Official Game Day Thread - Montreal at Winnipeg, June 6, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 05, 2024, 05:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on June 05, 2024, 03:28:38 PMThat would mean we have 13 starters. I'm not sure how they figure it out, but we have a FB, RB and SB that are all Canadian so whoever is subbing out, it doesn't really matter.

When the FB is on the field, we'd take either our RB or receiver off the field. In some cased the FB will be on the field for running downs. On other downs he may be on the field on passing downs although I'd think more likely we see an OL come in as a TE as well. Situationally the player coming off could be either a Canadian or an import. Down and distance plus field position will determine who at different times.

It appears that our DI's are Mitchell ( returner ), Castillo, Woods and Adams. Bridges and Ayers are just non starting imports. Why don't they show who the DI's are each game? The extra imports can replace either an import or a Canadian but the DI's can only replace an import. So it's important to know.

The CFL.CA doesn't show the actual movement but Kelly, Garbutt, McGhee, Samson are off.  Bighill, Hallett, Lawson and Parker were already 6 game IR players.

There was room for 4 more players on PR, so those " new " transactions could be headed there I suppose.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Pete on June 05, 2024, 03:06:17 PMI still have an issue with not having an actual de available to replace injury. We went thru this last year, you'd think wed have learned.
Our scouting is lacking and we haven't picked up any one from other teams cuts
 Hoping we see a lot of Jefferson,Fox Woods and Haba as a unit with Adams rotating in.

I'll normally defend the mafia and scouting department to the end... this is one I really agree with though. We have a total of 3 DE's on the roster plus one national on the PR (Hubert is more of a DT though). It takes one injury and we have no one to replace him.

The only thing I could see happening, is going bigger on first down with Adams and Willie. Then on passing downs, maybe have Cole or Charbonneau replacing them in rotation.

Wilcots was cut by the way. I'm not against bringing him back if we have the room in the budget.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on June 05, 2024, 03:42:21 PMI'll normally defend the mafia and scouting department to the end... this is one I really agree with though. We have a total of 3 DE's on the roster plus one national on the PR (Hubert is more of a DT though). It takes one injury and we have no one to replace him.

The only thing I could see happening, is going bigger on first down with Adams and Willie. Then on passing downs, maybe have Cole or Charbonneau replacing them in rotation.

Wilcots was cut by the way. I'm not against bringing him back if we have the room in the budget.

Bring back Cedric!

Blue In BC

Ok.  Now I'm really confused with CFL.CA info. Garbutt and Kelly added to 6 game IR. Lawson and Noah Hallett still show on the AR. Is that good news for Lawson and Noah Hallett?

Samson is on the 1 game IR.

McGhee and Johnson also still show on the AR. None of that info matches the depth chart.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stats Junkie

According to the Depth Chart & Roster sheet:

1-Game
Kyle Samson

6-Game
Adam Bighill
TyJuan Garbutt
Noah Hallett
Jake Kelly
Cameron Lawson
Jamal Parker

Winnipeg does not list any players as DA

Montreal lists as DA:
29 Leblanc
30 Cosby
89 Letcher
99 Moultrie

The referee for the game is Andre Proulx
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 05, 2024, 04:28:20 PMAccording to the Depth Chart & Roster sheet:

1-Game
Kyle Samson

6-Game
Adam Bighill
TyJuan Garbutt
Noah Hallett
Jake Kelly
Cameron Lawson
Jamal Parker

Montreal lists as DA:
29 Leblanc
30 Cosby
89 Letcher
99 Moultrie

Where are you seeing the IR report and roster? I see the depth chart in this string. The IR doesn't show all of these on IR although they should be there. It is the 1st we've heard that Kelly and Garbutt are 6 game IR players.

If Kelly and Noah Hallett are both on 6 game IR, then will we consider bring back MacDougall?

The 2 extra imports should be moved to PR in theory.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 05, 2024, 04:28:20 PMAccording to the Depth Chart & Roster sheet:

1-Game
Kyle Samson

6-Game
Adam Bighill
TyJuan Garbutt
Noah Hallett
Jake Kelly
Cameron Lawson
Jamal Parker

Montreal lists as DA:
29 Leblanc
30 Cosby
89 Letcher
99 Moultrie

Wonderful

Stats Junkie

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 05, 2024, 04:37:01 PMWhere are you seeing the IR report and roster? I see the depth chart in this string. The IR doesn't show all of these on IR although they should be there. It is the 1st we've heard that Kelly and Garbutt are 6 game IR players.
I have access to a couple of CFL distribution lists.

Winnipeg Depth Chart
Montreal Depth Chart
CFL Game Notes
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

kkc60

Quote from: LXTSN on June 05, 2024, 03:33:39 PMKramdi must be better than Cole, Gauthier must be better than Ayers and Ford must be better than Bridges.
Either way, I'm sure all three of those guys get to see the field for defensive snaps at some point in game one. 100% they will be a big part of special teams too.
I really liked Ayers in preseason. I saw him make solid tackles and was really quick to get to there.
Admittedly I'm not the biggest fan of Gauther, but I'd really like to see Ayers get a bunch of reps while Biggie is out!
I think Gauthier gets this game and will probably be listed as a starter, but Ayers will slowly get more snaps

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 05, 2024, 04:42:34 PMI have access to a couple of CFL distribution lists.

Winnipeg Depth Chart
Montreal Depth Chart
CFL Game Notes

Thats good to know but in a perfect world, the CFL should be able to make the info on CFL.CA more accurate.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Lots to learn this game, our LB's are not going to be dominate, they may get the job done and maybe force a fumble but i just don't see teams fearing the combo of Gauthier, Kramdi and Wilson.  Prove me wrong guys...

I also don't want ZC taking big hits - that O-line had better be ready, I do expect that if zach has time this offense could be better than last year with the addition of Strevy.

Legit worried about us getting pressure on the QB

ModAdmin

Our Oline will be tested for sure with the changes resulting from the loses of Grey and Hardrick.  Montreal will try to bring pressure on Zach. I'm sure Buck will have a plan to try to offset that pressure but it will be there throughout the game I believe.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

Not as scary a roster as prior years. Everyone take some deep breaths! It's going to be okay!

Sir Blue and Gold

The line-up person is still in pre-season form:

1. Alexander is an import, but listed as a National (unless he's naturalized and that's how they specify that, which would be odd and needlessly confusing).
2. Dobson is a National and listed as an import.
3. Demski is a National and listed as an import.

By my count that is 10 National starters.

blue_or_die

I have concerns about the OL, front 7, and corners. Well, I'm not worried about Ford and in fact I'm bullish on him, just seen little of him and not for a long time. Losing an all star in Houston is going to sting.

I think given it's this version of the OL's first time as a unit together, we see more of Strev than we should get used to as we will not want to take chances on Zach, especially if we show that we can't make our blocks and they start sending the house more and more.

I expect our weak front 7 to control the run to hopefully a decent extent, but they will probably give CoFaj plenty of time. Aside from Bonds, our secondary is a proven elite unit, and it certainly helps that CoFaj sucks.

Crowd should play a big factor. Lots of h8 among us fans after what happened against this team in November and we all need to be there and give it to 'em good.
#Ride?