Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

MOAB,

As I type I am in the lazy boy rocking, not in porch of course, but wide screen hi-def tv?getting there?.Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

Blue Bombers Transactions - July 12, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., July 12, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to practice roster:
American linebacker Brian Cole (Mississippi State)
National receiver Luke McMillan (Winnipeg Rifles)

NEW BLUE BLOOD:
The Blue Bombers added two players to the practice roster on Tuesday - American linebacker Brian Cole, who was most recently with the Edmonton Elks and was a seventh-round draft pick of the Minnesota Vikings in 2020 and Winnipeg Rifles receiver Luke McMillan, who had an outstanding training camp before being released last month.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/07/12/need-to-know-july-12-2002/

Blue Bombers add local receiver Luke McMillan to practice roster, one other

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have added Canadian receiver Luke McMillan and American linebacker Brian Cole to the practice roster.

McMillan made 36 receptions for 414 yards and three touchdown last season as a member of the Winnipeg Rifles of the Canadian Junior Football League.

The 22-year-old was in training camp with the Blue Bombers this season, though he was released following its conclusion. He played three total seasons with the Rifles (2018-19, 2021) and recorded 68 catches for 706 yards and four touchdowns.

Cole was in training camp with the Saskatchewan Roughriders but didn't make the final roster. He spent two weeks on the practice roster with the Edmonton Elks but was let go on Sunday without dressing for a game.

The six-foot-two, 213-pound linebacker was selected in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He also had stints with the Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers.

Cole played in 17 games for Mississippi State in 2018 and 2019, recording 78 total tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, 12 quarterback pressures, two interceptions, four passes defended, one forced fumble, and two fumble recoveries. He also returned 16 kicks for 329 yards.
https://3downnation.com/2022/07/12/blue-bombers-add-local-receiver-luke-mcmillan-to-practice-roster-one-other/

theaardvark

Picking up LB depth that both SSK and EDM have released this year... I guess a PR look is not unwarranted, we have picked up gems that way before... like Yoshi...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on July 13, 2022, 12:42:15 AM
Picking up LB depth that both SSK and EDM have released this year... I guess a PR look is not unwarranted, we have picked up gems that way before... like Yoshi...
Sask does have a very deep LB core

DM83

How do you think the Sask LBs played last game?didnt  they get run on?
I like Dickinson's style.  The. Boys seem pretty pumped.

Sir Blue and Gold

@DarrinBauming
Another Canadian receiver on the #Bombers? 6-Game Injured List as Brendan O'Leary Orange is assigned today.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 13, 2022, 08:46:57 PM
@DarrinBauming
Another Canadian receiver on the #Bombers? 6-Game Injured List as Brendan O'Leary Orange is assigned today.

Jee-zus... Now what?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-07-13   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   MCMILLAN, Luke   WR   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   COLE, Brian   LB   A   Mississippi State   Add To   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   DB   N   Carleton   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-13   WPG   LAVIGNE, Cedrick   DB   N   Carleton   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   PARKER, Jamal   DB   A   Kent State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-07-13   WPG   PARKER, Jamal   DB   A   Kent State   Remove Signed   Free Agent
2022-07-13   WPG   O'LEARY-ORANGE, Brendon   WR   N   Nevada   Transfer To   Injured

Derek Taylor   @DTonOB
Bombers announce Brendan O'Leary-Orange goes on the 6-game injured list - the second Canadian receiver to go on 6-game.

Looks like we'll get a couple of season debuts Friday. From the CFL transaction wire: Bombers add Cedric Lavigne and Jamal Parker to the active roster and move Evan Holm to the practice roster.

Blue In BC

It appears that Holm is replaced by Parker. Lavigne comes in as the Canadian for O'Leary-Orange although at a different position.

What the heck, O'Leary-Orange goes to 6 game IR!!! Unfortunate for him when he just got a chance to start while Demski was out.

I suppose this forces us to use McCrae at SB and revert to only 7 Canadian starters. Well this is his chance to show he's a gamer.

Must be saving some SMS with every injury ending up on 6 game IR.

