Sell Out ?

Started by Sec223, November 09, 2022, 09:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpg#1

Well, I don?t know how well that works because you always see the cheapest seats in the corners unsold. Where they might have been sold earlier in the week.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Sec223

Quote from: wpg#1 on November 12, 2022, 10:29:47 AM
Well, I don?t know how well that works because you always see the cheapest seats in the corners unsold. Where they might have been sold earlier in the week.

They might be sold but people move to better seats if available or jam the concourse by the Rum Hut.

blueandgoldguy

Quote from: Sec223 on November 11, 2022, 10:26:33 PM
Yup all the upper deck corners have magically appeared as unsold.

It wasn't all of them, but it was a lot in each of the cornermost sections. 

And yes, it was probably because they wanted to sell the more expensive seats.

The game will be -6 which is 6 degrees below normal for this time of year.  That's not a small amount.  Considering a significant portion of the fanbase is older, they would rather stay at home to watch the game in a nice, warm setting.  The game won't sellout and will probably be similar to last year's attendance of 31,000 and change.

Funny thing, last year's game will have been slightly warmer despite taking place on December 5.

GOLDMEMBER

How many seats sold now?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Bluehawk

I dont often sell my extras on Stubhub but looking at the costs there to the buy are rediculous!
So I wanted 80 (facevalue) for my seats.   So I entered 100 which pays me out basically the 80.
I then logged out and looked at the listing and its at 120 per seat!!!!
So Stubhub basically double dips the buyer and the seller.   A total upcharge of 50 percent....that's not right.
Never realized Stubhub upcharges the buyer on top of what they pay the seller minus their fee.
Fans need to check out the buy sell link here....or the facebook market place where I got my Grey Cup tickets.
I'd rather let my 2 seats go at half price then give Stubhub all that profit.
Full disclosure, my 2 midfield seats are still available and I would love to not sell them on that site.
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

blueandgoldguy

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on November 12, 2022, 06:43:54 PM
How many seats sold now?

If all the blue dots are correct and they aren't holding any tickets back they are probably around 31,000 right now.

bomb squad

Quote from: Bluehawk on November 12, 2022, 08:41:01 PM
I dont often sell my extras on Stubhub but looking at the costs there to the buy are rediculous!
So I wanted 80 (facevalue) for my seats.   So I entered 100 which pays me out basically the 80.
I then logged out and looked at the listing and its at 120 per seat!!!!
So Stubhub basically double dips the buyer and the seller.   A total upcharge of 50 percent....that's not right.
Never realized Stubhub upcharges the buyer on top of what they pay the seller minus their fee.
Fans need to check out the buy sell link here....or the facebook market place where I got my Grey Cup tickets.
I'd rather let my 2 seats go at half price then give Stubhub all that profit.
Full disclosure, my 2 midfield seats are still available and I would love to not sell them on that site.

I had a long facebook discussion with Stubhub today about just the issue you're referring to. I was trying to sell one ticket and was told it was listing for $45 ($15 under face) and I would get $40. Fine with me, so I went with it.  This was the first time I used them to sell. I thought I should I go on the site and see what other seats were going for, only to discover my ticket was listing for $60 to buyers. I argued with them that I should have been told me there was going to be extra $ added on, so I would know where to set the price in order to be competitive. If I had not checked, I would never have known. The agent was nice, but he/she gave an explanation that didn't make much sense. Now I know of course, but it's something to be aware of if you're selling for the first time. The ticket ended up selling by the way, and I am supposed to get the $40.

TecnoGenius

Well, I'm super bummed out because the kid & I are not going to be able to go to the game.  We both just caught a bad cold from his little sister, and it's bad enough that even though I could (barely) drag myself to the game, it wouldn't be fair to my fellow STH buds that sit around me.

So I'm trying the stubhub thing as well.  If someone here wants C-line nosebleeds (2 seats), PM me and we can split the stubhub fees (I'm selling well below TM pricing for that section).

Not being there feels like such a disappointment after attending every season game + LDC.  I tried hard to beat the cold and get better faster, but it didn't work out.

On the bright side, I should be well enough to comment in-game on the GDT, which I'm guessing will be very dead since only the out-of-towners (and Aards) won't be at IGF.  ;D

And, because I'm missing this one, no way is anything keeping me away from the GC when we win tomorrow.  (Is my wife reading this? LOL)  :o
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on November 13, 2022, 02:32:29 AM
Well, I'm super bummed out because the kid & I are not going to be able to go to the game.  We both just caught a bad cold from his little sister, and it's bad enough that even though I could (barely) drag myself to the game, it wouldn't be fair to my fellow STH buds that sit around me.

So I'm trying the stubhub thing as well.  If someone here wants C-line nosebleeds (2 seats), PM me and we can split the stubhub fees (I'm selling well below TM pricing for that section).

Not being there feels like such a disappointment after attending every season game + LDC.  I tried hard to beat the cold and get better faster, but it didn't work out.

On the bright side, I should be well enough to comment in-game on the GDT, which I'm guessing will be very dead since only the out-of-towners (and Aards) won't be at IGF.  ;D

And, because I'm missing this one, no way is anything keeping me away from the GC when we win tomorrow.  (Is my wife reading this? LOL)  :o

Am I missing something?  Why won't aards be there?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on November 12, 2022, 11:00:54 PM
If all the blue dots are correct and they aren't holding any tickets back they are probably around 31,000 right now.
nice. Thank you for the update.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Big Daddy on November 13, 2022, 03:09:36 AM

Aards said too cold for his old, in some thread or another.  Or I'm having fever dreams from my virus.  :o  Now I'm not so sure!  I was half asleep catching up on the threads.  If I'm mistake, I'm sure Aards will correct me.
Never go full Rider!

bluengold204

Quote from: Big Daddy on November 13, 2022, 03:09:36 AM

Guy is afraid of the cold

barbk

Get well TecnoGenius, I'll cheer extra loud for you and aards.

Bluehawk

Anybody else notice that ticket sales appear to be closed?
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

TheDeuce

Quote from: Bluehawk on November 13, 2022, 04:23:12 PM
Anybody else notice that ticket sales appear to be closed?

Not at Ticketmaster.

m.
I went to the vet with my goldfish.
"I think it's got epilepsy" I says.
The vet takes a look & says, "It seems calm enough to me."

Stupid vet - I hadn't taken it out of the bowl yet.