Off Season News - Other CFL Teams

Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 10, 2023, 07:31:02 PM
I think the MTL crapshow started with the hiring of Maas... and the upset in the ownership... pretty sure Maas will be the first firing of the season, allowing Macchocia to get on the sidelines again...

Pay attention, Macchocia has stated over and over he doesn't want to be a coach.  He just confirmed it once again by hiring Maas.

Blue In BC

Ti-Cats release DB Cariel Brooks. SMS casualty?

Chris Jones probably has him signed by midnight. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 10, 2023, 10:43:34 PM
Ti-Cats release DB Cariel Brooks. SMS casualty?

Chris Jones probably has him signed by midnight. :)

I don't know. Chris Jones usually likes his half backs to also be defensive ends and wide receivers.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 10, 2023, 11:04:13 PM
I don't know. Chris Jones usually likes his half backs to also be defensive ends and wide receivers.

He can add 20 lbs weight to his shoulder pads when he slots in at DE and he can wear 6" lifts when he plays as a WR.

Seriously he's a good player and I have to imagine this was an SMS adjustment. Could be the need to trim after adding all those free agent players on defence. IE: Sayles for one.

Not really sure where he ends up But Regina did come to mind.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on February 10, 2023, 10:54:47 PM
Carriel Brooks is a stud

Just looked at his stats... looks like a bad year last year, which is not great for a 32 year old (at TC start) DB...  only 12 games played, and 35 tackles, zero INT...

Might be HAM deciding his best before date has passed...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on February 11, 2023, 12:07:49 AM
Just looked at his stats... looks like a bad year last year, which is not great for a 32 year old (at TC start) DB...  only 12 games played, and 35 tackles, zero INT...

Might be HAM deciding his best before date has passed...

Nichols played 17 games for the Bombers and only had 46 DT's. Number of tackles is only part of the equation. You want a DB that teams don't like to through towards.  Also whether the tackles were against his coverage or in support.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 11, 2023, 02:21:51 PM
Nichols played 17 games for the Bombers and only had 46 DT's. Number of tackles is only part of the equation. You want a DB that teams don't like to through towards.  Also whether the tackles were against his coverage or in support.

Brooks # of tackles per game is basically constant over the past year.  I suppose the drop in INTs might be an indicator.  He was injured for the first half of the season, so its not lime he was a healthy scratch.

I think it is likely a roster bonus due combined with the realization that they were able to get by without him.
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

RedBlacks release Avery Williams early. He'd make a good DI choice for the right price.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 11, 2023, 06:12:17 PM
RedBlacks release Avery Williams early. He'd make a good DI choice for the right price.

He will be looking for a big pay day. Las 2 years he has made a lot of tackles. Very solid LB.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 11, 2023, 08:23:53 PM
He will be looking for a big pay day. Las 2 years he has made a lot of tackles. Very solid LB.

Not sure where he'll find that though. He's had a week to discuss being signed elsewhere already and hasn't found a new home. Lots of LB's available on the potential free agent list at this point. Can't think of another team looking for a starting LB at the moment.

He can still play very well so not sure what will happen.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blueandgoldguy

O'day proving his terrible GM skills from last year are no fluke lol.  Saskatchewan's o-line will continue to be crap next year so adding a better Qb in Harris won't make much of a difference as he will be running for his life or flat on his butt.  You love to see it in Saskatchewan! ;D

Jesse

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on February 11, 2023, 10:01:21 PM
O'day proving his terrible GM skills from last year are no fluke lol.  Saskatchewan's o-line will continue to be crap next year so adding a better Qb in Harris won't make much of a difference as he will be running for his life or flat on his butt.  You love to see it in Saskatchewan! ;D

He?s gonna be a lot better than CoFaj.

Depending on how much buy in the coaches get, they could be improved from last year.
My wife is amazing!