REDBLACKS at Stamps GDT Thurs 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 14, 2024, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Go Bombers!

pdirks67

GOLDMEMBER

Good for Masoli. Great stuff all around!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 03:53:34 AM52 yarder...guess Lewis doesn't have the leg

Lewis has always been a within-45 guy.  Most of his record run was under 45.  Only near the end did he do anything remotely past 50.

I'm fine with the call.  My beef is they didn't do a RPO to Armstead.  He's been unstoppable all night and CGY was not stacking the line.

I've got the last 1:13 to watch and I bet it turns out exciting!!
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Best outcome next to a Bomber win on Sunday.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

J5V

A Bomber win on Sunday and we're alone in the 3rd playoff spot in the West.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

I knew it was going to be exciting!!

So excited!  My son was even excited and we were high-fiving after that kick.  He usually doesn't get excited watching TV games.  He likes them in person.  But we were stoked for that kick, especially since Ward is maybe 75% beyond the 50.

And he made it a squeaker, sneaking inside the left upright.

Everyone who stayed up to watch got a super entertaining game!  High scoring.

Big props to Masoli for that thanking the CFL fans & league at the end.  I never gave up hope on him.  A true CFL star who just got stuck with a fragile body.  A bit ironic since he's such a stout beefy guy (for a QB).
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Masoli looked really good. All that hard work in re-hab paid off for him. It was only one game but he'll do well while Brown if injured.

Winning that game really helped the Bombers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: J5V on August 16, 2024, 04:20:23 AMA Bomber win on Sunday and we're alone in the 3rd playoff spot in the West.

Almost. Calgary will have a game in hand. I'd expect we'd still be ranked 4th but we're closing the gap.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2024, 01:08:12 PMAlmost. Calgary will have a game in hand. I'd expect we'd still be ranked 4th but we're closing the gap.

Nope. We will both have 10 games played.
My wife is amazing!

bwiser

I wonder if Ottawa has a QB controversy when Brown is ready to return. Maybe Brown might become available.I am sure the Bombers would be interested if Ottawa decides to go with Missoli.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on August 16, 2024, 01:15:34 PMNope. We will both have 10 games played.

You're right. When I looked at the standings earlier they showed the Stamps with a 4 win 5 loss record.

So if we win ( and I expect we will ) then we will be in 3rd place. West is really getting to be a tight race.

With the Elks getting better I'm not sure what to expect in the back to back Elk / Stamps games. Bombers next 3 games include back to back against the Riders.

Depending on how those series go, there may be some big shifts in the standings.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on August 16, 2024, 02:40:14 PMI wonder if Ottawa has a QB controversy when Brown is ready to return. Maybe Brown might become available.I am sure the Bombers would be interested if Ottawa decides to go with Missoli.

I don't think so. Masoli turns 36 in the next week. Brown is the future. Masoli becomes a # 2 QB capable of winning when and as needed. Injury history will be a concern even if it's just a fear of another problem.

Bombers wouldn't be able to absorb Brown's contract and Brown wants to start. He's under contract so he can't decide where he might be traded if that happened. However, I'd bet the farm that Ottawa doesn't make that move.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2024, 03:13:29 PMI don't think so. Masoli turns 36 in the next week. Brown is the future. Masoli becomes a # 2 QB capable of winning when and as needed. Injury history will be a concern even if it's just a fear of another problem.

Bombers wouldn't be able to absorb Brown's contract and Brown wants to start. He's under contract so he can't decide where he might be traded if that happened. However, I'd bet the farm that Ottawa doesn't make that move.

My thoughts are that Brown returns to Winnipeg when both his and Collaros' contracts expire at the end of 2025.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on August 16, 2024, 03:23:21 PMMy thoughts are that Brown returns to Winnipeg when both his and Collaros' contracts expire at the end of 2025.

Well maybe but a lot can happen between then and now. If the Redblacks continue to have a successful 2024 and into 2025, why would he leave. He'd be entrenched as the # 1. Going back to Winnipeg would be a totally different team ( roster wise ).

If the Bombers win the 2025 Grey Cup and the Redblacks finish last, that could change decisions etc etc.

You can never tell what will happen in free agency if players actually reach free agency.
2019 Grey Cup Champions