Dakota Prukop

Started by Norm W, February 15, 2023, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 15, 2023, 05:50:34 PM
Maybe so, but I still would be ok having Dru Brown do all the SY this year if only to just see the field more and get live fire reps.

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 15, 2023, 06:50:25 PM
Brown is the #2 guy until proven otherwise and I don't think they are going to take risks with him on short yardage.

Ya, no way Brown is doing SY.  He's not a big guy, and IIRC wasn't too hot the few times he stayed in to do SY.

Is McGuire doing anything?  If he stayed in shape, give him a call.  He was nearly as good as Prukop and LeFevor.

Otherwise, ya, we probably go new guy on ELC and roll the dice.  Not many guys in the CFL at the mo that would fit our need.  Well, ones that aren't taken yet.  Dom would be good, but he's taken, and the bridge is probably burned.  Caleb is taken, I think?  And probably still wants to be a #2 rather than a SY.  Pipkin will be taken, and he's kind of small anyhow.  Not really any energetic bruisers like Strev and McGuire still left for SY duty.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 16, 2023, 02:14:07 AM
Ya, no way Brown is doing SY.  He's not a big guy, and IIRC wasn't too hot the few times he stayed in to do SY.

Is McGuire doing anything?  If he stayed in shape, give him a call.  He was nearly as good as Prukop and LeFevor.

Otherwise, ya, we probably go new guy on ELC and roll the dice.  Not many guys in the CFL at the mo that would fit our need.  Well, ones that aren't taken yet.  Dom would be good, but he's taken, and the bridge is probably burned.  Caleb is taken, I think?  And probably still wants to be a #2 rather than a SY.  Pipkin will be taken, and he's kind of small anyhow.  Not really any energetic bruisers like Strev and McGuire still left for SY duty.

Pipkin is actually 6'-3" 225 lbs., makes me wonder why they're brining in Dom Davis who is 6'-4" 215 lbs. and 6 years older at 33. 

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 16, 2023, 03:36:42 AM
Pipkin is actually 6'-3" 225 lbs., makes me wonder why they're brining in Dom Davis who is 6'-4" 215 lbs. and 6 years older at 33. 

$$$
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Well they signed Vernon Adams...so.......

blue_or_die

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 15, 2023, 06:50:25 PM
Brown is the #2 guy until proven otherwise and I don't think they are going to take risks with him on short yardage.

I know it's fallen out of favour over the last several years but that's exactly how it always used to work.
#Ride?

Pete

I think its changed because over the past few seasons the amount of qbs getting injured is higher, and every time a team has a developemental qb that showe promise, by the time they have "developed "they lose them ihe next season to free agency Another factor is that there are less quality prospects available with all the new leagues

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 16, 2023, 03:36:42 AM

Hmm, he doesn't look that big on field.  He's never impressed me at all.  I guess his name makes him sound smaller than he actually is.  Pipkin: Pippin (LoTR), or Pip (Great Expectations).

I guess if he can do SY, then you could do worse than him.  I would have rather had Dom back though, TBH.  I really think and want a brand new blood guy from down south.  The next McGuire or Feve.

Or... one day Strev will be canned from the NFL... Why not woo Strev back and promise him the reigns after Zach leaves after '25?  Strev might have developed into a legit QB1 by then.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Agreed.  It's the first thing I check in the forum. Uu know,  Maybe we are signing him?....wishful thinking.  NY Jets love him.
But I am still hoping

blue_gold_84

Streveler isn't coming back to the CFL. As much as I'd love to see him back here, he's got solid footing the NFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

We have an opening for QB3.  Most QB's that have played even a cup of coffee in the NFL, or have started a game in the CFL will be out of our price range, unless they are desperate for a job.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 17, 2023, 03:31:23 PM
Streveler isn't coming back to the CFL. As much as I'd love to see him back here, he's got solid footing the NFL.

In his recent interview with Cameron and Tait, he said If things go sideways for him in the NFL, he'd definitely consider playing in the CFL again and almost did so before catching on with the NY Jets.  Distinct possibility.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 17, 2023, 04:59:49 PM
In his recent interview with Cameron and Tait, he said If things go sideways for him in the NFL, he'd definitely consider playing in the CFL again and almost did so before catching on with the NY Jets.  Distinct possibility.

Much as I love Streveler, unless he doesn't care what he gets paid, I can't see him in Blue and Gold as long as Collaros is our #1 and getting top CFL QB$.  There will be a team willing to pay him a significant amount more than what a QB3 makes, or even a QB2...

But, if he just wants to come "home" and play for the love of it, I'm sure we will find a way to fit him on the roster...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 17, 2023, 04:59:49 PM

I can't see things going sideways for him in the NFL, though. At least not any time soon as he just signed a two-year contract with the NY Jets.

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see him back here. I just wouldn't bet on it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

DM83

I have the impression, he likes the boys up here, and since he is now set for life, why not come back and play some meaningful minutes.  Money wouldn't be his incentive.

That's my "romantic" point of view.  Probably not realistic, but, would you wanna sit around without  the comradery a team offers., or come home and  have a blast going foe another Cup.  Porch sitting, or running over 175 pd DBs????? . :)

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on February 17, 2023, 07:56:04 PM
I have the impression, he likes the boys up here, and since he is now set for life, why not come back and play some meaningful minutes.  Money wouldn't be his incentive.

That's my "romantic" point of view.  Probably not realistic, but, would you wanna sit around without  the comradery a team offers., or come home and  have a blast going foe another Cup.  Porch sitting, or running over 175 pd DBs????? . :)

Set for life?  His NFL pension is like $12k... and he's probably earned almost as much in the CFL as he has in the NFL... so hardly set for life.  If he gets rostered for the next couple years on teh Jets, sure... but no where near set yet.