Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg November 13, 2022 Western Final

Started by ModAdmin, November 11, 2022, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Rick Campbell says Nathan Rourke will not be 100 percent tomorrow but he?s continued to improve.

He says the team has been transparent about the injury and he?s right. B.C. is the most transparent team in the league when it comes to injuries.

Jordan Williams says the defence?s No. 1 priority is to stop the run tomorrow and make Winnipeg one dimensional.

He said his team is feeling confident ahead of tomorrow. He also said he?s personally felt confident since he came out of the womb.

Nathan Rourke acknowledged that his foot isn?t 100 percent but isn?t going to divulge what percentage he feels best describes the injury at this point.

Like all the players that spoke to the media, he doesn?t seem worried about the cold.

Dominique Rhymes says the weather will not be a factor tomorrow.

He says the cold does nothing to him because he considered himself ?half-Canadian? because he?s played in the CFL for so long.

From twitter

Pigskin

Yes, most of these players have some experience with cold weather.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

They talk about experience but when was the last time the Lions played in November?

The Zipp

Pete

Actually the last time they played a playoff games was 2018..they lost 48-8 ti the cats

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on November 12, 2022, 09:02:58 PM
Last season

You are right. Early In November in Hamilton. it was 11C that day. There other 2 games in November last year were at BC place.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pete on November 12, 2022, 09:09:00 PM
Actually the last time they played a playoff games was 2018..they lost 48-8 ti the cats

They did play in November last season...all teams did. 

Pigskin

Much better team than the 2018 team.

Pigskin

Just played one last week.

Pete

Quote from: Pigskin on November 12, 2022, 09:29:48 PM
Just played one last week.
in a dome. I should have been more specific .the last meaningful (playoff) game in November cold weather for bc was 2018

blueandgoldguy

The last time the Lions played the Bombers in a playoff game in Winnipeg the Bombers destroyed them 30-3.  The Lions only victory that day was beating up a Bomber fan who came on the field and went after a Lions' player.

dd

Ya I don?t get the relevance of what happened in the past...like Daryl shutter says- who cares. It?s a one game sudden death winner take all, let er rip!!!

Donny C

I?ve teased all week about talking with a BC Lions  insider, find out who in this article.

Who Will Win The Western Final? Bombers vs Lions!

https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/who-will-win-the-western-final-bombers-vs-lions/

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 12, 2022, 04:45:29 PM
BOLO has performed well and he's got a size advantage over McCrae. Speed is nice but size may be more important. I'd expect him to get some reps even if Bailey starts. If Bailey is a GTD, then who gets added back on? If it was up to me I'd lean towards bringing Walker back on.

I don't think they are allowed to just switch a "GTD" guy with someone not on the AR at the last minute??  Wouldn't they have to just count the GTD guy as a scratch?

That's why I'm thinking Bailey plays.  This might all be a ruse.  MOS was playing coy with the practice injury reports: listing everyone's stubbed toe and scratched thumb and saying "questionable".  Hahaha.  No way we slot in Bailey when we're pretty sure he can't play at the expense of dressing McCrae.  Bailey's whole out-of-nowhere injury is a bit weird in any event.  Dude's a tank who doesn't miss games.

Funny you prefer BOO, I'd pick McCrae instead.  If you lose the IMP of Bailey, you want to put another IMP there.  BOO is already rostered.  We really have no depth on the AR besides BOO (again hinting Bailey must play).  McCrae is more versatile, like a Demski, though BOO has the passport.
Never go full Rider!