Official Game Day Thread - Montreal at Winnipeg, June 6, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 05, 2024, 05:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Let the real games begin!

What better way to start the season as against the team that beat you in the Grey Cup.  Motivation can be a great winning tool.

Drew Wolitarsky speaks to that in Ed Tait's 48 Hour Primer...

"..."There's definitely going to be some bad blood," said Blue Bombers receiver Drew Wolitarsky as the club completed its final full practice before Wednesday's walk-through and the CFL curtain raiser Thursday night at Princess Auto Stadium. "It's not the exact same teams, obviously, because there have been roster changes, but it's going to be two fighters who think they're the best going into another fight..."

The big questions..."Will the Bombers starters be fully ready for this game after sitting for the pre season games?"  "Will the Rookies selected to be active for this game be ready to step in for the players they are replacing?"

There is a ton of motivation for the Bombers to come out charged and motivated for this first game of the season.

Already a statement game for the Blue Bombers so, "Let's go Bombers!"

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Remember the BC game in like week 18 last season?  The game many were trying to say was just a game.  But some of us said it was the most critical game of the season, kind of the GC before the GC?

Ya, this is that game.  Right now, in week 1.

Win this game and the fluke is vindicated forever.  Lose it and we really deserved what we got.  Whatever team wins it will likely go .800+ for the next 5 weeks.  The loser may have an ugly early season...

We can do it!  Go BLUE!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

WPG heavily favored in the Riderfans forum pickems, around 3 or 4 to 1.  When the people who throw up every time they type the word "Bombers" are picking you, that's a sign you're supposed to win.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2024, 07:29:56 AMWPG heavily favored in the Riderfans forum pickems, around 3 or 4 to 1.  When the people who throw up every time they type the word "Bombers" are picking you, that's a sign you're supposed to win.
Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2024, 07:20:56 AMRemember the BC game in like week 18 last season?  The game many were trying to say was just a game.  But some of us said it was the most critical game of the season, kind of the GC before the GC?

Ya, this is that game.  Right now, in week 1.

Win this game and the fluke is vindicated forever.  Lose it and we really deserved what we got.  Whatever team wins it will likely go .800+ for the next 5 weeks.  The loser may have an ugly early season...

We can do it!  Go BLUE!

I want to win (like absolutely crush them). But there are zero implications on either team's season beyond this week. Early season CFL games do not have that kind of impact.
My wife is amazing!

Tiger

I think this game could go either way.  With player changes on both teams and injuries it is a little up in the air.

That said Fajardo has talent but lacks consistency.  Mack is gone to NFL but Houston is also gone. 

I hope Willie can get pressure w/o Jeffcoat and Bighill injured.

Our secondary will be tested but Fajardo gives you the turn over opportunities.

If O line plays average and Brady and Zach play average we should win.  Castillo is reliable and while he will miss some he gives us peace of mind.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Waffler

Guessing a high scoring, mistake filled game won by the Bombers. The early questions on D should more than be made up for by the O.

Bombers will WANT it more and should get it, but still a 2 point game. Nothing is really decided here. I reserve must wins for western series deciding games and playoffs.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

BomberFan73

Quote from: Jesse on June 05, 2024, 11:14:28 AMI want to win (like absolutely crush them). But there are zero implications on either team's season beyond this week. Early season CFL games do not have that kind of impact.

Exactly. this game will have little bearing on the season, other than the 2 points available.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Roster is out, looks like Gauthier starting at MLB.

BomberFan73

Interesting that Adams is backing up Willie, when he's more of a DT
Hope they can get enough pressure on Cody.

Pete

I still have an issue with not having an actual de available to replace injury. We went thru this last year, you'd think wed have learned.
Our scouting is lacking and we haven't picked up any one from other teams cuts
 Hoping we see a lot of Jefferson,Fox Woods and Haba as a unit with Adams rotating in.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 05, 2024, 02:54:43 PMInteresting that Adams is backing up Willie, when he's more of a DT
Hope they can get enough pressure on Cody.

They seem to be holding onto more DT's than necessary, I think they could have dropped Woods to the PR and kept either Rivers or Upshaw.

BomberFan73

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 05, 2024, 03:15:06 PM10 starting Canadians?

Does FB count as a starter?  If so 11

Offence: Brady, Demski, Wolly, 3 OL, FB?
Def: Jake, Ford, Gauthier, Kramdi

LXTSN

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 05, 2024, 03:26:27 PMDoes FB count as a starter?  If so 11

Offence: Brady, Demski, Wolly, 3 OL, FB?
Def: Jake, Ford, Gauthier, Kramdi
That would mean we have 13 starters. I'm not sure how they figure it out, but we have a FB, RB and SB that are all Canadian so whoever is subbing out, it doesn't really matter.

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 05, 2024, 03:15:06 PM10 starting Canadians?
Kramdi must be better than Cole, Gauthier must be better than Ayers and Ford must be better than Bridges.
Either way, I'm sure all three of those guys get to see the field for defensive snaps at some point in game one. 100% they will be a big part of special teams too.
I really liked Ayers in preseason. I saw him make solid tackles and was really quick to get to there.
Admittedly I'm not the biggest fan of Gauther, but I'd really like to see Ayers get a bunch of reps while Biggie is out!