Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg November 13, 2022 Western Final

Started by ModAdmin, November 11, 2022, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on November 13, 2022, 03:40:25 PM
Conversely how bad will it look if a 75% Rourke torches the Bombers...

Have we actually played Burnam this season?

Who said he was only 75%? Even if his foot is not 100%, his arm is.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

I can't deny that Rourke playing makes me nervous. He's a supreme new talent. All that said, he's not 100% healthy and he has played very little over that the 2nd half of the season due to his injury.  It's a little like coming out of TC where it can take an offence awhile to get timing down and even game conditioning etc. I expect mistakes from the Lions offence and the Bombers to capitalize.

The Lions are very capable of beating the Bombers but I think our experience will prevail. The team is very consistent and have the ability to overcome any mistakes.

OTOH getting to the Grey Cup is never easy. Getting there 3 years in a row is a statistical tough spot.

IMO we're the better team but I'll be holding my breath today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Sounds like many of the veteran Bomber players have agreed to deals with the Bombers for next season. Deals have not been finalized or announced yet. Also doesn't sound like MOS is going anywhere. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BBRT

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 13, 2022, 04:47:56 PM
I can't deny that Rourke playing makes me nervous. He's a supreme new talent. All that said, he's not 100% healthy and he has played very little over that the 2nd half of the season due to his injury.  It's a little like coming out of TC where it can take an offence awhile to get timing down and even game conditioning etc. I expect mistakes from the Lions offence and the Bombers to capitalize.

The Lions are very capable of beating the Bombers but I think our experience will prevail. The team is very consistent and have the ability to overcome any mistakes.

OTOH getting to the Grey Cup is never easy. Getting there 3 years in a row is a statistical tough spot.

That is how I see it also - but as you say - Any Given Sunday!! Getting there 3 years running is a statistical tough spot indeed.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on November 13, 2022, 04:56:16 PM
Sounds like many of the veteran Bomber players have agreed to deals with the Bombers for next season. Deals have not been finalized or announced yet. Also doesn't sound like MOS is going anywhere. 

Good news all around. It's so nice to see Winnipeg as a place where players want to be now.

Gameday is here! Let's Go Bombers!!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

ModAdmin

Charleston Hughes predictions.  Go Blue!

Sam Hurl liked
Charleston Hughes
@Sackatchewan2
3h
BC MTL
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on November 13, 2022, 05:08:47 PM
Charleston Hughes predictions.  Go Blue!

Sam Hurl liked
Charleston Hughes
@Sackatchewan2
3h
BC MTL

Big salty!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bomb squad

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 13, 2022, 04:47:56 PM

I'm in your camp.

The Zipp

Rasheed Bailey, who was a game time decision with a knee injury, will be in the lineup today for the @Wpg_BlueBombers

Jockitch

Obviously need really good rushing yards to help balance our attack cuz killing the clock with possession will be vital

Need huge game from Bighill and Alexander and Liegghio has to be perfect
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

To me, the game will come and go with our run game. We'll come out and try and establish it, draw the linebackers up for run support, then pick them apart passing.

blue_gold_84

Run game, field position, and execution.

Crowd noise should be a major factor, too.

Go Blue!!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

pjrocksmb

Bombers D is #1 and TSN just proved it with those stats
Hall is boss, been saying that for a few years lol
Make some noise

DM83

Dd..same as usual.
I am not sure BC defense is better than out offense.
Not  sure if rourke lasts in cold,  wishful thinking. On my part.
Go blue!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on November 13, 2022, 03:24:06 AM
Rose will get torched at least once...pretty regular occurrence. 

Most worried about Leggio to be honest - especially if he attempts and misses one early...play a clean game and we should win...but the best team doesn't always win..

You have over stated the negative side on Rose all year.  All you comment on is when he gets beat, how about all the times he shuts their top receivers down?

I expect a big game for Rose. Dbs will get roasted on both sides, the qbs and receivers are just that good.

Leggs will be fine.

Game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage.