Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: theaardvark on September 01, 2023, 11:32:08 PM
Hansen should be able to come off the 6 game at any time... he's been on it all year.

Not sure when Haba went on, if it hasn't been a full 6 games, then there is $SMS concerns.  But the rules let them practice after 4 games, which MOS is doing to ease them back in...

No. Count start again to 1 when he started the second stint. Just the same if he comes off early they have to pay the games from the start of his second stint.

bomb squad

Quote from: bunker on September 01, 2023, 09:39:18 PM
Stating the obvious, but I would like a game where they play well for 60 minutes. They will need to do that to beat Toronto. My concern is they are developing bad habits in terms of letting up or not focusing because they know they are better than some teams they are playing (see games against Hamilton, Ottawa, and first halves against Edmonton). The problem is that it can become a learned habit, that carries over to tougher must win games. And yes, I know I am complaining about a 9-2 team.  :D

They're a veteran, well established team. They know they are a better than every other team in the league, with the exception of Toronto. That won't be settled until the Grey Cup, regardless of what happens on Sept 29th. For this team this year, it's all about getting enough wins to get 1st place and taking care of business in the WF. Then it's another 60 minutes of everything they got for the Grey Cup win. That's where this team's psyche is at and it's being reflected in the spottiness of their play. I don't know if that can be changed or frankly if it even should be changed. Sure, they may well play a 60 minute game tomorrow. Will that tell us any more about this team? I don't know. All we know is that so far, they're getting it done. Even when their starting quarterback goes down for two games. Enjoy the ride.

TBURGESS

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 02, 2023, 04:48:18 AM
No. Count start again to 1 when he started the second stint. Just the same if he comes off early they have to pay the games from the start of his second stint.
QuotePlayers added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. Teams may remove an unlimited number of players from the 6-game injured list before their 6-game period is completed. If they do so, the player's salary while on the injured list retroactively counts against the salary cap.
It doesn't say that the count starts at 1 again for the second stint, so I don't think that's how it works.

A player can stay on the 6 game injured list for as long as they have to and their salary doesn't count against the SMS. The 6 game part is the minimum number of games they have to be on the list to have their salary exempt.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Depth chart on Facebook shows: Gauthier and Darby out. Parker and Burtenshaw in.

Parker will help our returns but losing Gauthier is unfortunate. He's very good on ST's and does see reps on defence.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 02, 2023, 01:49:09 PM
It doesn't say that the count starts at 1 again for the second stint, so I don't think that's how it works.

A player can stay on the 6 game injured list for as long as they have to and their salary doesn't count against the SMS. The 6 game part is the minimum number of games they have to be on the list to have their salary exempt.

The SMS in regard to IR has never been exactly clear. I'm not sure what being able to take a player off early means in regard to the SMS hit. I don't see any reason why many players can't be taken off early if the salary counts any way. Does the " early " rule " allow a team to remove a player early while exempting that portion of the 6 game IR?

A player can't participate until week 5 of the 6 game IR. That applies to the 2nd go around as well. In that sense the players we are discussing can't be taken off early without that SMS hit.

We have been wondering why Parker didn't replace Darby earlier. I'm curious in why the team made this change this week. Parker was moved from 1 game IR to PR and then to AR this week. Was this a reflection of needing more out of our returns or a direct reflection of Parker over Darby?

Darby is out but does he go to 1 game IR or PR?

EDIT: I saw something on the other site saying Darby has gone to the 6 game IR? There weren't any suggestions about any injury last week and no comment about that on daily IR report. Has he been fighting an injury all along and part of the reason he wasn't starting? If that's true then why didn't they make this change earlier? Bizarre.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

bunker

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 02, 2023, 01:49:09 PM

I think you can take a limited number of players off after more than 6 games on 6 game IR according to CFLdb

'Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. Teams may remove an unlimited number of players from the 6-game injured list before their 6-game period is completed. If they do so, the player's salary while on the injured list retroactively counts against the salary cap'

https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2023, 03:19:35 PM
Depth chart on Facebook shows: Gauthier and Darby out. Parker and Burtenshaw in.

Parker will help our returns but losing Gauthier is unfortunate. He's very good on ST's and does see reps on defence.

Both Darby, Jr. and Gauthier were moved to the six-game injured list

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 02, 2023, 05:31:16 PM

For the second time?  Where did you see this?

theaardvark

So, Hansen is eligible anytime now.

Haba can practice, and should be available to come off without penalty after the LDC, as he went on Jul 19 and this will be the sixth game since then.

Odd bringing in Buretenshaw.  Guessing teams are struggling more than DLine.  Would have been interesting to put Schmekel in for the LDC, him being from Regina...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 02, 2023, 05:31:16 PM

We knew Gauthier wasn't practising so in that sense it's not a surprise. The earlier injury must have flared up again. I didn't notice Darby getting hurt in the last game since he was hardly on the field.

I suppose it will be easier to get Ford on the roster as an ST player now. With a little luck by next week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 02, 2023, 06:19:46 PM
We knew Gauthier wasn't practising so in that sense it's not a surprise. The earlier injury must have flared up again. I didn't notice Darby getting hurt in the last game since he was hardly on the field.

I suppose it will be easier to get Ford on the roster as an ST player now. With a little luck by next week.

If Darby is moved to an "injured" list, that's just roster shenanigans to give him his full salary as far as I'm concerned.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

He was moved the 6 game,sounds like hes had a nagging hamstring maybe resting it will help get him back to being productive. Rose was similar ly, where he was good enough to play but not 100% where he needed to be

pdirks67

Quote from: bunker on September 02, 2023, 05:05:38 PM
I think you can take a limited number of players off after more than 6 games on 6 game IR according to CFLdb

'Players added to the 6-game injured list have their salaries excluded from the salary cap for the duration they are on the list. Teams may remove two players who has been on the 6-game injured list for seven games or more without penalty. Teams may remove an unlimited number of players from the 6-game injured list before their 6-game period is completed. If they do so, the player's salary while on the injured list retroactively counts against the salary cap'

https://cfldb.ca/faq/rosters/

What is the logic behind the maximum of two players removed without penalty where they were on the list for seven games or more? I understand why there would be constraints on removing players from the list if they were on it for less than six games.

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on September 03, 2023, 03:46:01 PM
He was moved the 6 game,sounds like hes had a nagging hamstring maybe resting it will help get him back to being productive. Rose was dimilar ly, where he was good enough to play but not 100% where he needed to be

The last couple of practices I attended, you could see he had a wrap on his quad/hamstring.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Ducky

Any update on the game start?  Has the smoked cleared enough?