Lucky back?!

Started by TecnoGenius, June 30, 2024, 07:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Ya, I can see MOS not being keen on bringing a player in from the outside world. He's all about the players in the room and not creating any controversy in the locker room, thats just who he is

Cool Spot

Quote from: J5V on July 02, 2024, 01:46:32 AMFor those of us that have never suffered a knee injury, can someone that has please tell us, in their estimation, how bad a torn ACL is? Is a tear better than a complete rupture or tendon separation from the bone? I'd have to think so. Could this be career ending or is a complete recovery possible?

After ~3 weeks from an injury, your body enters the phase called remodeling, which can last four to six weeks for minor injuries (grade I and II tears) to as long as a year or more for more severe injuries (tendon or ligament ruptures). Your body constantly remodels tissue, but blood flow to ligaments isn't great which is why it takes so long to heal. That's why you shouldn't return to a sport any sooner than nine months after an injury like an ACL tear.

Even if you have no pain, you shouldn't push on the tissue before it's ready because it increases the likelihood of re-injury. You have to work on rebuilding tissue capacity through resistance training and a slow reintegration into the sports/activities you've been avoiding since the injury.

Source: Rehab Science.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 03, 2024, 08:14:14 AMNot worried at all.  Lucky trying to squeeze every dime he can out of desperate KW, probably on the "extras" like housing, etc.

And we're probably trying to do what I said: minimize the bonus (ideally $0).  Lucky is injury-prone and we can't lose any more non-recoverable SMS space.  Give him crazy incentive-heavy contract and be done with it!  $2k a TD!  $2 every 100+ yard game.  Etc.

According to Farhan the delay is not related to the contract.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

ModAdmin

Darrin Bauming reposted
Farhan Lalji
@FarhanLaljiTSN
For those asking why Lucky's deal hasn't been made official yet, he had been dealing with some paperwork issues (not contract related). I'm told those have been resolved & I would expect him to be joining #Bombers within the next few days
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blueandgoldguy

Not what the Bombers need.  He gets injured all the time, is too small and past his prime.  Bombers need someone who can make plays in traffic and extend their bodies and arms to make those tough catches.  Lucky ain't it.

Blue In BC

Obviously Whitehead won't be playing this week. I'd think it will take 2 weeks to get familiar with the playbook and get back to being physically ready. By then Lawler could be ready to come off the 6 game IR.

That will open up the rest of the receivers regardless of who they are or where they line up.

We just have to get through this game and the next two perhaps. Two wins out 3 would be a good start.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stats Junkie

Nothing official but there are some suggesting that paperwork issue was an expired passport
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Waffler

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 03, 2024, 09:20:04 PMNothing official but there are some suggesting that paperwork issue was an expired passport
If it is and he can't keep his passport up to date was he even expecting another shot? You have to question what kind of shape he is in.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 03, 2024, 05:43:28 PMYa, I can see MOS not being keen on bringing a player in from the outside world. He's all about the players in the room and not creating any controversy in the locker room, thats just who he is

Of course not, he loves losing!   :P  :P  :P  ;D  ;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 03, 2024, 07:46:04 PMFor those asking why Lucky's deal hasn't been made official yet, he had been dealing with some paperwork issues (not contract related). I'm told those have been resolved & I would expect him to be joining #Bombers within the next few days

Yay!  Maybe right after signing and getting a big bonus he revealed he has a DUI guilty-plea that makes him ineligible to enter Canada.  Yay!

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :o  :o  :o

For the /s impaired: that's a joke
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on July 03, 2024, 07:58:36 PMNot what the Bombers need.  He gets injured all the time, is too small and past his prime.  Bombers need someone who can make plays in traffic and extend their bodies and arms to make those tough catches.  Lucky ain't it.

We need both types of receivers.  We had 2 or 3 deep threats before all the injuries.  Now we have 1.  With Lucky we'll have 2.  Injuries don't mean anything if we didn't give him a bonus...

Next couch-sitter we nab needs to be a clutch bruiser.  One thing at a time.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 03, 2024, 09:20:04 PMNothing official but there are some suggesting that paperwork issue was an expired passport

Surely that can't be the issue.  That would go from strange to comical.  Why would a guy sitting on the couch waiting for CFL calls all day not keep on top of his lasts-5(or 10)-years-passport expiry?  Wouldn't his agent stay on top of this?  Are we the laughing stock of the CFL now for USA player issues?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 03, 2024, 10:06:12 PMOf course not, he loves losing!   :P  :P  :P  ;D  ;D  ;D
{... GROAN! ...}
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Waffler on July 03, 2024, 10:01:44 PMIf it is and he can't keep his passport up to date was he even expecting another shot? You have to question what kind of shape he is in.
Agreed if this is the case it could be the definition of stupudity.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!