Blue Bombers at Riders Pre-GDT

Started by Pigskin, August 25, 2023, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on August 30, 2023, 06:06:16 PM
Derek Taylor
LB Shayne Gauthier not dressed for today?s practice. He returned to action last week vs. Montreal
Haven?t seen LB Jesse Briggs today either.

Probably doesn't mean much. Vet days and / or creating reps for the IR guys getting reps today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Jackson spent most of the practice with the OL and working on blocking.
Haba, Clements, and Hansen, all in full gear. Haba and Clements did all the drills.
Hansen took it easy on the pass rush drills. He also wasn't going full out like Haba and Clements.
Grant is not ready yet. Was doing some jogging in the end zone, and threw some pass to receiver in one drill, (lefty).  But most of the time stood around watching practice.
Fox, has some good speed, and seems hard to handle.
15 and 23, working on punt returns.
JA27, took a lot of reps with the first unit.
Didn't see 44 or 34, on the field today.
Bombers also pumping noise into the stadium for the O plays.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pigskin on August 30, 2023, 07:06:27 PM
Haba, Clements, and Hansen, all in full gear. Haba and Clements did all the drills.
Hansen took it easy on the pass rush drills. He also wasn't going full out like Haba and Clements.
Grant is not ready yet. Was doing some jogging in the end zone, and threw some pass to receiver in one drill, (lefty).  But most of the time stood around watching practice.
sorry to hear Grant isn't ready.....who is #23 as he's not listed on the Bombers list of players.
Bomber fan for life

pdirks67

Thanks for the in-depth report!

GOLDMEMBER

Sucks regarding Grant and Hansen.

Good for Haba and Clements.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 26, 2023, 12:38:39 PM
I think the Riders are exploitable in many areas.

Starting with their OL the Jeffs are rounding into wonderful form and could present big issue in both the running and passing attacks. Walkers continued improvement I would like to see trend upwards.

They do have a good slate of WRs but our DBs Are nothing to sneeze at either.

Must contain Alford on coverage units. This is an area where they may have a leg up on us. LDC are known for those explosion plays so the coverage units need to contain.

They have a good DL so the our OL will have it challenges. Here is where you need to look at Buck to have a game plan and call plays that will aid is OL is max protection and similar formation run/pass plays.

Should be a real good game. Only way the Blue Bombers lose is if they beat themselves.
The Jeffs are doing such an amazing job off the edges that Walker and Long time Vet Jake "FATBOI" Thomas are having an amazing season up the middle.
Thomas has matched his 2019 career high in sacks of 5 sacks and we still have 7 games left. To put that into perspective, SSK's l2 sack leaders have 5 a piece.

SSK actually has the 2nd fewest sacks in the league so im not sure if their DL will put much pressure on us.

For the record 6 of the leagues top 43 WR yards leaders are Bombers, the Riders only have 3 of the top 43 and those 3 are right behind Schoen and Demski in the leaders column. Thing is, our defence has gotten extremely better in the last 2-3 weeks with Wilson and Rose back. I can't wait to get Lawrence back in the secondary as well maybe rotational SAM?
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

KINGCHARLES

I wonder if theres a way to fit Haba, Clements and Hansen all on the roster? that front 7 rotation would be lethal.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

Pete

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 30, 2023, 08:27:48 PM
I wonder if theres a way to fit Haba, Clements and Hansen all on the roster? that front 7 rotation would be lethal.
Clements replaces Cole,
Haba replaces Jackson or Darby
Hansen would have to replace Marou

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: Pete on August 30, 2023, 08:38:31 PM
Clements replaces Cole,

Think the Canadian Mafia loves Jackson so i could see Darby getting benched.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on August 30, 2023, 07:31:27 PM
sorry to hear Grant isn't ready.....who is #23 as he's not listed on the Bombers list of players.

Sorry #29

CA86 with a couple of very nice catches today. One at the goal line was a beauty.

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on August 30, 2023, 08:38:31 PM
Clements replaces Cole,

Agree, Clements replaces Cole, and Haba replaces Jackson. Taking Darby out right now means no one with experience backing up Kramdi.

blue_gold_84

What the crap happened to/with Darby?
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Watching practice today we were trying to figure out where would Ford fit in. Right now TEAMs. I think the bomber drafted him thinking Safety. However BA37 has been lights out good. Our DBs are all good and we have 3 DBs on the PR or IR at this point.

Pete

I believe Ford has the potential to be another Adeleke, For now he would be special teams and back up fo the dbs/corners
It may also give us an opportunity to replace Darby. I believe Alexander can back up Kramdl if need be with Hallet being the short term back up to Alexander.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on August 30, 2023, 08:57:54 PM
Watching practice today we were trying to figure out where would Ford fit in. Right now TEAMs. I think the bomber drafted him thinking Safety. However BA37 has been lights out good. Our DBs are all good and we have 3 DBs on the PR or IR at this point.

Field corner. That's where he played (sparingly) in his rookie year. Not to say he couldn't play safety but he doesn't have any experience there.