Injury Report

Started by theaardvark, July 05, 2023, 09:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 20, 2023, 08:04:00 PM
If not Lemon, maybe Walters can swing a trade with Ham for Kongbo.

I like Kongbo, but I would go for Bennett. Home town boy with lots of talent. 2022, 28DTs, 3 sacks. Probably get him in FA for nothing next season, but we need some depth now.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Pigskin on July 20, 2023, 09:02:52 PM
I like Kongbo, but I would go for Bennett. Home town boy with lots of talent. 2022, 28DTs, 3 sacks. Probably get him in FA for nothing next season, but we need some depth now.

I believe Mason Bennett is in 6-gamer for a while now and teams can't trade injured players.
Plus he is a pending free-agent after this season.

Pigskin

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 20, 2023, 09:12:57 PM
I believe Mason Bennett is in 6-gamer for a while now and teams can't trade injured players.
Plus he is a pending free-agent after this season.

If he is injured, I don't think they will move Kongbo. Kongbo just had a 4 DT game against the Elks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Canadian defensive end Kwaku Boateng has announced his retirement from the CFL after five seasons.

The 28-year-old made the announcement via his Twitter account on Thursday afternoon, thanking a select group of coaches and executives.

?Despite the interest CFL teams have expressed, I?ve chosen to retire from professional football.

https://3downnation.com/2023/07/20/canadian-de-kwaku-boateng-retires-from-cfl-despite-interest-from-teams/

Too bad, he would have been a good pickup for the Bombers, little guy had a great motor.

pjrocksmb

None issue handled internally (injuries)

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on July 20, 2023, 08:17:55 PM
What are you smoking man?

Lawler is arguably the best receiver in the league, and does not get the highest pay.  And missed 6 games on the suspended list at zero salary.  So, at the end of the year, his roster cost is going to be very team friendly.  Not sure what you are not seeing.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on July 21, 2023, 04:33:31 PM
Lawler is arguably the best receiver in the league, and does not get the highest pay.  And missed 6 games on the suspended list at zero salary.  So, at the end of the year, his roster cost is going to be very team friendly.  Not sure what you are not seeing.

You said we pay him less than most teams top receivers.

He?s the second highest paid in the league this year and perhaps highest next year? Can?t remember the difference between him and Lewis in year 2.
My wife is amazing!

bunker

Quote from: theaardvark on July 21, 2023, 04:33:31 PM
We saved 20000 dollars of SMS by him being away for 6 games, about 1000 per game. We would save even more if he was away entire season....would that make him even more "team friendly".

bwiser

I guess we won't hear until the Bombers resume practicing but I am quite sure that Shoen got banged up last night. Hopefully it is not serious.

Jesse

Quote from: bwiser on July 21, 2023, 05:48:39 PM
I guess we won't hear until the Bombers resume practicing but I am quite sure that Shoen got banged up last night. Hopefully it is not serious.

He said he's fine but admitted that the bye week came at a good time.
My wife is amazing!

Stretch

Quote from: Jesse on July 21, 2023, 06:03:00 PM
He said he's fine but admitted that the bye week came at a good time.

Definitely. That guy has been treated like a human pinata the past few games.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

theaardvark

Quote from: bwiser on July 21, 2023, 05:48:39 PM

He has been on and off the injury report all year with hip issues...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

NewBlue

Quote from: theaardvark on July 21, 2023, 06:30:38 PM
He has been on and off the injury report all year with hip issues...

We'll need him vs BC next game, but if the hip (or whatever it is) is still bugging him, I hope he takes the time off that is needed.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: NewBlue on July 21, 2023, 08:02:01 PM
We'll need him vs BC next game, but if the hip (or whatever it is) is still bugging him, I hope he takes the time off that is needed.
Agree we can do it without him short term.  Next man up.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 21, 2023, 11:15:28 PM
Agree we can do it without him short term.  Next man up.

That is the good thing about our wide receiver depth. Assuming we can afford the sms hit we can certainly one game a guy or two here and there not expect much of a drop off collectively from the position.