Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: LXTSN on July 14, 2022, 03:34:25 PM
Also, when Couture is back, will he replace Gray? I feel like Kolankowski has been a nice fit on the O-Line for us

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 14, 2022, 04:07:46 PM
I would expect Couture back at C when he's healthy. Gray has been improving but we'll see how that goes this week.

2 problems:
1. Has Couture ever done other than C for us?  Don't think so?
2. Gray has improved and he seems to be trying to make his mark on the team.  I think he may have had an attitude change recently.

But you make a good point: Ko-man has been been solid at C.  HOWEVER, DTs are still taking advantage of our left A-gap and that gap is half Ko-man's responsibility.  The Gray A-gap troubles might not be all on Gray...
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 15, 2022, 12:43:04 AM
2 problems:
1. Has Couture ever done other than C for us?  Don't think so?
2. Gray has improved and he seems to be trying to make his mark on the team.  I think he may have had an attitude change recently.

But you make a good point: Ko-man has been been solid at C.  HOWEVER, DTs are still taking advantage of our left A-gap and that gap is half Ko-man's responsibility.  The Gray A-gap troubles might not be all on Gray...

To be honest, I have a hard time paying attention to the OL on consecutive plays lol but you could be right! I have slowly started to see a drop in holding calls which is the most important thing.

I'll try and go back in the depth charts from 2 years ago, but I think Couture played guard for is as well. Just trying to remember who played center for us at that point...

LXTSN

Agudosi is a very intriguing player. He seems to be a solid deep threat, pretty fast, with big strong hands. Kind of the BC reciever prototype! He also plays hard on special teams. He played for Rutgers at the same time as Jenarian Grant

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on July 15, 2022, 12:18:46 PM
Agudosi is a very intriguing player. He seems to be a solid deep threat, pretty fast, with big strong hands. Kind of the BC reciever prototype! He also plays hard on special teams. He played for Rutgers at the same time as Jenarian Grant

I'm not sure how fast Agudosi is but I can't imagine a 6'6" receiver going down field on ST's. Our St's are playing well and there isn't really a reason to change that up IMO.

If he plays well at receiver, that's really all he needs to do this week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on July 15, 2022, 12:09:42 PM
To be honest, I have a hard time paying attention to the OL on consecutive plays lol but you could be right! I have slowly started to see a drop in holding calls which is the most important thing.

I'll try and go back in the depth charts from 2 years ago, but I think Couture played guard for is as well. Just trying to remember who played center for us at that point...

M. Goossen played center before Couture.

A former second overall pick, Goossen has made 64 starts for the Bombers at centre, including all 18 games last season. The pending free agent topped all offensive linemen in CFL.ca?s top 30 pending free agents, ranking eighth overall.

Retired in January 2019.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 15, 2022, 01:21:32 PM
I'm not sure how fast Agudosi is but I can't imagine a 6'6" receiver going down field on ST's. Our St's are playing well and there isn't really a reason to change that up IMO.

If he plays well at receiver, that's really all he needs to do this week.

He ran 4.60+ during his pro-day. I looked at his highlights, he remind me of Carr when he runs. It's deceivingly fast, because of those long steps.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 15, 2022, 01:41:33 PM
He ran 4.60+ during his pro-day. I looked at his highlights, he remind me of Carr when he runs. It's deceivingly fast, because of those long steps.

Reportedly is that he has soft hands and he'll be a big target for Collaros. However that's only 2" taller than O'Leary-Orange. I never did see when or how he got injured or exactly how we replaced him afterwards. Several players had some catches but that seemed a by committee result?

While that's not a bad thing I don't know whether Agudosi will be targeted more as a direct replacement for Demski. I can imagine he could see a role blocking and as a decoy as well.

Looking forward to seeing him have some success. He may only have a couple of games before we change our ratio in some way.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Game 7:

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Two significant changes for the @Wpg_BlueBombers: out are Jackson Jeffcoat and Greg Ellingson. On are DE LB Mack III and WR Tavaris Harrison

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Greg Ellingson is out of the lineup for #Bombers in Edmonton on Friday. Had 11 catches for 152 yards last week. Tavaris Harrison comes off practice roster to replace him.