We've lost players to 6 game IR in each game. How does that happen? Bad luck injury wise but we continue to win.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

That's too many DBs though. I got a feeling (just a gut feeling) Rose will come out of the line-up.
Maybe Ford starts at that corner backed up by Lavigne.
Then either Harrison/Agudosi comes in as an extra receiver. Probably to rotate on the outside.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 13, 2022, 11:19:54 PM
That's too many DBs though. I got a feeling (just a gut feeling) Rose will come out of the line-up.
Maybe Ford starts at that corner backed up by Lavigne.
Then either Harrison/Agudosi comes in as an extra receiver. Probably to rotate on the outside.

We don't have other Canadians on the PR to add. Just the way it is now.

Holm was a DI and so will Parker be a DI.

McCrae goes from a rotational RB / receiver to more of a full time starter almost by default. I don't believe the other 2 receivers on the PR are really SB types and not as versatile.

Looking forward to see what McCrae can do while he's on the roster. Once we get Alexander back he may not stay on the AR since he'd only be able to replace an import. At the moment he can directly start in front of a Canadian.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 13, 2022, 11:35:16 PM
We don't have other Canadians on the PR to add. Just the way it is now.

Holm was a DI and so will Parker be a DI.

McCrae goes from a rotational RB / receiver to more of a full time starter almost by default. I don't believe the other 2 receivers on the PR are really SB types and not as versatile.

Looking forward to see what McCrae can do while he's on the roster. Once we get Alexander back he may not stay on the AR since he'd only be able to replace an import. At the moment he can directly start in front of a Canadian.

I realized that but going to the game with basically 5 starters and only Grant as backup is not ideal.
An injury to a receiver, Grant will be on a dual-duty as full-time WR and and returner.
Another injury and we'll basically need both Oliveira and Augustine in every snap.

Woli can play slot and wideout. So if Woli is slotted inside on play, the extra American rec can play the wideout.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 13, 2022, 11:57:10 PM
I realized that but going to the game with basically 5 starters and only Grant as backup is not ideal.
An injury to a receiver, Grant will be on a dual-duty as full-time WR and and returner.
Another injury and we'll basically need both Oliveira and Augustine in every snap.

Woli can play slot and wideout. So if Woli is slotted inside on play, the extra American rec can play the wideout.

O'Leary-Orange never had a reception before this season. So he was an unknown entity.

I understand you're point about Woli at SB and new import from the PR at WR. The team didn't choose that option in the 1st place when Demski went down. There always was that option with the ratio and we didn't choose it. So I'm not expecting it now.

For that matter we didn't even move Woli inside last two weeks.

As I pointed out McCrae is more versatile on offence. However we could have replaced Holm with a receiver instead of another DB.  I'd expect the DB to see more action on ST's than a 6'6" or 6'3" receiver. Chances are he'd also be used in some defensive sets.

OTOH a new receiver as a DI might never see the field? It wasn't a roster change we made today although it could still happen tomorrow. Not likely to put Parker on the AR today and take him off tomorrow though.

Tough call with ratio, versatility and roster size etc.

We can't afford more long term injuries.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 14, 2022, 01:21:22 AM
O'Leary-Orange never had a reception before this season. So he was an unknown entity.

I understand you're point about Woli at SB and new import from the PR at WR. The team didn't choose that option in the 1st place when Demski went down. There always was that option with the ratio and we didn't choose it. So I'm not expecting it now.

For that matter we didn't even move Woli inside last two weeks.

As I pointed out McCrae is more versatile on offence. However we could have replaced Holm with a receiver instead of another DB.  I'd expect the DB to see more action on ST's than a 6'6" or 6'3" receiver. Chances are he'd also be used in some defensive sets.

OTOH a new receiver as a DI might never see the field? It wasn't a roster change we made today although it could still happen tomorrow. Not likely to put Parker on the AR today and take him off tomorrow though.

Tough call with ratio, versatility and roster size etc.

We can't afford more long term injuries.

Hence, I said, I have a feeling Rose might come off this Friday in favor of Agudosi/Harrison. Rene starts at the corner. How many TDs have Rose given up. I counted 3 already, maybe 4.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on July 14, 2022, 03:08:26 AM
Hence, I said, I have a feeling Rose might come off this Friday in favor of Agudosi/Harrison. Rene starts at the corner. How many TDs have Rose given up. I counted 3 already, maybe 4.

Doubt it