Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: LXTSN on September 01, 2023, 01:02:07 PM
If Woli is out, couldn't we start McCrae? Since Kramdi is starting now it should open up a DI spot for a guy like Parker right?

You still need to get one American out of the active roster to put Parker in.
Plus McCrae usually lines up on the slotback doing the Demski-like plays. Will he be better in the wideout?

Throw Long Bannatyne

If Woli is out, couldn't we start McCrae? Since Kramdi is starting now it should open up a DI spot for a guy like Parker right?

That would be cruel to BOO who has been waiting patiently to play all season, got to throw a good dog a bone once in awhile.

Pigskin

Woli82 looked good on Tuesday. BOO will fill in just fine he is out.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Bombers have made more than their usual " brain farts " mistakes in recent games. 3 pic 6's to mention part of that. I think we're about due to have a game closer to perfect in that sense. No procedure penalties on opposition 15 yard line on 1st down for example. Those mistakes are uncharacteristic.

It they manage those issues , I think we win in a walk.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 01, 2023, 07:32:57 PM
Bombers have made more than their usual " brain farts " mistakes in recent games. 3 pic 6's to mention part of that. I think we're about due to have a game closer to perfect in that sense. No procedure penalties on opposition 15 yard line on 1st down for example. Those mistakes are uncharacteristic.

It they manage those issues , I think we win in a walk.

Prefer the games were they struggle to establish the offence early on but are running smoothly through the second half, with a bit of cleanup time at the end for backups to play.  As opposed to games were they blow the doors off early and sometimes lose focus late in the 3rd Q.  Don't want to give the Riders a chance to rally late with the crowd in their favour.  I think O'Shea gets uncomfortable when they're up by 30-40 points and tries to apply the brakes, he knows payback may be coming down the road if they blow a team out and embarrass them.

bunker

Stating the obvious, but I would like a game where they play well for 60 minutes. They will need to do that to beat Toronto. My concern is they are developing bad habits in terms of letting up or not focusing because they know they are better than some teams they are playing (see games against Hamilton, Ottawa, and first halves against Edmonton). The problem is that it can become a learned habit, that carries over to tougher must win games. And yes, I know I am complaining about a 9-2 team.  :D

pdirks67

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2023, 09:01:25 PM
As we thought: Hansen, Haba and Grant won't play this week. Just seeing how they feel and look after being off the roster for several weeks. This week and next week gives them several practices and then the decisions will be made. It allows give full benefit to SMS completing the 6 week IR issue.

It does sound as though Woli is fine. Just a vet day either to rest of deal with some personal issue. No problem.

Not quite sure about Briggs or Gauthier until we see the daily IR report. Even that doesn't mean much.

The Bombers have Haba as "Questionable" for the LDC. I heard O'Shea say that Haba and Hansen won't play, but today's injury report seems to indicate that Haba might actually play.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/08/30/bombers-riders-injury-reports-wieneke-full-lokombo-sits-out-on-wed/

NewBlue

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 31, 2023, 05:44:45 PM
Oh no no guitar man. We need the guitar man. BOO would replace in nicely. Thanks.

Instead of a guitar player we get a BanjOO player!

Jesse

Quote from: pdirks67 on September 01, 2023, 09:44:09 PM
The Bombers have Haba as "Questionable" for the LDC. I heard O'Shea say that Haba and Hansen won't play, but today's injury report seems to indicate that Haba might actually play.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/08/30/bombers-riders-injury-reports-wieneke-full-lokombo-sits-out-on-wed/

That would mean taking them off the 6-game early.

They're just being eased in so they can come back next week.

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Every week everybody seems to be listed as questionable. I don't think any of the players on the 6 game IR will play. It would require them to be taken off 6 game IR early.

Now the fly in the ointment is that Briggs and Gauthier are not currently on the IR. If in fact they can't play, we'd be down 2 defensive players and have a ratio issue filling spots with other Canadians.

Only Kelly and Schmekel are available on the PR but those aren't really going to see reps on defence.

Does that require a need to take Haba off early or do they activate one of Fox or Garbutt while also making a change with our DI's. From an SMS point of view taking off Haba early is marginally more expensive and he might not be game condition ready.

Possibly losing 2 Canadian back up players could have some domino impact. I'm less concerned about the " Questionable " status than the fact they didn't practice at all this week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

A bit shocking, but you heard it right from the horse's mouth, so it must be true!  Neither Hansen or Haba will be playing on Sunday, O'Shea's main concern is not bringing players back before they're ready.  Expect Jackson to dress once again, especially since Gauthier and maybe Briggs are unlikely to play.

theaardvark

Hansen should be able to come off the 6 game at any time... he's been on it all year.

Not sure when Haba went on, if it hasn't been a full 6 games, then there is $SMS concerns.  But the rules let them practice after 4 games, which MOS is doing to ease them back in...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on September 01, 2023, 11:32:08 PM
Hansen should be able to come off the 6 game at any time... he's been on it all year.

Not sure when Haba went on, if it hasn't been a full 6 games, then there is $SMS concerns.  But the rules let them practice after 4 games, which MOS is doing to ease them back in...

I don't think that's how it works. When he came off his first 6-game, he was then placed on a second 6-game.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Didn't think Hansen would playing this weekend. Hansen wasn't doing any drills with contact on Tuesday. Looked like he was just trying to get back in shape and up to speed.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Quote from: bunker on September 01, 2023, 09:39:18 PM
Stating the obvious, but I would like a game where they play well for 60 minutes. They will need to do that to beat Toronto. My concern is they are developing bad habits in terms of letting up or not focusing because they know they are better than some teams they are playing (see games against Hamilton, Ottawa, and first halves against Edmonton). The problem is that it can become a learned habit, that carries over to tougher must win games. And yes, I know I am complaining about a 9-2 team.  :D

All true. I feel the same.
#Ride?