Week 14 Pickem Result Options

Started by Go Big Blue, September 13, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Confirming we will scrap Week 14.  No matter what decision is made, some members will have issues with the decision but this seems to be the best decision that can be made under difficult circumstances.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

3rdand1.5

Not that I have any shot of winning anything unless an award goes to someone who summitted picks every week and still ended up being beaten by some people who missed weeks...but I digress my first perfect week doesn't count...lol

TBURGESS

Lots of folks didn't get a chance, so it sounds good to me that week 14 is cancelled.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Pigskin

That's what I like about the Mods. here, they make quick fair decisions.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 13, 2022, 04:58:52 PM
I was told by the Mod. that there scrapping week #14.

It's the only fair way.  While looking at cfl pickems would be nice, it's not feasible to track down every user and not all re-use their handles on both sites.  Thanks to all who cleared this up.

Oh ya, there's an option #4: keep this site up  :D :D :D

Quote from: bomb squad on September 13, 2022, 05:26:15 PM
What I would like to see going forward though is having one deadline only for all of the weeks picks.

I guess you could do that, but probably best to change that rule in the off-season so it's clear from the start.  I'm one who likes to see the depth charts as seeing who the starting QB is for teams toying with many QBs or iffy injuries is critical to picking winners.  It's ok when the games are all packed in 2 days, as we can see all charts before picking, but most weeks the games are spread across 3 days, the worst being 1 Thu and 3 Sat/Sun.

Could make the question a poll in the off-season.  I'm not sure it would pass, though.  Maybe more important than our feelings is what does barbk/mods like.  In comparison, the cfl pickems site does let you enter in picks right up until kickoff of each game (same with fantasy).
Never go full Rider!

barbk

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 07:54:50 PM
It's the only fair way.  While looking at cfl pickems would be nice, it's not feasible to track down every user and not all re-use their handles on both sites.  Thanks to all who cleared this up.

I guess you could do that, but probably best to change that rule in the off-season so it's clear from the start.  I'm one who likes to see the depth charts as seeing who the starting QB is for teams toying with many QBs or iffy injuries is critical to picking winners.  It's ok when the games are all packed in 2 days, as we can see all charts before picking, but most weeks the games are spread across 3 days, the worst being 1 Thu and 3 Sat/Sun.

Could make the question a poll in the off-season.  I'm not sure it would pass, though.  Maybe more important than our feelings is what does barbk/mods like.  In comparison, the cfl pickems site does let you enter in picks right up until kickoff of each game (same with fantasy).

I don't mind if people make last minute changes to their picks as long as its a new reply and they don't modify the original post lol....   that is why now I have game #1 etc. is closed for pickems or modifications so I can see the time they put the change in before kick off.  When I'm at the bomber games this is easier to see if someone does make a change or is late in putting their pick in.  Gotta thank everyone for being so kind when I do typing mistakes and do another post to let me know they changed their pick.  I also appreciate the mod admins for help and decisions when I need to type in the results for the week.

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 07:54:50 PM

Fair enough. A pole next year would be a good idea. Hey, I'm actually Ok with it myself because I do tend to follow the games and the news closely for the most part anyway. I'm just thinking of the culture of the pool itself. It does force people to have to pay attention to the games and the news the whole weekend. Do we want to be along the lines of fantasy where you have to watch information like a hawk? In the summer months, especially with the Lake and camping, I would think a fair number would prefer to just make their picks and move on with the weekend. But I could be totally wrong.

DM83

Put in a deadline. Either like the CFL does.
We have to pick three hours before a game.
Or I thought it was all picks have to be in before the first slate of games begins.

55StickCar

That was the right decision to make regarding Week #14.
Thank you BarbK for all the work you do regarding pickums.
For awhile there i thought I had been banned for picking so poorly this year!

ichabod_crane

Current method for the Pickems is fine with me. Was just unfortunate the forum went down later last week. Cancelling the entire week makes most sense to me.

gordo

Quote from: barbk on September 13, 2022, 08:03:07 PM
I don't mind if people make last minute changes to their picks as long as its a new reply and they don't modify the original post lol....   that is why now I have game #1 etc. is closed for pickems or modifications so I can see the time they put the change in before kick off.  When I'm at the bomber games this is easier to see if someone does make a change or is late in putting their pick in.  Gotta thank everyone for being so kind when I do typing mistakes and do another post to let me know they changed their pick.  I also appreciate the mod admins for help and decisions when I need to type in the results for the week.
Thank you barbk and mods for handling this so well. 

And I think you go above and beyond by allowing and managing all of the last minute picks and changes.  No objections, just acknowledging a job well done.

GOLDMEMBER

Whatever I do not really care whatever way.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!