Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg November 13, 2022 Western Final

Started by ModAdmin, November 11, 2022, 09:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 16, 2022, 10:57:11 PM
Houston gets paid either way. He was becoming a very good shutdown CB. I'd prefer him if he's healthy but we'll see what the team does.

Does he, though?  IR gets the playoff bonus money??  Certainly PR doesn't, right?

Even if you like Lawrence, Houston was better than Parker.  Why not sit Parker then?  The only things I can think of is Houston isn't 100% or it's a case of "don't upset the apple cart".
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 17, 2022, 12:00:23 AM
Does he, though?  IR gets the playoff bonus money??  Certainly PR doesn't, right?

Even if you like Lawrence, Houston was better than Parker.  Why not sit Parker then?  The only things I can think of is Houston isn't 100% or it's a case of "don't upset the apple cart".
Oh Tecno you are. Funny one sometimes. Do not fall off said Apple cart. 8)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

QuoteEven if you like Lawrence, Houston was better than Parker.  Why not sit Parker then?  The only things I can think of is Houston isn't 100% or it's a case of "don't upset the apple cart".

As far as I know they get " full " benefits but PR players don't.

I think Parker has played better each week and solidified the inside DHB position so I don't see that changing for the Grey Cup. Houston played CB starting on game 3 IIRC so changing him to a DHB is not as astute as putting him as CB.

Lawrence was a sandwich. Played a game, missed a game and then played a game. I think he missed the last game just to play some back ups. He may had been nicked but nothing was said in that regard. Ford replaced him at CB in game 18.

I like Lawrence but I'm not sure being the " sandwich " qualifies for upsetting the apple cart if they choose to start Houston. It's 1 game in a row. Houston is a 2nd year player. Like I mentioned he was full participant in practice last week so I was surprised he didn't start the WDF. Game conditioning perhaps?

Don't know if they plan to make a change or not or what the criteria might be if they don't.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 17, 2022, 01:17:31 AM

As far as I know they get " full " benefits but PR players don't.

I think Parker has played better each week and solidified the inside DHB position so I don't see that changing for the Grey Cup. Houston played CB starting on game 3 IIRC so changing him to a DHB is not as astute as putting him as CB.

Lawrence was a sandwich. Played a game, missed a game and then played a game. I think he missed the last game just to play some back ups. He may had been nicked but nothing was said in that regard. Ford replaced him at CB in game 18.

I like Lawrence but I'm not sure being the " sandwich " qualifies for upsetting the apple cart if they choose to start Houston. It's 1 game in a row. Houston is a 2nd year player. Like I mentioned he was full participant in practice last week so I was surprised he didn't start the WDF. Game conditioning perhaps?

Don't know if they plan to make a change or not or what the criteria might be if they don't.
[/quote]

Huston was a full practise participant today so you would think he is in a Lawrence is out. You don?t take Parker out.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

the paw

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 17, 2022, 01:34:37 AM
Huston was a full practise participant today so you would think he is in a Lawrence is out. You don?t take Parker out.

I agree with this.  Parker is around the ball, making plays and improving every week.  After this weekend, I would consider him the incumbent for what used to be Nick Taylors spot.

I don't think Nick comes back next year, nor Mercy Maston.  I think Demerio Houston comes back to boundary CB, and it is a 50-50 proposition as to whether Winston Rose can hold off Holm or Lawrence for the field corner spot.
grab grass 'n growl

Pete

Quote from: the paw on November 17, 2022, 03:01:46 AM
I agree with this.  Parker is around the ball, making plays and improving every week.  After this weekend, I would consider him the incumbent for what used to be Nick Taylors spot.

I don't think Nick comes back next year, nor Mercy Maston.  I think Demerio Houston comes back to boundary CB, and it is a 50-50 proposition as to whether Winston Rose can hold off Holm or Lawrence for the field corner spot.
I would think Houston may come in as a back up instead of Holm....the secondary played so well against BC it would be hard to change the starting lineup

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on November 17, 2022, 03:01:46 AM

For 2023 I agree that we probably don't see Taylor or Maston back due to a combination of injury, age, SMS and free agency.

Houston, Lawrence, Nichols and Rose might all be potential free agents so what happens there is a TBD. I'd be happy to get all of them back but free agency / SMS demands is always an issue. Houston could be lost in the same way we lost Jones for 2022. Holm will be under contract if he doesn't get bumped to PR?

For the Grey Cup, I'd like to keep Holm on the roster as a back up but also as a very good ST player. I don't know Lawrence fills that role as well.
2019 Grey Cup Champions