Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 27, 2022, 05:06:42 PM
So a Canadian needs to be activated. If any of our 6-gamers are not ready yet, then it would be either DB Rene or WR McMillan (Rifles guy). I'm guessing it would be the latter.

I'm thinking Briggs will be ready this week.

Who or how they replace Agudosi is not entirely clear yet but it depends on the status of Ellingson. O'Shea was a little vague about that.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 27, 2022, 05:23:02 PM
I'm thinking Briggs will be ready this week.

Who or how they replace Agudosi is not entirely clear yet but it depends on the status of Ellingson. O'Shea was a little vague about that.

A solid vet coming back is always positive.

gobombersgo

Game 8:

John Hodge   @JohnDHodge
Nic Demski will be back in Winnipeg's lineup tomorrow, according to the team's depth chart.

He has missed the past four games due to an ankle injury.

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Big news for the @Wpg_BlueBombers offence as @Demski9 returns. The defence will be without safety Malcolm Thompson - Nick Hallett will start for him. Jesse Briggs also returns. Another week without Greg Ellingson and Jackson Jeffcoat

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Demski, Prukop and Briggs return to the #Bombers lineup.
Jeffcoat and Ellingson remain out. Agudosi is now on the 6-Game Injured List.
Starting safety Malcolm Thompson is out with a calf injury, leaving Nick Hallett to start in centre field.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Our starting lineup for Saturday's game versus the @calstampeders.
https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1553025050923528192

Bomber's depth chart:
https://twitter.com/TaylorAllen31/status/1553026727147737089

Darrin Bauming  @DarrinBauming
The Stampeders have dodged what a pneumonia and COVID scare in their clubhouse, and outside of Charlie Moore (illness), they're healthy. Breakout receiver Malik Henry listed as a game time decision, while DB Jonathan Moxey and WR Jalen Philpot return to the lineup.
https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1553047294253010944

Players In:
#10 Demski
#12 Prukop
#34 Briggs
#41 Cole

Players Out:
#15 Mancuso
#26 Lavigne
#36 Thompson
#86 Agudosi

Transactions:
2022-07-29   WPG   THOMPSON, Malcolm   DB   N   Wilfrid Laurier   Transfer To   Injured
2022-07-29   WPG   AGUDOSI, Carlton   WR   A   Rutgers   Transfer To   Injured
2022-07-29   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-29   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-29   WPG   ELLINGSON, Greg   WR   A   Florida International   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-29   WPG   PRUKOP, Dakota   QB   A   Oregon   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-07-29   WPG   DEMSKI, Nic   WR   N   Manitoba   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-07-29   WPG   BRIGGS, Jesse   LB   N   McGill   Add From Injured   Active Roster
2022-07-29   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-29   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-29   WPG   MANCUSO, Joe   QB   A   Richmond   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-29   WPG   MANCUSO, Joe   QB   A   Richmond   Delete From Active   Free Agent

Throw Long Bannatyne

Does that mean they released MANCUSO?  Not really surprising but it would have been nice to give him a few short-yardage snaps in appreciation of his service, maybe even a TD plunge.

pjrocksmb

We will miss Thompson but Briggs will help but might be rusty.  Excited to see Demski.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 29, 2022, 11:22:29 PM
Does that mean they released MANCUSO?  Not really surprising but it would have been nice to give him a few short-yardage snaps in appreciation of his service, maybe even a TD plunge.

He's moved to the PR, not released

pdirks67

Am I missing something? Why are we dressing Greg McCrae if he's not getting any touches? Mind you, I'm not sure who else we'd dress in his place - maybe another DB, I suppose.

Blue In BC

Quote from: pdirks67 on July 31, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
Am I missing something? Why are we dressing Greg McCrae if he's not getting any touches? Mind you, I'm not sure who else we'd dress in his place - maybe another DB, I suppose.

He's insurance for the return game with Grant getting some duty on offence. But I still wonder why not give him a few reps at RB with Augustine nicked and standing on the sidelines?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Anyone notice if Briggs got any reps?

pdirks67

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 31, 2022, 07:37:45 PM
He's insurance for the return game with Grant getting some duty on offence. But I still wonder why not give him a few reps at RB with Augustine nicked and standing on the sidelines?

I think that Tyrell Ford can return kicks?

Like I said, there aren't really any imports on our practice roster that are good candidates for promotion anyway. But McCrae seems like a waste right now.

theaardvark

Not sure if we ever figured out the answer to:

Who is our emergency kicker?

I know it was Langford, and that Odell Willis always wants to kick, but who on our present roster would kick if Legs can't?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

M.O.A.B.

Our emergency kicker is Ellingson. Not sure who is now, since Ellingson is out.

M.O.A.B.

gobombersgo

Darrin Bauming  @DarrinBauming
Guys must be getting healthy.
The #Bombers have released QB Joe Mancuso from the practice roster, as well as OL Ryan Nelson.
Making room.
Winnipeg's only daily injury report this week is set to be released shortly.

Blue Bombers Transactions

WINNIPEG, MB., August 2, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Released from the practice roster:

American offensive lineman Ryan Nelson
American quarterback Joe Mancuso

M.O.A.B.

I thought so too. Making room for maybe 2-3 guys coming out of the Active roster. So I think anyone of Ellingson, Jeffcoat and Thompson are coming back to the active this Thursday.