Off Season News - Other CFL Teams

Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the paw

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 10, 2023, 04:25:34 AM
And, and there's the rub.  At the current pace they are setting themselves up to be 2019 BC.  All receiver, plus a QB taking sacks behind the turnstiles.

I think Corny can get it done, but not if that OL stays the same.  Brown looks like NFL good, but he'll have weaknesses and/or fizzle out (I'm hoping?).  Lewis and Mitchell are going to light it up (get your fantasy rosters ready!), but not scared of their other guys.

At the very least they will be entertaining!  Is C.Jones going to put together a team with a great O and mediocre D?  Say it isn't so!

I forgot to mention Dunbar, although he may end up pushing out Walker. And Dunbar is a stud.

I think they have 4-5 good interior OL, but they are going with new OTs this year (which they needed to).  I think they are definitely better than last year.
grab grass 'n growl

Ridermania

DL Kwaku Boateng signed by the Tiger Cats.

blue_gold_84

RB Andrew Harris re-signs for one year with the Argos, tells them it's his last season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 10, 2023, 02:30:15 PM
RB Andrew Harris re-signs for one year with the Argos, tells them it's his last season.

He'll have to time all his injuries so he's just coming back for September 29.

Pigskin

Quote from: Ridermania on February 10, 2023, 01:21:45 PM

Hamilton has a boat load of DL. I am wondering if they would be interested in moving Mason Bennett.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Ridermania on February 10, 2023, 01:21:45 PM

From a roster management perspective I would prefer Walters went after a position of need like Boateng, instead of adding extra cream cheese on top like Lawler.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 10, 2023, 04:11:07 PM
From a roster management perspective I would prefer Walters went after a position of need like Boateng, instead of adding extra cream cheese on top like Lawler.
Yes....however the cream cheese often makes the dessert.....our offence will be deadly difficult to defend!  Typically, I tend to agree with you however this team is coming off a stinging GC loss and wants to be back in Hamilton (again) for another kick at the can.   It's a difficult task as both Hamilton and Toronto will be wanting a Grey Cup and there is no other team more desperate than Hamilton.   Toronto just signed AH and I'm sure he didn't come cheap either yet he knows HOW to win.    We won the 21 Cup by a finger tip and we lost one by a finger tip after posting our best season at 15-3.    I think Walters understands just how difficult it will be to win a 3rd Cup and we first have to get there....and to accomplish this will require an offence that can score when they have to.    Personally, I prefer outscoring our opponents versus stymying them defensively.....and if we become more capable offensively, I'm down with that approach.....
Bomber fan for life

DM83

Boys its the same old thing.

We need guys who can pressure the QB.
We need some DBs  who can knock balls down if they cant catch them
We need those little guys to tackle.

Offensively, who was that terrible left guard?  what a fricken turnstile.  Then Hardwick missed a lot of blocks last year.  Has his time past?
Other than that we are petty much set.

oh wait we don't have a placekicker. How many points did he leave on the field last yr.?

BlueGold8597

Dude we were 15-3 and then our QB got injured badly and still played but wasn't his normal self. Come on.

Quote from: DM83 on February 10, 2023, 04:53:09 PM

Offensively, who was that terrible left guard?  what a fricken turnstile.  Then Hardwick missed a lot of blocks last year.  Has his time past?

oh wait we don't have a placekicker. How many points did he leave on the field last yr.?

3rdand1.5

I believe we will have one of the best O-lines in the league. In saying that I like the potential look of BC's o-line, they have some "nastyness" I really like Chungh and Couture beside one another, sure they are no longer Bombers, but they bring it and with attitude. I just don't think they have a very good QB room.

I am not liking the mass exodus that appears to be happening in Mtrl. I want all teams to be competitive, but wow are they losing talent out the door.

Edm. is still signing everyone, they will continue to bring in and release, seems to be Jones MO. Cal as usual is mostly calm so far.

Sask. is swinging, but that o-line, Harris while he has a quick release isn't nearly as mobile as Fajardo, although some blame last year has to fall on the receivers, and Sask. seems to be changing that department up wholesale style.

Ham. seems to believe that game is won along the D-line, they look to be a good team, can BO regain the mojo and look good outside of the Cal. QB factory.

T.O won it last year and is still looking like they could be a top dog in East. People here poke fun at AH for injuries etc. but I would safely say his intangibles was a huge part of them winning the cup last year.

Ott. was better than they showed, Marino derailed them, if Masoli stays healthy I would think they will be better than last year, one should assume at least better than Mtrl. based on the look of the rosters

Overall I can't wait to see some rosters as seasons start

theaardvark

I think the MTL crapshow started with the hiring of Maas... and the upset in the ownership... pretty sure Maas will be the first firing of the season, allowing Macchocia to get on the sidelines again...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 10, 2023, 04:11:07 PM
Disagree
Quote from: DM83 on February 10, 2023, 04:53:09 PM

Overstated on the negative imo
Kicker is good, will be great
Our DL was decent last year, will be again
Dbs hard to say how we will make out, too early to know or worry
Criticism of the OL is heavily overstated
Quote from: BlueGold8597 on February 10, 2023, 05:01:41 PM
Dude we were 15-3 and then our QB got injured badly and still played but wasn't his normal self. Come on.

Agree
Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on February 10, 2023, 05:59:17 PM
I believe we will have one of the best O-lines in the league. In saying that I like the potential look of BC's o-line, they have some "nastyness" I really like Chungh and Couture beside one another, sure they are no longer Bombers, but they bring it and with attitude. I just don't think they have a very good QB room.

I am not liking the mass exodus that appears to be happening in Mtrl. I want all teams to be competitive, but wow are they losing talent out the door.

Edm. is still signing everyone, they will continue to bring in and release, seems to be Jones MO. Cal as usual is mostly calm so far.

Sask. is swinging, but that o-line, Harris while he has a quick release isn't nearly as mobile as Fajardo, although some blame last year has to fall on the receivers, and Sask. seems to be changing that department up wholesale style.

Ham. seems to believe that game is won along the D-line, they look to be a good team, can BO regain the mojo and look good outside of the Cal. QB factory.

T.O won it last year and is still looking like they could be a top dog in East. People here poke fun at AH for injuries etc. but I would safely say his intangibles was a huge part of them winning the cup last year.

Ott. was better than they showed, Marino derailed them, if Masoli stays healthy I would think they will be better than last year, one should assume at least better than Mtrl. based on the look of the rosters

Overall I can't wait to see some rosters as seasons start
Agree our OL is boss