2023 Manitoba Fishing Regulations

Started by Pigskin, April 02, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on May 21, 2024, 09:40:46 PMMy wife went online today to get her Manitoba fishing license and discovered that Manitoba no longer has a conservation license.   

I think Ontario might be the only province that has conservation angling licenses anymore.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Another windy day, but a good day. A lot of drift fishing. Lots of walleye's on bottom bouncers, and lindy jigs. Most of the good size fish in 12-16' of water. Evening fish was all about small mouth bass. Hitting hard on 3/8 oz. spinning lures in shallow water. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Big morning on the water. A lot of 18-20" walleye's on 3/8 oz. jigs and live minnows caught off the end of our dock. Purple and white jigs are winning the day. 

Pigskin

Finally a morning with little to no wind. Anchored at pickerel rock in 20' of water. 3/8 green and white jigs seemed to be the color today. Live of fresh frozen minnows, didn't seem to matter. My granddaughter likes the frozen minnows better. Lots under 14", but they all have go back. Limit of nice keepers all 16" -21".

Pigskin

Another good weekend of fishing. Little windy on Sunday so we were back to bottom bouncers and nightcrawlers in about 12-15' of water.

My buddy brought out his newer 25hp 4 stroke Yamaha. Nice looking motor and ran really well, except when idling. Idling the motor shakes so bad. He said he has taken it into the dealership twice and they say that's how they runs.  Super cheap on gas.

Pigskin

Good day of fishing. Catching good size walleyes in 20-22'of water on jigs and minnows.

Pigskin

Morning's have been excellent for walleye's. Still hanging in 20-22' of water. Small mouth bass are hitting hard in swallow water on small spinners in the afternoon. 

Pigskin

Great day of fishing with the grandkids before they head off to the Olympics. Some really nice sized walleye's in fast moving water on double hook worm harness. Walleyes still hanging out in 18-22' of water.

blue_gold_84

Your updates make me so envious, @Pigskin. Glad to hear you and your family are slaying it!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

drahgon

Quote from: Pigskin on July 23, 2024, 08:41:01 PMGreat day of fishing with the grandkids before the head off to the Olympics. Some really nice sized walleye's in fast moving water on double hook worm harness. Walleyes still hanging out in 18-22' of water.

Burying the headline a bit here... Are they competing or spectating?

Pigskin

Quote from: drahgon on July 23, 2024, 09:07:35 PMBurying the headline a bit here... Are they competing or spectating?

Spectating.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 23, 2024, 08:45:16 PMYour updates make me so envious, @Pigskin. Glad to hear you and your family are slaying it!

From the reports I am getting, most of the anglers on Lake of the Woods are catching a lot of fish right now. 

Pigskin

Well, after a one week break, back on the water this weekend. For some it was very productive, for others not so much. Fish and game was on the water all weekend and there was some very unhappy anglers. Hearing over 200 tickets handed out over the weekend. Lots of them for under size fish and over the limit.

Pigskin

Small mouth Bass and Perch are still biting hard, on spinning lures and crank baits. Walleye's were a little harder to find last week, but they are back this morning. Little windier this morning, so did a lot of drift fishing, with bottom bouncer and 2 hook worm harness with a brass colored spinning blade.

ModAdmin

For those who want to know where, when to and how fish, plus what types of fish are available, then this is the thread for you!  Personally, I have learned a lot!  :o  8)
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden