing this to spread out the Ds.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:39:18 AMRandom guy telling a story isn't "facts", lol.
Facts are that stats junkie presented some support of our punting game, numbers don't lie.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:34:39 AMThat's not fair.  Junkie's stats showed he's done really well coffining within the 15.  Don't focus on the 10, it's basically the same as 15.

The is not even close to a boomer, ever. The BC Punter you'll notice can boom it and with great direction. Do we understand now you and others? Sheehan has a noodle leg compared to other current CFL punters.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:39:18 AMRandom guy telling a story isn't "facts", lol.

a) Tecno ain't no Rando!
b) Junkie posted in another thread the coffin stats and WPG/Sheahan wasn't too bad at all!!  We were bad in the 10, but great in the 20/15 (stats crossed the change year)

I'm sure Junkie can link to the stats thread, wherever it is.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:42:00 AMFacts are that stats junkie presented some support of our punting game, numbers don't lie.

Facts are last in the league in punting metrics.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 02:25:02 AMSheahan punted pretty well tonight but I don't think he'll be around next year. Not good enough and easy enough to upgrade and it's not like even good punters break the bank.

The problem with P isn't the bank, it's the DIs.  Not many decent NAT Ps sitting around in FA.  Not many teams can justify an INT P... I'm not sure we'd ever do it.

Yes, a P/K IMP, but not a pure P IMP, especially when you are already DIing an IMP K!!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 02:47:16 AMThe problem with P isn't the bank, it's the DIs.  Not many decent NAT Ps sitting around in FA.  Not many teams can justify an INT P... I'm not sure we'd ever do it.

Yes, a P/K IMP, but not a pure P IMP, especially when you are already DIing an IMP K!!

Most teams are rolling with a global now, aren't they?
My wife is amazing!