Dakota Prukop

Started by Norm W, February 15, 2023, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2023, 06:18:30 PM
Much as I love Streveler, unless he doesn't care what he gets paid, I can't see him in Blue and Gold as long as Collaros is our #1 and getting top CFL QB$.  There will be a team willing to pay him a significant amount more than what a QB3 makes, or even a QB2...

But, if he just wants to come "home" and play for the love of it, I'm sure we will find a way to fit him on the roster...

He wants be a starter, so he will go to whichever CFL destination offers him that opportunity.

LXTSN

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2023, 08:52:33 PM
Set for life?  His NFL pension is like $12k... and he's probably earned almost as much in the CFL as he has in the NFL... so hardly set for life.  If he gets rostered for the next couple years on teh Jets, sure... but no where near set yet.
This is just silly. He likely earned less than 300k here even with GC bonus's. We know for sure he's made more than 2 million in 3 years in the NFL.
2 million isn't set for life, but that's a huge start!

LXTSN

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 17, 2023, 08:57:22 PM
He wants be a starter, so he will go to whichever CFL destination offers him that opportunity.
We don't know that either. He seems to be happy in a back up role for the Jets.

Do you think he would be a better starter than a guy like Cody Fajardo or Matt Shiltz? I don't think there is a team that would have more value in him than the bombers.

GOLDMEMBER

Hopefully we can upgrade in this area and get a brilliant yardage guy who can actually be a threat throwing it as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2023, 08:52:33 PM
Set for life?  His NFL pension is like $12k... and he's probably earned almost as much in the CFL as he has in the NFL... so hardly set for life.  If he gets rostered for the next couple years on teh Jets, sure... but no where near set yet.

It's not hard to open source search a player's earnings.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/chris-streveler-47304/cash-earnings/

He's made nearly $1.6M so far in the NFL (approx. three seasons). And he just signed a two-year contract last month worth over $2M. That'd put his NFL career earnings just shy of $4M after the 2024 season.

He'd be nowhere close to that had he stayed in the CFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Horseman

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 17, 2023, 09:46:18 PM

He's made nearly $1.6M so far in the NFL (approx. three seasons). And he just signed a two-year contract last month worth over $2M. That'd put his NFL career earnings just shy of $4M after the 2024 season.

Yes, if his NFL earnings are just shy of 4 million after 2024, he will be set for life if he is smart with his money.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 17, 2023, 09:46:18 PM

No one is arguing that, but Strev. said himself, if he can't play in the NFL he's going to play in the CFL.  He loves playing football and will play as long as he can, regardless of earnings.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 18, 2023, 04:38:07 PM
No one is arguing that, but Strev. said himself, if he can't play in the NFL he's going to play in the CFL.  He loves playing football and will play as long as he can, regardless of earnings.

Well, no. Aardsy was arguing it. LOL

I would fully expect him to return to the CFL if the NFL opportunities dried up. I just don't see that happening any time soon, though. If at all.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

It's weird, Strev is great at coming in and making them lose less badly, but has he ever come in and helped them win??  (Preseason excluded)

I'm still not sure how he's stuck down there and what the Jets think his role is.  WFC used him so much better than Jets do.  He really seems to just be taking up an AR spot down south.  Maybe it's because the fans really like him?
Never go full Rider!

Sec223

Just kicking around the NFL until the pension is secured is worth the hassle.

pjrocksmb

The trouble with making millions is that most spend it as quick as it comes in.

Let's hope Strev invests at least half and then yes he will be very comfortable.

theaardvark

Well, fur jackets, gold chains and cigars for a GC parade doesn't shout "responsible investor"...

Just kidding.  No doubt if he manages to complete his latest contract with the Jets, he could be secure financially to pursue football without regard to salary... and we'd love him as QB2 or QB3 here...  just not sure he will ever have even CFL QB1 capabilites.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Is this thread about Strev or Prukop?  ::)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 20, 2023, 09:56:02 PM
Is this thread about Strev or Prukop?  ::)

To quote DM83: "You wanna go?" :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 21, 2023, 12:08:06 AM
To quote DM83: "You wanna go?" :D
LMAO  oh poor DM83 do not worry man we still love you! ;D