Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 9, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2023, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: dd on September 09, 2023, 10:15:17 PM
It is and it isn?t. The game last week was back and forth, coming down to the last possession, the rider fans got to see a real treat. Our fans get to see a blow out where one team shows up and the other one has given up before the opening kickoff , 48-6 in 4th quarter, I d be sitting down Collaros, and oliviera for sure , at this point in the game you just hope nobody gets hurt in this whitewash of a game

I had zero interest in watching a good game. We got treated to a complete and absolute s*** kicking and it was needed & glorious.
#Ride?

dd

I didn?t even tune in today, I knew it was going to be a blow out. Who cares if you win by 50, my question is where were 3 of those points last week so we could have won that close game?? Execution was brutal last week and obviously pretty good this week. Why the inconsistency? That?s troubling

ModAdmin

Quote from: dd on September 10, 2023, 12:13:06 AM
I didn?t even tune in today, I knew it was going to be a blow out. Who cares if you win by 50, my question is where were 3 of those points last week so we could have won that close game?? Execution was brutal last week and obviously pretty good this week. Why the inconsistency? That?s troubling

We are 10 and 3. What's inconsistent about that? They play well enough to lead the west! The locked down a playoff spot.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Perfect game, great team

Yeah not worth watching.  Yeah waxing your biggest rival means nothing.  Now I have heard it all.

We are consistently great.  10 and 3.  Nuff said.  #1d+ Hall is boss.

Lincoln Locomotive

Zach Collaros and Dalton Schoen really stepped up and Brady elevated his game from Bully Ball to Monster Ball!  
Apparently Zach addressed the entire team after the LDC and told the team in no uncertain teams that they all need to be better!   Now that's a leader and I've been somewhat critical and posted that he needed to step up and show his worth.    Well from that locker room delivery on he has responded along with his teammates.  We are so lucky we have him.   Zach Attack is back!!
Bomber fan for life

dd

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 10, 2023, 01:20:37 AM
Perfect game, great team
Yeah not worth watching.  Yeah waxing your biggest rival means nothing.  Now I have heard it all.

We are consistently great.  10 and 3.  Nuff said.  #1d+ Hall is boss.
We are not consistently great. Remember being smoked at home against the Lions??

And let?s not forget being down 22-0 against the offensive juggernaut Elks, only to have our backup Qb come in and save the day

How many pick 6 s has Collaros thrown this season?? Does he lead the league in that stat??

How about the dreadful loss against the Deadblacks with their 3rd string Qb in??

And of course the recent loss to the cryders when we turn around and hose them by 50.

You?re delusional at best if you think we re consistently great. See this for what it is, Collaros is Jekyll and Hyde at its best

And it?s all well and good Collaros tells the team everybody has got to start playing better, I?d be happy if he just started playing better. That wasn?t leadership, that was a confession to the team!!

theaardvark

Had to sell my tickets (just tested negative now), so I got to watch all Saturday.

Would have been fun to be there for another 50 burger, weather looked great, but if I have to miss a game, thank goodness it was a game where tickets were a premium...

And watching 9 hours of football in quarantine, could be worse.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

Quote from: dd on September 10, 2023, 01:35:12 AM
We are not consistently great. Remember being smoked at home against the Lions??

And let?s not forget being down 22-0 against the offensive juggernaut Elks, only to have our backup Qb come in and save the day

How many pick 6 s has Collaros thrown this season?? Does he lead the league in that stat??

How about the dreadful loss against the Deadblacks with their 3rd string Qb in??

And of course the recent loss to the cryders when we turn around and hose them by 50.

You?re delusional at best if you think we re consistently great. See this for what it is, Collaros is Jekyll and Hyde at its best

And it?s all well and good Collaros tells the team everybody has got to start playing better, I?d be happy if he just started playing better. That wasn?t leadership, that was a confession to the team!!
Consistancy may be an issue, but Zacs leadership is not. Any qb may have a tough game but its how you respond especially in your actions. 6 tds in 6 drives, enuf said.You went off the rails on that point.

bomb squad

If you didn?t know the result of this game and just read a couple of certain posts in this thread, you?d think the Bombers were the team that got blown out.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: bomb squad on September 10, 2023, 02:31:33 AM
If you didn?t know the result of this game and just read a couple of certain posts in this thread, you?d think the Bombers were the team that got blown out.
When you don't watch the game that tends to happen
Quote from: dd on September 10, 2023, 01:35:12 AM

This run for this under Collaros will go down as one of the most successful periods for any QB ever
He is the best player in the league and is great
Yes all seasons have bumps but look at our record over the last number of seasons and ask yourself is that is consistently great
He is a natural leader still close or at his peak
Quote from: Pete on September 10, 2023, 02:26:21 AM
Consistancy may be an issue, but Zacs leadership is not. Any qb may have a tough game but its how you respond especially in your actions. 6 tds in 6 drives, enuf said.You went off the rails on that point.
He was wrong about the club so he tried for the fence to dump on the best player in the land, yes great leader

Classic moment here

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

PeakyBlinders

Does anyone know why he kicked off to start the game AND we kicked off to start the 2nd half? We won the toss and deferred so i thought we would get the ball first in the second half?

Various people around me at the game were thinking the same.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: PeakyBlinders on September 10, 2023, 03:03:24 PM
Does anyone know why he kicked off to start the game AND we kicked off to start the 2nd half? We won the toss and deferred so i thought we would get the ball first in the second half?

Various people around me at the game were thinking the same.
Deferred our decision to 2nd half and then decided to take the wind for 4th which wasn't a huge factor is my only guess

PeakyBlinders

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 10, 2023, 03:31:55 PM
Deferred our decision to 2nd half and then decided to take the wind for 4th which wasn't a huge factor is my only guess

OK Thanks, I am not sure I have ever seen that before. Almost felt like the Bombers were saying FU, go ahead have the ball it does not matter lol

pjrocksmb

Quote from: PeakyBlinders on September 10, 2023, 04:10:48 PM
OK Thanks, I am not sure I have ever seen that before. Almost felt like the Bombers were saying FU, go ahead have the ball it does not matter lol
Wee bit of that with the way Hall and his merry men were running!