Off Season News - Other CFL Teams

Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 10, 2023, 12:12:20 AM
On potential free agent list.

As is Pipkin, I think they might re-sign O'Connor.

Sir Blue and Gold

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 10, 2023, 12:23:36 AM
As is Pipkin, I think they might re-sign O'Connor.

Could be. Dom Davis will be the new short yardage which was the role Pipkin had. O'Conner may have more upside as a QB as a passer but that's just a guess.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

4everalonghair

Farhan reporting that Eugene Lewis is going to the Elks.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Ridermania on February 09, 2023, 05:11:23 PM
Cody Fajardo signs with Montreal, more to follow in regards to contract dollars.

So SSK/MTL will trade QBs?  What a silly off-season.  Shuffling losers around  :D :D :D  Both teams will still lose.

Quote from: pjrocksmb on February 09, 2023, 06:57:52 PM
https://3downnation.com/2023/02/09/original-ottawa-redblack-antoine-pruneau-announces-retirement-after-eight-cfl-seasons/

I'm a bit surprised, and this is a loss to OTT, Pruneau was solid in that spot and often as good as an IMP.  Good luck to Pruneau; one of the good guys.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the.inkster on February 09, 2023, 10:48:26 PM
Couture to the Lions

Didn't really see that coming.  They must have lots of extra $$ space.  BC OL starting to get respectable?  Maybe don't write them off just yet; I don't see SSK making (m)any similar, required OL moves.  There's a massive competition among BC/EDM/SSK to not be the worst in the W.  Wake Up O'Day!

Quote from: 4everalonghair on February 10, 2023, 02:19:18 AM

So big-$$ Kenny being hurt most of the time threw them off the Kenny idea, but didn't throw them off the over-priced WR idea.  Lewis will be Lewis but the lack of supporting cast is going to limit him.  Bit of a shame, really.
Never go full Rider!

the paw

Quote from: 4everalonghair on February 10, 2023, 02:19:18 AM

They are starting to scare me a little.  They added Brown as RB during the last 7 games and he put up 486 yds with a ypc over 6.5.

Now with Lewis joining Derel Walker, Kyran Moore and Dillon Mitchell, that's an arsenal.  Cornelius is getting his turnovers under control and has a cannon for an arm.  If that OL holds water, they are going to be way more effective than last year.
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the paw on February 10, 2023, 04:18:19 AM
They are starting to scare me a little.  They added Brown as RB during the last 7 games and he put up 486 yds with a ypc over 6.5.

Now with Lewis joining Derel Walker, Kyran Moore and Dillon Mitchell, that's an arsenal.  Cornelius is getting his turnovers under control and has a cannon for an arm.  If that OL holds water, they are going to be way more effective than last year.

And, and there's the rub.  At the current pace they are setting themselves up to be 2019 BC.  All receiver, plus a QB taking sacks behind the turnstiles.

I think Corny can get it done, but not if that OL stays the same.  Brown looks like NFL good, but he'll have weaknesses and/or fizzle out (I'm hoping?).  Lewis and Mitchell are going to light it up (get your fantasy rosters ready!), but not scared of their other guys.

At the very least they will be entertaining!  Is C.Jones going to put together a team with a great O and mediocre D?  Say it isn't so!
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Hamilton could be very good with Wynn and Sayles at DT, if Wynn can stay healthy. Laurent is 35 and an FA. He has also had two very sub-par years. Looks like Hamilton could be moving on and getting younger.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Good pickup for BC. Couture will help there OL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.