Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary - June 29, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 28, 2024, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 30, 2024, 02:10:11 AMReceivers battled back after some drops yes.  All the new faces contributed and that a good sign.

Strev played well, had a mistake at a critical part of the game.

Over stated on the negative.  I see good signs.

He did not play well. He had one successful drive the whole game. That doesn't negate every other drive.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Go_Big_D on June 30, 2024, 01:29:50 AMZach hasnt been breaking records so far except maybe for interceptions by the end of the season

I think he's going for lowest QB Rating in the history of the league.  Lower than Brohm!   ;D  ;D  ;D

I kid!  I love Zach and still have faith he'll figure it out.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: J5V on June 30, 2024, 02:15:38 AMI disagree. That's a jump ball and Demski fell down on the play resulting in an easy INT. Lots of heart shown on the road to force it to OT and a great chance to win it with a major in OT. I'm proud of this team and the way they battled until the final whistle. We are very close to turning this thing around and there is lots to build on. If we keep playing with heart like that the football gods will smile on us yet, guaranteed.
Props man we have the exact same attitude and you sum it up well.  Love what you bring to this place bud!!! Keep it up.

bomb squad

Team showed some improvement. Loss still stings though. This is a big hole to climb out of. Just have to keep fighting.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 01:37:09 AMStrevy no chemistry with the rookies

Which is extremely odd as he practices all day with the #2 Team.  Usually the #2 comes in and is great with the #2 Rs.  Very strange.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2024, 02:19:53 AMHe did not play well. He had one successful drive the whole game. That doesn't negate every other drive.
Well considering the circumstances.  One throw away from victory.  Showed a lot of moxie on the last drive.  We can agree to disagree.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on June 30, 2024, 01:38:00 AMnoone has any chemistry with the rookies, wilson should be gone as well

Johnson gets a break since this is his first game starting.  Wilson has had a couple/few starts and consistently been stanky.  He gets the apple first.  Johnson gets a longer leash.

... now make it 4 IP penalties.  It wasn't just Stan, Neuf moved early too.  Clearly they aren't used to working with Strev.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Our D stopped run most of the time but Maier had too long to throw most of the night. I suppose considering the inexperience of our rookie DL that was to be expected. IMO they are improving and it was good to get Nichols back.

Ford made a great pick but also made a couple of key errors including not switching on the TD.

Without success in the passing attack it's difficult to blame the OL, however, they are not playing well.

Is it time to give one of the PR OT's a chance? 

I thought Buck should have had Smith in as a 2nd RB in the 4th Q a few times. That would have given the Stamps defence more to worry about since our passing game was not a threat.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 02:21:45 AMWhich is extremely odd as he practices all day with the #2 Team.  Usually the #2 comes in and is great with the #2 Rs.  Very strange.

The starting receivers are all the # 2 players and in one case our # 3 receiver from the PR. We didn't add a bunch of rookies when Streveler came into the game.

I see we have another new poster. He seems to not be a giant negatron, but we'll see. It's curious that we lose a troll and all of a sudden a newbet arrives.

Like I said, he sounded like a normal guy so far.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: Pete on June 30, 2024, 01:38:00 AMnoone has any chemistry with the rookies, wilson should be gone as well
Hard no on Wilson being cut, shows promise

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 01:46:11 AMProcedure penalties. Maybe practice is an issue

Practice?  These guys practice?  :-)   I'm pretty sure they are just sipping daiquiris for an hour in Pinnacle and then going to Willie's house for a pool party and ordering Slurpees from 7-11 via Skip the Dishes.

Oh wait.... Strev just got a TD!!  You guys know the result... I don't yet!  OT here we come eh!  Exciting!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on June 30, 2024, 01:50:42 AMStrevy threw it to his BFF

There's your chemistry!  Those guys have a secret code and playbook together.  Book it!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on June 30, 2024, 01:50:42 AMStrevy threw it to his BFF

Strevie's TD does what Zach hasn't done in 6.3 games (including last year): throw a TD pass.

Doh!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 02:01:26 AMBO didn't touch the ball in ot

When Suits said Brady was stewing on the sidelines in the 4th, I'm pretty sure those shots of Brady moping were him actually in pain.  When he left the field after that last tackle he looked hurt, hopping around.  Pretty sure he was just a decoy after that.  He toughed it out so CGY had to take the run threat seriously, which they may not if Johnny was in.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2024, 02:07:59 AMAnd the win was there for the taking if we just had anything on offence.

Yup, closest one yet.

We forgot the cardinal (only!) rule of OT: don't turn the ball over!!  Literally do anything except TO.  Doh.

Being burned by Houston is fitting.  We deserve it.
Never go full Rider!