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
No Ellingson or Jeffcoat for the Bombers tomorrow! Cedric Wilcots and Janarion Grant draw into the starting lineup.
Tavaris Harrison (diving TD catch in preseason) will play for the first time.

Dave Campbell   @Dave_CHED
#Elks injury update: REC Derel Walker (groin/hip) and REC/QB Kai Locksley (hamstring) has been placed on the 1-game injured list. LB Tre Watson (knee) and DT Nick Coe (hamstring) have been placed on the 6-game injured list. Nyles Morgan and Duron Carter are officially activated.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers  @Wpg_BlueBombers
Tomorrow night's lineup.
https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers/status/1550141050609704960

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton
Bombers depth chart and roster for Friday's game against the Edmonton Elks. DE Jackson Jeffcoat and CFL leading receiver Greg Ellingson will sit this one out after dealing with a hip issue all week. L.B. Mack draws in for Jeffcoat, Tavaris Harrison for Ellingson. #wfp
https://twitter.com/jeffkhamilton/status/1550143124126646273

Farhan Lalji   @FarhanLaljiTSN
Ten new players coming into #Elks lineup. Carter listed as backup safety. Going Canadian at RB, with Maleek Irons making his first start at RB, backed up by Lyles, 2 players that weren't a part of team 3 weeks ago. Butler in for Walker, Holley in for Locksley.
https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/status/1550158507357351937

In:
#52 Mack III
#81 Harrison

Out:
#2 Ellingson
#94 Jeffcoat

Transactions:

2022-07-21   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-21   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-21   WPG   MACK, William   DL   A   Rhode Island   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-21   WPG   MACK, William   DL   A   Rhode Island   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-21   WPG   JEFFCOAT, Jackson   DL   A   Texas   Transfer To   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   ELLINGSON, Greg   WR   A   Florida International   Transfer To   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   RICHMOND, Drew   OL   A   USC   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   MASTON, Mercy   DB   A   Boise State   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   HALLETT, Noah   DB   N   McMaster   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   ALEXANDER, Brandon   DB   A   Central Florida   Extend On   Injured
2022-07-21   WPG   WALKER, Ricky   DL   A   Virginia Tech   Extend On   Injured

gobombersgo

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have brought back American receiver Kelvin McKnight.

The 25-year-old McKnight was released by the team in June after playing eight games for the blue and gold in 2021, recording 15 receptions for 96 yards. He made his CFL debut, and first start, against the Toronto Argonauts on Friday, August 13 last year.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/26/blue-bombers-bring-back-american-receiver-kelvin-mcknight/

Transactions:

2022-07-26   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   LB   N   Carleton   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-26   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   LB   N   Carleton   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-07-26   WPG   MCKNIGHT, Kelvin   WR   A   Samford   Add To   Free Agent

the paw

Steveler signed with the Jets today.  That was probably our last chance to establish a real running game...
grab grass 'n growl

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: the paw on July 27, 2022, 12:49:49 AM
Steveler signed with the Jets today.  That was probably our last chance to establish a real running game...
that was your last chance to post something we could take seriously.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

DM83

96 divided by 16.? Is that it. For an average of?.....

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: gobombersgo on July 26, 2022, 10:55:34 PM
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have brought back American receiver Kelvin McKnight.

The 25-year-old McKnight was released by the team in June after playing eight games for the blue and gold in 2021, recording 15 receptions for 96 yards. He made his CFL debut, and first start, against the Toronto Argonauts on Friday, August 13 last year.

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/26/blue-bombers-bring-back-american-receiver-kelvin-mcknight/

Transactions:

2022-07-26   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   LB   N   Carleton   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-26   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   LB   N   Carleton   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-07-26   WPG   MCKNIGHT, Kelvin   WR   A   Samford   Add To   Free Agent

So a Canadian needs to be activated. If any of our 6-gamers are not ready yet, then it would be either DB Rene or WR McMillan (Rifles guy). I'm guessing it would be the latter.