Rasheed Bailey released?

Started by VictorRomano, July 26, 2024, 05:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: PloenFan on July 29, 2024, 04:17:29 AMIf he can block, bring him back. Our oline needs all the help they can get:D

This is more prescient than it seems at first glance.  We have both FBs out, and possibly Neuf out.  Bailey can easily act as FB/TE for us, or an often-sliding-inside end receiver.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 29, 2024, 09:48:31 AMThis is more prescient than it seems at first glance.  We have both FBs out, and possibly Neuf out.  Bailey can easily act as FB/TE for us, or an often-sliding-inside end receiver.

Not a bad idea, if no team wants to invest in Strev. as a QB, Bombers can keep him around as a FB/TE/inside Bailey type receiver, pay him $100k and get a few years service out of him.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 29, 2024, 09:46:58 AMI totally forgot about Case in the TOR game and thought for sure we had to roll the rest of the game with Strev at SB!  Luckily we did have Case.  And luckily we had mega ratio flexibility.

We're lucky we dressed one back up receiver?
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

I guess it was a bit of an issue but it really wasn't some big coaching catastrophe. Here's how many WR/SB/Returners each team dressed this week:

Winnipeg dressed 6
Toronto dressed 7
Calgary dressed 7
Edmonton dressed 7
Montreal dressed 7
Saskatchewan dressed 7
Hamilton dressed 7
Ottawa dressed 8

Our top two receivers are out and the calculation likely was that no one on the PR was ready yet. The decision wasn't terrible. We got great value from our defense and Zach had a good game passing the ball.

Nic16

Be sure nice to see this happen before the b2b w/BC...

Bailey signed- added to AR.
Lucky added to AR.
Johnson & McGhee to PR.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Nic16 on July 29, 2024, 05:45:46 PMBe sure nice to see this happen before the b2b w/BC...

Bailey signed- added to AR.
Lucky added to AR.
Johnson & McGhee to PR.

Bailey is the 1 free agent that could potentially step in and play this week. He's in game shape and knows the play book already.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

This situation is so painful...

Bailey is a heart and soul guy, great blocker and possession receiver.

Lucky earned the start by agreeing to the PR before Bailey was cut.

Woli, Lawler and Schoen on the 6 game next amn up has been tested.

Wilson, keeper.  Probably replaces Lawler next year and going forward.

Clercius, replaces Woli nicely.  Mr. Perfect, 14 for 14.  Blocks and does teams.

Lucky in for Schoen, fills the need for a deep guy, but also has vesatility.  He silenced all the questions if he still has anything in the tank last night.

Bailey's spot from last year was supposed to be filled with one of Wilson, Clercius or Johnson.  The first two covering injuries, and Johnson hasn't really shone, even though Collaros seems to be wanting to make it happen. 

With the injuries, it would make huge sense to bring Bailey back into the fold.  More than enough $SMS with the 6 game savings, so that's not the issue.

It comes down to, is he better than Johnson (YES), and what happens when Lawler / Woli come back.

When Woli comes back, Clercius returns to backup on teh AR, and we drop a LB.

Lawler becomes the key.  His timeline is the lynchpin.

When he comes back, who sits / goes to backup if Bailey is in the lineup over Johnson?  Do you move Lucky to KR/PR and case to the PR?  Keeping Lucky as a backup and package player?  If you can do that, put Case and Johnson on the PR, then Bailey is a no brainer to be re-signed here.

Bailey's heart is missed, his hands and blocking too.  There isn't a better 4-5 option in the league, IMHO.  He's not going to be your #1 WR (he was #2 in Tor),  but as a depth guy that can block, you can't find better.

I like Case and Johnson, but I don't love them.  Some seasoning on the PR for the rest of the year won't hurt them. 

Bring Sheed home.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Face it, Bailey is not coming back, the Bombers have moved on, we should too

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on August 02, 2024, 06:58:08 PMFace it, Bailey is not coming back, the Bombers have moved on, we should too

Have they?

I think Lucky got a chance this week over Sheed because he was up to speed on the playbook.  We have a bye, where Sheed could catch up.  Johnson wasn't anything to write home about, and Case hasn't broken anything, or even threatened to. So, it woulndn't be a bad idea to bring in Sheed...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on August 02, 2024, 10:01:06 PMHave they?

I think Lucky got a chance this week over Sheed because he was up to speed on the playbook.  We have a bye, where Sheed could catch up.  Johnson wasn't anything to write home about, and Case hasn't broken anything, or even threatened to. So, it woulndn't be a bad idea to bring in Sheed...

Lucky got a chance to play over Bailey because he's on the team. I didn't think that needed to be pointed out but I guess it did.

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on August 02, 2024, 10:01:06 PMHave they?

They have, move on

DM83

With a great game by Lucky he almost provides a deep threat.  Also Wilson with a century best catch can go deep.  solo could be in his last legs, but easily a great sixth man. At least we have some options.  Looks like Neuf could be beaten out.  Of course he still stay on the roster once healed. Finally, we get some well earned good fortune. Our boys came to play

ModAdmin

Agree that Lucky is the guy going forward.  He is threat at receiver and at kick returner.  He fit in immediately and was part of a great win against BC.  Hard to believe that Rasheed would be able, right now, to supplant him.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

DM83

When is the last time a 31 year old named Lucky has intentionally returned punts?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: DM83 on August 03, 2024, 03:56:57 AMWith a great game by Lucky he almost provides a deep threat.  Also Wilson with a century best catch can go deep.  solo could be in his last legs, but easily a great sixth man. At least we have some options.  Looks like Neuf could be beaten out.  Of course he still stay on the roster once healed. Finally, we get some well earned good fortune. Our boys came to play

Who the hell is solo?