Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan - July 19, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 17, 2024, 08:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Taylor Shire  @Taylor_Shire
#Riders depth chart vs #Bombers:

Malik Carney back at defensive end after missing a week. Anthony Lanier stays at other DE.

Jacob Brammer starts at RT with Jermarcus Hardrick on 6-game IL.

FB Bruno LaBelle has also been put on 6-game.

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 18, 2024, 04:23:47 PM

With Case, Garbutt, Hallett, and Jones coming in this week, this team just became a little better.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Only 10 NATS starting this week...

No DN, DA or DNA specified.  Guess with 10 starting NATS, that's redundant.  We will be getting an extra draft pick again.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Looking forward to a good game as the team continues to improve week to week. Just a side note that I will be interested to see what the new faces on the roster are able to show this week.

It would be a lot to expect an amazing 1st game by these players, but you never know. I'll be relatively happy if none make any major mistakes this week.

Will Garbutt get a sack. Will Hallett, Case and Jones make a big play on ST's?

Bombers win and hold the Riders to 17 points or less. Collaros throws 2 TD's. Streveler scores a short yardage TD. Oliveria scores 1 TD. Castillo scores two FG's.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Why is there (62) beside Thomas's name?? His number is 95, is he also going to be a backup O lineman/brought in as a TE??

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on July 18, 2024, 05:56:26 PMWhy is there (62) beside Thomas's name?? His number is 95, is he also going to be a backup O lineman/brought in as a TE??

It's just the number he would wear if he is was needed in an emergency on offence. We've got 7 OL dressed and a FB so it's not likely he'll be used on offence.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stats Junkie

The Roughriders have 2 D-Line players listed with double numbers. Due to injuries in the game against BC, Brown 90/69 slipped on the #69 and finished the game at RG.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!

Blueforlife

Gotta win 2/3 vs riders and this is one of them

GO BLUE

Big hopes for the fresh troops.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 18, 2024, 03:40:58 PMI don't think they can pay a per diem if he's not on the IR or PR, but I am pretty sure they are allowed to cover his rehab costs, which I am pretty sure would not be covered if he had returned home.  Like anyone coming to camp to try to win a spot, they are on their own dime. 

The WFC could have told him to stay put and that he'd be rostered once healthy, so he would have that to look forward to, and living in Winnipeg can be very cheap.  So it makes sense even if he's not getting paid to hang around.

And now it pays off with at least one full game cheque.

Maybe, I doubt players are coming to TC on their own dime, many would not have the funds to swing that. I'd guess their travel there and back is covered, free accomodation in the dorms as well as a tag to eat all meals in the bomber cafeteria if they choose to.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 18, 2024, 05:56:26 PMWhy is there (62) beside Thomas's name?? His number is 95, is he also going to be a backup O lineman/brought in as a TE??

The league started mandating that before '23 I think?  Before that it was never listed on charts; after that it was suddenly on every chart, including our own deficient ones!

But it was already allowed to have a DT come in as a hoggie in a pinch.  I like it being formalized like this.  Just wish WFC would put all the other designations on their chart...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Interesting... Noah slides in an gets the "N", whilst Nick "The Uninjured Hallett" has to do the "Ni"?  Bass ackwards!  Need to go back to one being No, one being Ni.

Pretty cool seeing both brothers listed back to back on the chart at the same position.  How often does that happen in the CFL?  However, this means they are unlikely to both be on the field at the same time... well, except ST plays.

Noah better make hay while the sun shines.  His window is now very small.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 18, 2024, 04:24:22 PM

Chris-Ike and Lucky O to the 6 game?? Here we thought we got out of the Calgary game with no significant injuries.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 19, 2024, 03:17:17 AMChris-Ike and Lucky O to the 6 game?? Here we thought we got out of the Calgary game with no significant injuries.

Not to diminish potential up & coming players, but ya those are not significant.  I'll take a 2nd game DP and 1st game GLOB going to 6GIR over Kenny & Schoen going to 6GIR any day of the week!
Never go full Rider!