Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2024, 02:17:50 AMYes we are. If we continue playing at this level—-and with the coaching and leaders we have, I see no reason why we shouldn't, I honestly don't see us losing the rest of the season. Bombers are back. Not a dominating offense but a killer defense and an offense that will put up 20+ points and that wins you a bunch of ball games

Gonna destroy the Ticats next week!!

Bomber offence will improve with another practice week for Lawler.

Did Johnson play? I didn't notice him once?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:12:15 AMSergio is exceptional imo
Sheehan is consistently good imo but yes makes mistakes

Stats today were good imo

Punts    NO    AVG    LNG    IN10    YDS
5    45.6    51    0    228

That's a bad night for any other punter in the league.

It was good for Sheahan tho.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2024, 02:19:46 AMBomber offence will improve with another practice week for Lawler.

Of course he did.

I imagine he sat on the bench for multiple plays though. We were putting out 6-7 OL a lot of the night.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2024, 02:19:46 AMBomber offence will improve with another practice week for Lawler.

Threw a couple good blocks, one pretty fearless one to spring Oliveira on a ten yard run right at the end of the line, but didn't have a reception I don't think.

I'd think about putting Lucky there now and having Case return kicks again although Lucky got in the offense this way too.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:20:59 AMThat's a bad night for any other punter in the league.

It was good for Sheahan tho.
That was my point, punting well and Goldie said it was terrible x3

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:23:13 AMThat was my point, punting well and Goldie said it was terrible
Nuff said

It is terrible. He is not punting well.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Sheahan punted pretty well tonight but I don't think he'll be around next year. Not good enough and easy enough to upgrade and it's not like even good punters break the bank.

Plus he never hit the scoreboard and probably isn't capable of it so minus more points for him.

dd

If our biggest problem is a crappy punter I m ok with that.

Remember a month ago,we had crappy everything!!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:24:23 AMIt is terrible. He is not punting well.
Agree to disagree, I like his consistency and directional punting
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 02:25:02 AMSheahan punted pretty well tonight but I don't think he'll be around next year. Not good enough and easy enough to upgrade and it's not like even good punters break the bank.
Nice to see a competition next year

Agree a good game for him

Jesse

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2024, 02:26:01 AMIf our biggest problem is a crappy punter I m ok with that.

It was just our offence. The D was always doing it's job.

Once Brady got healthy and some of our receivers settled in, they've done enough so our D can avoid getting gassed.
My wife is amazing!

Stats Junkie

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 19, 2024, 01:51:55 AMWas that Stats junkie or Blue in BC wearing the old school BB 16 and golden domer helmet? Hmmm :D
No it wasn't me. I saw him on the train downtown. It was a Dunigan jersey - autographed by Kevin McDougal & a Don Jonas helmet.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2024, 02:26:01 AMIf our biggest problem is a crappy punter I m ok with that.

Mike Miller has it covered, downfield tackling has been excellent this year, Special Teams have been rebuilt.

Blueforlife

D been great all year
Run game been great all year
Place kicking been great all year
Punt and kickoff coverage been great all year

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 19, 2024, 02:30:16 AMMike Miller has it covered, downfield tackling has been excellent this year, Special Teams have been rebuilt.
Agree and our punter is a part of that

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 19, 2024, 02:04:23 AMAfter gauthier went in.......  defence didn't miss a beat.

They did run it on him and he picked the wrong hole on his first play.

But after that, you barely noticed Biggie was gone (though our MLB position tends to be fairly invisible most games).  Great game plan by Younger.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 19, 2024, 01:52:44 AMWhat a great weekend of football.

Except for HAM letting us down bigly... should have been an East-sweep week.  We may be 1 W out of 1st contention, but EDM is 1 win away from catching up to the pack.
Never go full Rider!