Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - July 19, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 17, 2024, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

More catching up to do.  Saskatchewan is hurting in some key position and this past week lost Jamarcus Hardrick for the long term. 

Blue Bombers Injury List is looking a bit better with the July 17th report as follows...

Noah Hallet - Hip - Full Practice - Questionable

Tyjaun Garbutt - Ankle - Full Practice - Questionable

Lucky Ogbevoen - Shoulder - Did Not Practice - Questionable

Stanley Bryant - Hip - Full Practice - Questionable

Brian Cole - Illness - Full Practice - Available

Brady Oliviera - Shoulder - Full Practice - Questionable

Michael Chris-Ike - Knee - Did Not Practice - Questionable

Nick Demski - Knee - Full Practice - Available

Depth Chart will be released tomorrow.

Discussion can start today!  Let's Go Bombers!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Go_Big_D

being in sask...bombers have not done well....so not expecting a win

Jesse

Quote from: Go_Big_D on July 18, 2024, 01:18:24 AMbeing in sask...bombers have not done well....so not expecting a win

3-1 over the past three seasons.
My wife is amazing!

Stats Junkie

Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

Blueforlife

Bombers can win this by a good ground attack and efficient passing game.

TecnoGenius

Stay away from the hawks in zone, and throw into man single-coverage (meaning: deep, probably).  Careful with the wide-outs.  Maybe have Woli swing inside a lot, or run other, clearing routes.

Fluster the (relatively) noob QB, he's not fast so hopefully he won't be pulling Codies on us with scrambles.  Focus on Emlius, the other Rs have had a bad few weeks.  Stop the guy-with-mullet and make the QB pass.  Hawk the hot routes and wide outs.  Willie might have a good day with knockdowns.

Get the green fans demoralized by the 4th and things will be fine.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer...

...So... just another game?

Try telling that to receiver/returner Kody Case, who looks to be making his Winnipeg Blue Bombers debut this Friday in Regina against the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the first of three meetings between these two prairie arch-rivals.

Try telling that to a man who signed with the Blue Bombers in January after playing in the preseason last year with the Indianapolis Colts, was then injured in Winnipeg's first dress rehearsal this year, subsequently released yet stayed in town to rehab his injury, was re-signed and after slogging through all that is finally getting a shot.

"It's been awhile since I've been on an active game (roster) in the regular season game that matters," Case said this week. "I was with the Colts in the preseason but haven't been activated for a professional football game so this would be a great experience. If it happens, it happens. I'm excited....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/07/17/48-hour-primer-wpg-at-sask/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 18, 2024, 05:02:53 AMEd Tait's 48-Hour Primer...

...So... just another game?

Try telling that to receiver/returner Kody Case, who looks to be making his Winnipeg Blue Bombers debut this Friday in Regina against the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the first of three meetings between these two prairie arch-rivals.

Try telling that to a man who signed with the Blue Bombers in January after playing in the preseason last year with the Indianapolis Colts, was then injured in Winnipeg's first dress rehearsal this year, subsequently released yet stayed in town to rehab his injury, was re-signed and after slogging through all that is finally getting a shot.

"It's been awhile since I've been on an active game (roster) in the regular season game that matters," Case said this week. "I was with the Colts in the preseason but haven't been activated for a professional football game so this would be a great experience. If it happens, it happens. I'm excited....

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/07/17/48-hour-primer-wpg-at-sask/

It would be interesting to know the financial compensation provided to a player injured as part of the team and subsequently cut but told to hang around as he rehabs. for another shot later. On the surface it doesn't look fair, but does the CFL offer financial assistance to players in these circumstances?

TecnoGenius

WPG is the favorite by 3 last I heard.  That's a bit surprising given the 2 records, and the fact SSK is always strong at home, especially against us (strong as in they try harder, not necessarily win more).
Never go full Rider!

peg_city

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 18, 2024, 08:47:20 AMWPG is the favorite by 3 last I heard.  That's a bit surprising given the 2 records, and the fact SSK is always strong at home, especially against us (strong as in they try harder, not necessarily win more).

Riders were initially favoured by 1.5. This has now switched to Bombers by 4.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 18, 2024, 05:26:56 AMIt would be interesting to know the financial compensation provided to a player injured as part of the team and subsequently cut but told to hang around as he rehabs. for another shot later. On the surface it doesn't look fair, but does the CFL offer financial assistance to players in these circumstances?

I don't think they can pay a per diem if he's not on the IR or PR, but I am pretty sure they are allowed to cover his rehab costs, which I am pretty sure would not be covered if he had returned home.  Like anyone coming to camp to try to win a spot, they are on their own dime. 

The WFC could have told him to stay put and that he'd be rostered once healthy, so he would have that to look forward to, and living in Winnipeg can be very cheap.  So it makes sense even if he's not getting paid to hang around.

And now it pays off with at least one full game cheque.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Blue Bomber Depth Chart...

https://x.com/DarrinBauming/status/1813940094551920640/photo/2

In:  #2 Case, #9 Garbutt, #23 Hallett, #33 Jones

Out: #0 Mitchell, #25 Chris-Ike, #26 Smith, #43 Ogbevoen

theaardvark

Looks like the roster has been upgraded with each of those moves.  Want to see if it translates on the field.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.