Tampering window week

Started by Blue In BC, February 05, 2023, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Do they report in the media any offers made to players from other teams? Perhaps not the amounts offered publicly but a teams interest in certain players.

I can imagine we may have some interests in a couple of receivers or DL if they reach free agency.

All of this depends on whether we can or choose to re-sign our own potential free agents.

Lots of players being signed today across the CFL. About 150 potential free agents left.

Money is being spent. Those that wait may be in for a rude surprise over the next week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Some leak, others don't.

Haven't seen anything yet come through.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 05, 2023, 08:16:10 PM
Do they report in the media any offers made to players from other teams? Perhaps not the amounts offered publicly but a teams interest in certain players.

I can imagine we may have some interests in a couple of receivers or DL if they reach free agency.

Pegged it... more than you could have known!

So what is the news, if any, of teams "tampering" with our guys??

Does anyone know the status of Hansen?  Is he still locked in?
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 08, 2023, 02:16:45 AM

Hansen is under contract, one that pays him well this year, the reason he came back last year...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 08, 2023, 02:16:45 AM

Hamilton rumoured to be after Sayles,

Sask wants Couture.
My wife is amazing!

Stretch

Quote from: Jesse on February 08, 2023, 11:56:16 AM
Sask wants Couture.

What? No more Dan Clark stories before every Rider snap?
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Pigskin

Don't like losing Sayles. He has been very good for us. What's the Bombers backup plan if we lose him?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 08, 2023, 02:28:01 PM
Don't like losing Sayles. He has been very good for us. What's the Bombers backup plan if we lose him?

I wonder what Walters offered Sayles, or if they made him an offer at all?  Ricky Walker is still on the roster but hasn't looked good enough to be Sayles replacement, maybe Walters has a surprise in store.

Blue In BC

Good question but it's still possible we get him back. Plan B is anybodies guess. I count 22 DL still on the potential free agent list. Whether we've made offers to any IDK. If we lose Sayles in the next week we'll be active looking at another player I suppose.

Hamilton may have set the bar for Sayles but we don't know how much more that is than the Bombers thoughts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

kkc60

If we let Sayles go then either Keion Adams needs to come back or we need an actual #3 DE. Sayles took a good bit of snaps at end when Jeffcoat was out, especially after we dropped Mack and traded Wilcots.

the paw

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 08, 2023, 03:07:48 PM
I wonder what Walters offered Sayles, or if they made him an offer at all?  Ricky Walker is still on the roster but hasn't looked good enough to be Sayles replacement, maybe Walters has a surprise in store.

I think Ricky Walker has looked fine in light rotation.  His numbers are okay.  I think Sayles started off the same way behind Stove.

They may also want to increase Lawsons reps, and we have that Canadian draft pick who is an absolute load.
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Quote from: the paw on February 08, 2023, 04:19:13 PM
I think Ricky Walker has looked fine in light rotation.  His numbers are okay.  I think Sayles started off the same way behind Stove.

They may also want to increase Lawsons reps, and we have that Canadian draft pick who is an absolute load.

6'5" 300lb. Cole Adamson.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

I don't remember Walters ever retaining a DT. When it's time for them to receive a raise, they move on.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 08, 2023, 04:32:29 PM
6'5" 300lb. Cole Adamson.

Remember Tyson Pencer?  6'-7" 300 lbs, never amounted to anything.  Rupert Butcher 6'-5" 320 lbs.? Looked good in one TC, but didn't stick. Hard to predict what these big guys can do until they're thrown into the fire, some big men are just not athletic enough to compete against other big men.

bwiser

Curious if anyone knows the status of Steve Richardson. Is he a free agent? Should the Bombers go after him if they lose Sayles?