Demski

Started by Austin85, July 20, 2024, 06:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Do you all find the Nick Demski's ball security is not up to speed his whole career.
It seems he had been making costly fumbles in the most inappropriate situations of a game..

Jesse

Yeah. It's a pretty common occurrence. We're just not usually in a spot where the occasional mistake will cost us games.

Right now our margin of victory is so narrow the spot light is really shining.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

ND10 has had his problems over the years. I was surprised that Thurman caught up to him.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Hey that was a tremendous catch and run by Demski but even a better hustle, grab the ball carrier and punch the ball lose play by Thurman. It was the play of the game, and Thurman would have done that to any other reciever in the league. Having said that, yes, Demski does have a history of poor ball security,the facts don't lie

M.O.A.B.

2 fumbles in 2 games.

Sir Blue and Gold

It's always been an issue but it's hard to fault him for the one yesterday. A typical Demski fumble is trying to do too much after the catch with speed and finesse. The one yesterday was a fantastic defensive play and I'm sure he never felt it coming. We don't teach receivers to run with the ball in space with two hands on the ball.

theaardvark

Big difference between a fumble and a forced fumble.  That was a punch out, and like a previous posted said, any receiver in the league would have fared the same.  Short of running with two hands on the ball or taking a knee, not getting away from that one.  An unfortunate outcome to a stellar play.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

For sure, Demski was trying to score the game tying TD on a great throw and catch. No faulting him there at all. It was just a great defensive heads up play. Most defenders would be content to catch up to him and tackle him, but not Thurman, to have the awareness to do that in the heat of the moment is unreal.

Demski catches a lot of balls in traffic and trying to get away from defenders and has a history of losing the bill, but sometimes the defenders make a great play on the ball and this was definitely one of those times.

jdrattops

Third one this season, lost two.  Players get let go for less.  Demski is a vet, it's inexcusable, it a trend he's never been able overcome his entire career.

DM83

What?  Demski?  Being criticized for putting forth extra effort.
Of all the people to be criticized where should Demski be ranked as a loafer.

Yup agreed though his being unaware, coast us.

Blueforlife

Demski is a top 5 receiver in terms of recent yardage

Does he fumble, yes

Is it an issue, no

8/10 his effort is worth it, 2/10 times it costs you

No pain no gain

Harris was same way, you want people to battle

He will learn from this

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 20, 2024, 11:04:44 PMDemski is a top 5 receiver in terms of recent yardage

Does he fumble, yes

Is it an issue, no

No pain no gain

He will learn from this

I agree that Demski is worth the occasional mistakes, but he obviously isn't going to suddenly learn his lesson at this point of his career. It's just you glossing over clear problems again.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

He simply needs to know to send pure the ball better. Is this that hard for a guy like that?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on July 20, 2024, 11:39:12 PMI agree that Demski is worth the occasional mistakes, but he obviously isn't going to suddenly learn his lesson at this point of his career. It's just you glossing over clear problems again.
Imo he can learn and yes he will make mistakes in the future but he is so dominant and consistent it's a none issue.  Focus on the topic not me.  Demski isn't problem imo, he is a star and the least of our worries.  A good player having another solid year.  We can agree to disagree here.  A bad mistake.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 20, 2024, 11:04:44 PMDemski is a top 5 receiver in terms of recent yardage

Does he fumble, yes

Is it an issue, no

No pain no gain

He will learn from this

He's in his 9th season. If he learned anything it would be that he should have corrected ball security about year 3.

Now his turnovers are not excessive but " he'll learn from it " is a ridiculous comment.  His positive plays are a lot more than any negative plays, but he had to know pursuit was from the rear and an attempt would be made to strip the ball.
2019 Grey Cup Champions