2023 Manitoba Fishing Regulations

Started by Pigskin, April 02, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

A few chances to the Manitoba fishing regulation for 2023. No fishing for Walleye's after April 3rd, till the season opens in May. You can't keep Walleye's under 35cm or 13.75 inches. We don't keep Walleye's under 14 inches, so I think this is great rule. If your 16-64, and live in Manitoba a regular fishing license will cost you $25.10.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

jayrock

All i really care about is the fact is, as a veteran I do not have to pay to fish. Hecksya!!!!
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Pigskin

Quote from: jayrock on April 04, 2023, 04:07:57 PM
All i really care about is the fact is, as a veteran I do not have to pay to fish. Hecksya!!!!

It's nice for veteran's, but it only applies to the Province you live in.   

jayrock

fine by me, one less thing to pay for and the in-laws cabin is in Manitoba.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Pigskin

Quote from: jayrock on April 04, 2023, 06:33:00 PM
fine by me, one less thing to pay for and the in-laws cabin is in Manitoba.

I think it should be across Canada. My brother is a Vet. and lives in Ontario. When he comes to our Cabin in Ontario it's free fishing. When he comes to our Cabin in Manitoba he has to pay for a license. Lucky for him a license in Manitoba is only $25.00, nearly double that in Ontario.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on April 02, 2023, 07:21:35 PM
A few chances to the Manitoba fishing regulation for 2023. No fishing for Walleye's after April 3rd, till the season opens in May. You can't keep Walleye's under 35cm or 13.75 inches. We don't keep Walleye's under 14 inches, so I think this is great rule. If your 16-64, and live in Manitoba a regular fishing license will cost you $25.10.
Thanks for the update about the small walters

theaardvark

Fishing licenses are stupid.  You can't even drive a fish.. d'uh.

/sarcastica
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on June 08, 2023, 03:21:19 PM

/sarcastica

Wow. Don't quit your day job.

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: theaardvark on June 08, 2023, 03:21:19 PM

/sarcastica

Pigskin

Some very good fishing this weekend. Two master smallmouth bass. Walleye's at 20 feet, on jigs and minnows. Perch off the dock, one after another. Did some drift fishing this morning with a bottom bouncer, lindy rig with nightcrawlers, kids land some big walleye's. A number of them to big to keep.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 07:07:27 PM
Some very good fishing this weekend. Two master smallmouth bass. Walleye's at 20 feet, on jigs and minnows. Perch off the dock, one after another. Did some drift fishing this morning with a bottom bouncer, lindy rig with nightcrawlers, kids land some big walleye's. A number of them to big to keep.
holy smokes, where are you fishing???!!!

Pigskin

NewBlue

Quote from: Pigskin on July 03, 2023, 07:07:27 PM

How do you keep the small perch from getting all the bait when on the dock?
A Pro fisherman next door to me was nailing picks in 5? of water, when the wind was crashing waves onto shore. 
Also LOTW

Pigskin

1/4-3/8 ounce small spinning lures that we make. 1/4 ounce jigs, 2" gulp worms, or chop up a night crawler in 1 inch pieces. My granddaughter like to cheap and us a stinger hook.

Pigskin

Another great weekend of fishing. We have our Bomber border hooked. He just can't get enough fishing in, and he loves walleye. Walleye's are at 20-22' right now. Still biting on jigs and little joe's. The bass and perch on anything with a spinner, and shallow water. Crappy are biting right now small jigs and worm's.