6 Man OL

Started by TecnoGenius, September 13, 2022, 09:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

I sure hope Hall retires here and we hold on to Buck for a bit.  We are at a special time as a club and all I want is for that party to continue! ;)

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 15, 2022, 05:30:00 PM
I sure hope Hall retires here and we hold on to Buck for a bit.  We are at a special time as a club and all I want is for that party to continue! ;)

Hard to say what any coach might consider in 2023. If we go to the Grey Cup again ( and win ) it might be the tipping point for Hall to retire at the top. He might also decide to coach for another couple of years.  Hard to say.

Pierce might draw some interest and a HC position would obviously pay more. Higher risk / reward.

Some have suggested O'Shea might leave and I doubt that as well. He's entrenched in Winnipeg IMO. Why leave a good thing for a bad thing.

Realistically I think all will be back in 2023. I could be wrong on all counts.

I'm more concerned about possible roster turnover next season. We have some veteran players that might be moving on one way or another. Some because of SMS decisions forcing roster management and others that are very senior football players. We lost 3 players to the NFL this past off season and there are a couple of players that might be in that category as well.

Off season is a *&$)## pain.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Talking of OL, I read Kolankowski's bio on BB site and was amazed to learn:
1. He's been in the CFL many years and is 30: I thought he was a recent DP!  :o
2. He dressed for and got a ring with TOR in '17

I only looked because MOS's Sep 15 presser he mentioned Ko-man had bounced around the league a lot.  I don't pay too much attention to all the NAT OG's on other teams, but I'm a bit surprised I didn't remember his name from past teams.  I guess even though he dressed he didn't see the field too much.

He's been very good since Couture went down.  I still am dressing Couture when he's healthy, but it sure is nice to have this depth.  Add in Dobson and I'm not nearly as worried about OL strength as I was in FA.
Never go full Rider!