Rasheed Bailey released?

Started by VictorRomano, July 26, 2024, 05:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on July 28, 2024, 08:43:57 PMIf I was Bailey I d be calling Montreal or BC to see if there is any interest there. I m thinking that's hapoened already and there isn't. So then call the contenders, which he has and there's no interest. Now it's up to him if he wants to play for peanuts for the sake of playing, which I think he does, but then teams have got to factor in is he a want or need right now. In our lineup he's a need, but he's got recent history with management and I don't expect the phone to ring on our part, which is sad, as he'd make us immediately better and when Lawler comes back we d have 3 of our top 5 receivers from last year. BOO would have been nice to have around this year as right away he's in the lineup, but what the heck, nothing has went as planned this year personnel wise

By BOO, do you mean Brandon Oleary-Orange?  You think he's starting over Clercius?  He's played one game in Ham and is now on the 6 game.  He was never projected to start here unless there were a lot of injuries. Which is why he was not re-signed.  Bailey would have been resigned this year before BOO.  He was a very nice insurance policy, and played his role, but he was never a starter, especially with Woli and Demski.  Clercius has a lot more upside.

I really hope that some of the players that played with Sheed these last years here reach out and help him come home.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on July 28, 2024, 08:43:57 PMIf I was Bailey I d be calling Montreal or BC to see if there is any interest there. I m thinking that's hapoened already and there isn't. So then call the contenders, which he has and there's no interest. Now it's up to him if he wants to play for peanuts for the sake of playing, which I think he does, but then teams have got to factor in is he a want or need right now. In our lineup he's a need, but he's got recent history with management and I don't expect the phone to ring on our part, which is sad, as he'd make us immediately better and when Lawler comes back we d have 3 of our top 5 receivers from last year. BOO would have been nice to have around this year as right away he's in the lineup, but what the heck, nothing has went as planned this year personnel wise

BC might be getting Hatcher back as early as this week. Or if not this week, sooner than Bailey would be ready to be on an AR. He's also not as good as Hatcher and the Lions receivers are a very good group.

Noting that the Lions parted with Whitehead to save some SMS so they might be tighter to the SMS?

If Bailey returns to Winnipeg he'll already know the playbook in his sleep and he's in game condition. Heck he could play on Thursday if we signed him.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

:D no, we will play Strev at slot.  He will become one if the other receivers Collaros doesn't throw to.

If they don't sign a receiver I.e. Bailey, they would be idiots. Oh wait, ....lol!

Blueforlife

Quote from: theaardvark on July 28, 2024, 09:05:01 PMBy BOO, do you mean Brandon Oleary-Orange?  You think he's starting over Clercius?  He's played one game in Ham and is now on the 6 game.  He was never projected to start here unless there were a lot of injuries. Which is why he was not re-signed.  Bailey would have been resigned this year before BOO.  He was a very nice insurance policy, and played his role, but he was never a starter, especially with Woli and Demski.  Clercius has a lot more upside.

I really hope that some of the players that played with Sheed these last years here reach out and help him come home.

BOO was a good backup, that's about it.  Clercius has already shown more imo.

Big Daddy

Quote from: DM83 on July 28, 2024, 11:51:05 PM:D no, we will play Strev at slot.  He will become one if the other receivers Collaros doesn't throw to.

If they don't sign a receiver I.e. Bailey, they would be idiots. Oh wait, ....lol!

DM I laughed at the "Strev at slot" comment!

I would amend the second part - if they don't sign a receiver ie Bailey, "for an sms friendly contract", they would be idiots.

DM83

This management team has been weird this year.  Very little transparency. dismissive. o Shea comments to the media. The Mafias southern Ontario's arrogance of not saying or this year Walter's doing fack all is bizarre.

If they don't start winning on Thursday, there is no point to following the group. They were good for five years, we had those good years, and now it's going to be a 1963 Joe Zaletski, john Schneider, Luther Selbo year.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: DM83 on July 29, 2024, 01:18:58 AMThis management team has been weird this year.  Very little transparency. dismissive. o Shea comments to the media. The Mafias southern Ontario's arrogance of not saying or this year Walter's doing fack all is bizarre.

If they don't start winning on Thursday, there is no point to following the group. They were good for five years, we had those good years, and now it's going to be a 1963 Joe Zaletski, john Schneider, Luther Selbo year.

We are very likely not going to beat BC on a short week when they've got the bye. Probably our longest shot of the season. 

We will hopefully make it out fairly unscathed injury wise and try a fresh start for the second half the season post bye.

I think a clunker of a season isn't the worst thing to happen to O'Shea and Walters though.

Jesse

Quote from: Big Daddy on July 29, 2024, 01:03:51 AMDM I laughed at the "Strev at slot" comment!

I would amend the second part - if they don't sign a receiver ie Bailey, "for an sms friendly contract", they would be idiots.

He's been forced to play at slot in two games for us this season.

It's not even a joke.
My wife is amazing!

Big Daddy

Quote from: Jesse on July 29, 2024, 02:39:15 AMHe's been forced to play at slot in two games for us this season.

It's not even a joke.

Honestly I didn't even realize Strev played slot last nite, I was a bit distracted by family stuff on vacation.

That really is nuts.  One time as an anomaly is a strange occurrence.  Not learning from that and having to put a QB in as a receiver for a second game in half a season - sure doesn't look good.

PloenFan

If he can block, bring him back. Our oline needs all the help they can get !  :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Slingin Sammy on July 27, 2024, 01:11:33 PMIf Mgmt is in negotiations to bring him in...are they also going to offer him a no guarantee PR position like they did with Whitehead?  MOS has reiterated multiple times he likes our young guys. 

Yes, and Sheed would relish the thought of earning his way back on the AR.  That's who Sheed is.  And he'd succeed.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 27, 2024, 03:05:54 PMSurprised Pinball didn't try to trade him to us, he could have gotten a 3rd or 4th rounder, no doubt...  or at least a neg lister.

I bet he did!  I bet KW outsmarted Pinball, knowing that he had to dump him anyway.  Just wait and then pick him up for free, no DP, and reduced near-ELC salary!  We may have "gifted" AH to Pinball in '22... well Pinball just returned the favor.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 06:04:14 PMI can almost guarantee we won't sign him unless we get further injuries to our receiving corps. MOS will stick with 'his guys' and not take one of the young prospects out of the lineup unless he's injured.

Nope... everyone can close their eyes and imagine our games vs SSK and TOR if we had Bruiser Bailey in instead of Josh "Jinkers!" Johnson.  'Nuff said.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 28, 2024, 02:06:41 AMIf I was Sheed...I would see what other teams besides the bombers have to offer

Who's desperately injured at R and has 4 of 5 desired starters on 6GIR?  Ya, no one.  Just us!  Yippee!

Not to mention, if you have a ton of options, you're not looking at Sheed.  He's good in WPG because he's good in WPG.  This is where he belongs.  Plus we have no other options... so bring him back!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on July 28, 2024, 11:51:05 PM:D no, we will play Strev at slot.  He will become one if the other receivers Collaros doesn't throw to.

I totally forgot about Case in the TOR game and thought for sure we had to roll the rest of the game with Strev at SB!  Luckily we did have Case.  And luckily we had mega ratio flexibility.
Never go full Rider!