Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 22, 2023, 01:48:05 AM
That is the good thing about our wide receiver depth. Assuming we can afford the sms hit we can certainly one game a guy or two here and there not expect much of a drop off collectively from the position.
What a luxury we have

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on July 21, 2023, 06:30:38 PM
He has been on and off the injury report all year with hip issues...

Yes, he has had a a bruised hip since early in the season. Apparently last night he took a shot to the head and wasn't feeling 100%. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on July 22, 2023, 03:58:27 AM
Yes, he has had a a bruised hip since early in the season. Apparently last night he took a shot to the head and wasn't feeling 100%. 
Yeah that was a big impact

Blue In BC

Hansen and Miller have now missed 7 games. I didn't notice either being extended on another 6 game stint. OTOH, they didn't practice last week and they weren't moved to 1 game IR either.

Do we have any reports what their status / injury issues are?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 23, 2023, 01:40:16 PM
Hansen and Miller have now missed 7 games. I didn't notice either being extended on another 6 game stint. OTOH, they didn't practice last week and they weren't moved to 1 game IR either.

Do we have any reports what their status / injury issues are?

I suspect it will be a week of silence on those things

Blue In BC

Quote from: The Zipp on July 23, 2023, 02:44:04 PM
I suspect it will be a week of silence on those things

Probably but if they don't show them as practising ( which seems unlikely ) then they will be extended on 6 game IR. Miller is one of our oldest players and I suspect we may not see him play this year or at a very minimum late in the season.

OTOH, Hansen getting healthy in the last 1/3 of the season would be a very good addition.

The issue is that we don't know what the injuries were and I suppose it's possible one or both were season ending.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 23, 2023, 03:01:55 PM
Probably but if they don't show them as practising ( which seems unlikely ) then they will be extended on 6 game IR. Miller is one of our oldest players and I suspect we may not see him play this year or at a very minimum late in the season.

OTOH, Hansen getting healthy in the last 1/3 of the season would be a very good addition.

The issue is that we don't know what the injuries were and I suppose it's possible one or both were season ending.

I don't think Hansen re-injured himself, I believe he is still recovering from the injury he suffered last season.  As for Miller potentially his last year, could see him pursuing a coaching career as a ST coordinator, he always seems to be hanging around the coaches eavesdropping.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 23, 2023, 03:14:34 PM
I don't think Hansen re-injured himself, I believe he is still recovering from the injury he suffered last season.  As for Miller potentially his last year, could see him pursuing a coaching career as a ST coordinator, he always seems to be hanging around the coaches eavesdropping.

Sure but I don't know what Hansen's injury was in 2022 either. He became a free agent going into 2023. Usually a team waits until he's able to play before re-signing him. They may have to pay his medical / re-hab stuff, but this way he may get game pay checks on IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

I just read a report that Hansen signed a 2 years deal with the Bombers in June of 2022. Like to get him back. Very good on teams, and a very good addition to our D.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 23, 2023, 04:09:16 PM
Sure but I don't know what Hansen's injury was in 2022 either. He became a free agent going into 2023. Usually a team waits until he's able to play before re-signing him. They may have to pay his medical / re-hab stuff, but this way he may get game pay checks on IR.

I thought he ruptured his achilles and had surgery performed last season, I'll see if I can find anything.

Here it is.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/the-long-road-to-rehab-bombers-thiadric-hansen-goes-deep-on-recovery-from-ruptured-achilles#:~:text=Hansen%2C%20a%2030%2Dyear%2D,sports%20%E2%80%94%20a%20ruptured%20Achilles%20tendon.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

bunker

Quote from: Pigskin on July 23, 2023, 04:16:22 PM
I just read a report that Hansen signed a 2 years deal with the Bombers in June of 2022. Like to get him back. Very good on teams, and a very good addition to our D.
Unfortunately, achilles injuries outcomes are not rosy. One quarter of athletes never return at all, and many don't return fully to their previous level of play. I'm hoping they both return at their previous level of play, but I'm a bit pessimistic.

northof30

What's the latest on Grant's injury?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: northof30 on July 23, 2023, 06:20:05 PM
What's the latest on Grant's injury?
We won?t hear nothing until practise revs up again next week.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 23, 2023, 06:37:40 PM
We won?t hear nothing until practise revs up again next week.

Don't tease him, we won't hear nothing from O'Shea on Grant's injury next week either.