Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary - June 29, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 28, 2024, 06:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: barbk on June 30, 2024, 01:22:01 AMSergio my hero 59 yards

I'm 45 mins behind after having to bbq dinner...

This 59Y FG, maybe Castillo's longest?, is literally the highlight of our season so far.  And I'm not being facetious.  It's a great thing to rally behind.  Most coaches won't go for that, and most PK can't make it reliably.

Way to go "Chippy" Castillo!  (I think stats guys need to throw away the week 1 Castillo stats.)
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 30, 2024, 02:05:26 AMAnother step forward as we now went to OT.

I'm getting tired of improving but still losing.

I will say I liked Strev for the last quarter,I'm sure he'd like that last pass back.  But he stepped up later in the game and I am not quite as worried.

Sure hope Collaros isn't out long though.  Hope there aren't broken ribs.
Critical issue is the condition of the ribs.  Otherwise we be ok.  D played well.  ST good.  With Zach O be fine.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 02:07:07 AMThis loss was huge for standings..we will be fighting with Calgary for playoffs.

And the win was there for the taking if we just had anything on offence.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 02:07:21 AMI'm 45 mins behind after having to bbq dinner...

This 59Y FG, maybe Castillo's longest?, is literally the highlight of our season so far.  And I'm not being facetious.  It's a great thing to rally behind.  Most coaches won't go for that, and most PK can't make it reliably.

Way to go "Chippy" Castillo!  (I think stats guys need to throw away the week 1 Castillo stats.)

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 02:07:21 AMI'm 45 mins behind after having to bbq dinner...

It's a Bomber record.
My wife is amazing!

jdrattops

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 30, 2024, 02:05:26 AMAnother step forward as we now went to OT.

I'm getting tired of improving but still losing.

I will say I liked Strev for the last quarter,I'm sure he'd like that last pass back.  But he stepped up later in the game and I am not quite as worried.

Sure hope Collaros isn't out long though.  Hope there aren't broken ribs.

They're not improving.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 01:21:48 AMLegit question - is Lofton a legit starting o linemen??

Far and away Lofton's worst game for us so far.  Showing us why SSK pass pro was so bad last season.  He wasn't looking great last game either.  But in week 1 & 2 he was ok.  Maybe teams have figured him out?  He seems weak vs guys going around the horn.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on June 30, 2024, 02:07:18 AMReceivers dropped more passes than they caught.

Strev looked the same as always.

This was an extremely poorly played game on offence.
Receivers battled back after some drops yes.  All the new faces contributed and that a good sign.

Strev played well, had a mistake at a critical part of the game.

Over stated on the negative.  I see good signs.

markf

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 30, 2024, 01:58:12 AMWilson beast

showed a lot there. man that was slick.

game tieing drive... restored hope.

Blue In BC

Still an ugly loss but there was improvement in many areas. That's a small consolation.

1. Collaros injury was hopefully just precautionary keeping him out.
2. Streveler has horrible throwing mechanics. Accuracy not that great and don't give me rusty.
3. Oliveria wanted the ball. He got it and failed essentially. Not all his fault with little passing game.
4. Defence played well for most of the day.
5. Too many penalties still and those hurt us.
6. Castillo brought his A game.
7. O. Wilson and J. Johnson finally got a few chances to show what they could do.

At the least the point spread means we can still win the season series. I'd say we HAVE TO at this point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 30, 2024, 02:09:31 AMFar and away Lofton's worst game for us so far.  Showing us why SSK pass pro was so bad last season.  He wasn't looking great last game either.  But in week 1 & 2 he was ok.  Maybe teams have figured him out?  He seems weak vs guys going around the horn.

Concerning yes

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 30, 2024, 02:10:25 AMStill an ugly loss but there was improvement in many areas. That's a small consolation.

1. Collaros injury was hopefully just precautionary
2. Streveler has horrible throwing mechanics. Accuracy not that great and don't give me rusty.
3. Oliveria wanted the ball. He got it and failed essentially. Not all his fault with little passing game.
4. Defence played well for most of the day.
5. Too many penalties still and those hurt us.
6. Castillo brought his A game.
7. O. Wilson and J. Johnson finally got a few chances to show what they could do.

At the least the point spread means we can still win the season series. I'd say we HAVE TO at this point.

All good pts

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Big Daddy on June 30, 2024, 01:17:42 AMHas there been any actual information about bruised ribs?  Seems everyone is assuming this.

Not yet (with my tape delay).  But I studied the hit and there was no head contact with anything.  No player contact, no turf contact.  Ya, you can still rattle your brain just taking a chest hit, but it's rare(r).  So what's left over... more than just "wind", so some bruise/discomfort in the chest.  Not so horrible they don't send him out again (they did), but enough that after that he leaves the game.

My money is on some minor chest/rib thing and he'll be fine in 1-3 weeks.

The better question is why is our OL taking an insane number of IP flags?  Everyone is taking a turn!  Real embarrassing ones too.  We usually take 0-1 a game, not 3+.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 01:59:36 AMThere is the Strevy bad throw
I disagree. That's a jump ball and Demski fell down on the play resulting in an easy INT. Lots of heart shown on the road to force it to OT and a great chance to win it with a major in OT. I'm proud of this team and the way they battled until the final whistle. We are very close to turning this thing around and there is lots to build on. If we keep playing with heart like that the football gods will smile on us yet, guaranteed.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on June 30, 2024, 02:05:05 AMStrev is not a starting QB ...he is a gimmick guy - short yardage player.

Special teams were great

Not getting the ball in BO's hands in OT was a mistake

Penalties were an issue

O line not good enough

Defence had limited pressure
Got to practice and tell Strev his is a gimmic guy to his face. Have some respect.  Decent 2nd stringer.  If you wouldn't say it to their face don't say it here.