Official Game Day Thread - Montreal at Winnipeg, June 6, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 05, 2024, 05:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Andre Proulx I thought did a good job with Blue Bombers of late.
No problem with OL Andre.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

10 Nat starters is insane.  Of course, goes to 9 when Bighill slots back in, but still, that's a lot of Nats.

Can't wait for ST's, Chrish-Ike and Clercius are supposed to be heavy hitters.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on June 05, 2024, 07:30:24 PM10 Nat starters is insane.  Of course, goes to 9 when Bighill slots back in, but still, that's a lot of Nats.

Can't wait for ST's, Chrish-Ike and Clercius are supposed to be heavy hitters.

It's unlikely to be sustainable. It also may not look like that in game. We have declare our nationals on offense and defense prior to the game so while a depth chart says one thing, we can, (I believe) for example, only list 3 defensive Canadian players on defense and therefore sub players more freely (benefits being all Americans on the defensive line as part of a rotation or Cole in for Kramdi in certain situations).

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 05, 2024, 06:52:55 PMThe line-up person is still in pre-season form:

1. Alexander is an import, but listed as a National (unless he's naturalized and that's how they specify that, which would be odd and needlessly confusing).
2. Dobson is a National and listed as an import.
3. Demski is a National and listed as an import.

By my count that is 10 National starters.

No kidding. How hard can it be to get the info right? lol
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 05, 2024, 06:56:38 PMAndre Proulx I thought did a good job with Blue Bombers of late.
No problem with OL Andre.

Best ref in the CFL

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on June 05, 2024, 10:15:10 PMwhat happened to Geoff Gray??

He wasn't signed in free agency. Whether he was deciding to move on from football or whether the Bombers even offered a contract IDK. However, he hasn't signed elsewhere either. I tend to think he's move on to his post football career. Of course I may be in error and he could sign somewhere soon.

Depending on how things go with our OL, we can't rule out anything. Bombers didn't spend money they allocated for Grant and if Bighill and Lawson are on 6 game IR for longer, they may be considering other options.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gordo

Really stoked for some Bomber football. Some changes I hope work out...

Not loving our MLB situation with Gauthier starting.  Was hoping they could have unearthed another US linebacker to fill in and potentially be groomed behind Bighill.

Hoping Dobson can surprise us and be solid as a starter on the o-line but he's past 30 and never stuck anywhere as a starter so not optimistic.

Will be interesting to see what pressure the d-line can bring with Fox and Haba in full time this year.  Liked Haba so hoping he rises to another level.

And if I'm not mistaken, two new corners who will be tested. 

But with the core intact and Strev back it'll be a big dose of arse kicking for the Als tomorrow!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gordo on June 06, 2024, 02:46:52 AMReally stoked for some Bomber football. Some changes I hope work out...

Not loving our MLB situation with Gauthier starting.  Was hoping they could have unearthed another US linebacker to fill in and potentially be groomed behind Bighill.

Hoping Dobson can surprise us and be solid as a starter on the o-line but he's past 30 and never stuck anywhere as a starter so not optimistic.

Will be interesting to see what pressure the d-line can bring with Fox and Haba in full time this year.  Liked Haba so hoping he rises to another level.

And if I'm not mistaken, two new corners who will be tested. 

But with the core intact and Strev back it'll be a big dose of arse kicking for the Als tomorrow!

Liam Dobson is 26 and has only played for the Blue Bombers professionally.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 05, 2024, 02:37:02 PMRoster is out, looks like Gauthier starting at MLB.

Looks like this is going to be one of those years...

No charts on bluebombers.com
https://www.bluebombers.com/2024-depth-position-charts/
(as of 10:45pm central Jun 5)

Nor cfl.ca
https://www.cfl.ca/games/6401/winnipeg-blue%20bombers-vs-montreal-alouettes/#/preview

If someone can find the pages containing the links to bb.com or cfl.ca (not a random url @cfl.ca, but the page that lets you discover the random url via a link), where they really should be available by the deadline(!), please correct me.  It looks like the teams are posting it to cfl.ca somehow but I can't find any cfl.ca page that links to them, and directory-listing is disabled for the url's base dir, so I can't discover the non-standardized filename.

I'm sure the bb.com one will show up eventually, usually a few hours before the game, but that doesn't help me doing my fantasy/pickems the night before.

MTL has theirs up...
https://en.montrealalouettes.com/depth-chart/

Holy smokes: I just looked at the twatter roster and it's a) not print-friendly like the "real" chart (then again, it never was) and b) it's got errors up the wazoo.  They have #37 as a NAT and Dobson as an IMP!  Why do we bother putting 2 charts out: the twatter one and the real one that eventually goes on bb.com and cfl.ca??
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 05, 2024, 04:42:34 PMI have access to a couple of CFL distribution lists.

Winnipeg Depth Chart

Where did you get those URLs!??!?!?!?!?!?  Those are the legit final charts that I seek so desperately.  So they exist and people have them but they aren't in game-tracker nor bb.com!??!  That is reaaaaaaly aggravating me.

If there's some magic secret, please PM me.  This stuff is important to me.

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 05, 2024, 04:28:20 PMWinnipeg does not list any players as DA

The "real" chart from Junkie does have the NAT/IMP designations correct.  However, even it does not show the DA's.  By rule the teams MUST designate the DAs.  I guess we're back to "but they do it on the secret roster handed to the league" which does us fans no good whatsoever.
Never go full Rider!