Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:01:27 AMConsistency is why he is good
top 3 is great
Top half very good

Well, he's dead last in average. A full 10 yards below the league leader.

He's last in kicks placed inside the 10 yard line (he's done it one time).

He is not good. He is quantifiably the worst kicker in the league by a good margin. 
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 19, 2024, 01:51:55 AMWas that Stats junkie or Blue in BC wearing the old school BB 16 and golden domer helmet? Hmmm :D

Wasn't me. I didn't go to the game. One of my Lions friend posted a picture of her new Rourke jersey sometime during the game.

I told her to ask for a refund.  :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

And we're right back in the race for first.

The offense stubbornly remains a work in progress but that secondary is lights out. Not sure the formula is sustainable long term, it's a lot to ask for the defense but it's working for now and that's all that matters.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 01:59:59 AMWhat is your definition of a good kicker?

Should be be in the top 3 of punting average? top half?

It's a fair point - sheahan has some talent, and has some distance, but he's had a few shanks that looked bad.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:05:09 AMWell, he's dead last in average. A full 10 yards below the league leader.

He is not good. He is quantifiably the worst kicker in the league by a good margin.
I believe he is a good kicker, he is consistent

Yes his punting average isn't strong

His directional punting will serve is well in bad weather (winds)

Exceptional play at punting this year in the league

Blue In BC

Rourke held to 25% completion and 126 yards. I said he'd be rusty and his timing would be off. I also said we'd have 2 int's but by different DB's. We nearly had 2 or 3 more.

I didn't understand the play calls with Streveler on 2nd and 3, then 3rd and 2!!! Those kinds of decisions can cost you a game. At the very least we need some serious work on our short yardage.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:05:09 AMWell, he's dead last in average. A full 10 yards below the league leader.

Sergio is in the top 4 of kickers (4th)

Sheehan is dead last in punters or in the bottom 2 or 3

markf

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 02:07:00 AMAnd we're right back in the race for first.

The offense stubbornly remains a work in progress but that secondary is lights out. Not sure the formula is sustainable long term, it's a lot to ask for the defense but it's working for now and that's all that matters.

Secondary is back to where it was when Alford was here. How did they do that?

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:08:03 AMI believe he is a good kicker, he is consistent

Yes his punting average isn't strong

His directional punting will serve is well in bad weather (winds)

Exceptional play at punting this year

League worst play at punting this year.
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2024, 02:08:56 AMRourke held to 25% completion and 126 yards. I said he'd be rusty and his timing would be off. I also said we'd have 2 int's but by different DB's. We nearly had 2 or 3 more.

I didn't understand the play calls with Streveler on 2nd and 3, then 3rd and 2!!! Those kinds of decisions can cost you a game. At the very least we need some serious work on our short yardage.

I get the play calls. I don't understand why we're suddenly so inept at it.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: markf on August 19, 2024, 02:09:24 AMSecondary is back to where it was when Alford was here. How did they do that?
Team culture
Great scouts
Hall and Younger
Consistency
Patience
Good drafting

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2024, 02:09:12 AMSergio is in the top 4 of kickers (4th)

Sheehan is dead last in punters or in the bottom 2 or 3
Sergio is exceptional imo
Sheehan is consistently good imo but yes makes mistakes

Stats today were good imo

Punts   NO   AVG   LNG   IN10   YDS

5   45.6   51   0   228

Big Daddy

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 02:12:15 AMSergio is exceptional imo
Sheehan is consistently good imo but yes makes mistakes

This is fair.  Sergio is doing great.  Sheahan is usually good and not costing us, making some really great punts, but just having some total shanks on the rare occasion.

dd

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 02:07:00 AMAnd we're right back in the race for first.

Yes we are. If we continue playing at this level—-and with the coaching and leaders we have, I see no reason why we shouldn't, I honestly don't see us losing the rest of the season. Bombers are back. Not a dominating offense but a killer defense and an offense that will put up 20+ points and that wins you a bunch of ball games

Gonna destroy the Ticats next week!!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 02:10:47 AMI get the play calls. I don't understand why we're suddenly so inept at it.

If you aren't going to let Streveler to have any option to pass, then it's an issue. 3rd and 2 in clear FG range you take the points. We had that discussion in the 1st Lions game IIRC where we turned it over or was the the Redblack game?

Either way, 3rd and 2 is bad odds.
2019 Grey Cup Champions