Blue Bombers roster - 2021-2022

Started by gobombersgo, December 14, 2021, 05:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the paw

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 29, 2022, 03:36:50 PM
Blue Bombers transactions - May 29, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 29, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American offensive lineman Cameron Durley and Canadian defensive end Rossini Sandjong.

Durley (6-6, 315, Tennessee State, August 1, 1996 in Houston, TX) comes to Winnipeg after a solid four-year college career with the Tigers. During his standout season in 2019, Durley helped the offensive unit to an average of 400.1 yards per game ranking third in the conference. Led by Durley, the offensive line allowed the least amount of sacks, which allowed the team to finish second in passing yards per game. Before finishing his career at Tennessee State, Durley was named back-to-back First Team All OVC.

Sandjong (6-2, 235, York, born: July 15, 1995, in Longueuil, QC) joins the Blue Bombers after a four-year university career with the York Lions. Sandjong immediately impacted the Lions having been named to the OUA all-rookie team and registering five sacks. The defensive end continued to tear up opposing offensive lines by earning both OUA second-team all-star and OUA first-team all-star honours in 2017 and 2018.  Sandjong was selected in the seventh round, 59th overall by the Edmonton Elks in the 2020 CFL Draft and appeared in five games during the 2021 season. 

The Blue Bombers have also released the following players:

American defensive back Mike Hampton
American defensive lineman Will Evans
American defensive back Marlon Character
American receiver Keyion Dixon
American defensive back Evan Holm
Canadian defensive lineman Alfred Green

Character got busted up against Edmonton, and I think Evan Holm was the guy who put the punt return on the ground.
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 29, 2022, 04:56:22 PM
Character got busted up against Edmonton, and I think Evan Holm was the guy who put the punt return on the ground.

Yes that's the two as described.   There must be more cuts coming. In theory teams were due to reduce roster to 75 players the day after their 1st pre season game. I'm not clear if they takes into account non counters. I think we had 15 non counters which means we could keep 90 of our 98 on the roster.  I count 92 on roster but 3 players due for IR list.

Several of those released were very late adds to TC roster so their learning curve was behind. Catching up is tough and 1 mistake or injury doesn't help.

If the 75 player restriction is a total player count then there must be more not announced?

I see some teams placing players on the 6 game IR so not sure why Alexander, Maston and Hallett haven't been added to IR.  There are about 42 veterans still on the team which would leave about 50 rookies and  a few CFL veterans added during the off season.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Alexander and Hallett were added to the injured veteran list before camp so I'd suspect they would be non-counters.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2022-05-29   WPG   SANDJONG, Rossini   DE   N   York   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-29   WPG   TAYLOR, Darian   LB   A   Pittsburg State   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-29   WPG   HARRISON, Tavaris   WR   A   Florida Atlantic   Add From Suspended   Active Roster
2022-05-29   WPG   DURLEY, Cam   OL   A   Tennessee State   Add From Suspended   Active Roster

2022-05-29   WPG   AGUDOSI, Carlton   WR   A   Rutgers   Transfer To   Suspended
2022-05-29   WPG   HOLM, Evan   DB   A   North Dakota   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   HAMPTON, Mike   DB   A   South Florida   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   GREEN, Alfred   DL   N   Wilfrid Laurier   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   EVANS, Will   DL   A   Ohio   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   DIXON, Keyion   WR   A   Eastern Kentucky   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   CHARACTER, Marlon   DB   A   Louisville   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2022-05-29   WPG   MASTON, Mercy   DB   A   Boise State   Transfer To   Injured
2022-05-29   WPG   BRIGGS, Jesse   LB   N   McGill   Transfer To   Suspended

2022-05-28   WPG   MCMILLAN, Luke   WR   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-28   WPG   MCMILLAN, Luke   WR   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Remove Signed   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-28   WPG   FUNK-CLEMENTS, Joseph   DB   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-28   WPG   FUNK-CLEMENTS, Joseph   DB   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Remove Signed   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-28   WPG   LEANO, Miguel   OL   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-28   WPG   LEANO, Miguel   OL   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Remove Signed   Territorial Exemption
2022-05-28   WPG   CHORNEY, Kyle   DB   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Add To   Active Roster
2022-05-28   WPG   CHORNEY, Kyle   DB   N   Winnipeg Rifles Jr.   Remove Signed   Territorial Exemption

NewBlue

Briggs?  I'm guessing he hasn't shown up?  That is a little disappointing.
I figured Agudosi would have been fighting for a spot too.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: NewBlue on May 30, 2022, 01:45:05 AM
Briggs?  I'm guessing he hasn't shown up?  That is a little disappointing.
I figured Agudosi would have been fighting for a spot too.
Agree good depth guy

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on May 30, 2022, 02:44:03 AM
Agree good depth guy

O'Shea said something about Briggs having some family issues to resolve.  Agudosi had an injury issue which might have been minor more or less but they needed to make a roster count decision I suppose.

Both could be back although Agudosi is hard pressed to win a starting role when he's not practising.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Blue Bomber Transactions - May 30, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

3rdand1.5

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 30, 2022, 03:31:34 PM
Blue Bomber Transactions - May 30, 2022

WINNIPEG, MB., May 30, 2022 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

Hopefully this isn't an indication we are starting the season without, Maston, Alexander and Rose.....

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on May 30, 2022, 03:59:05 PM
Hopefully this isn't an indication we are starting the season without, Maston, Alexander and Rose.....

We very likely are. Certainly Maston and Alexander. Rose, who knows, but a walking boot isn't usually the best sign.

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 30, 2022, 04:18:40 PM
We very likely are. Certainly Maston and Alexander. Rose, who knows, but a walking boot isn't usually the best sign.

That's some really high level talent unavailable if true....

I guess next man up...we found some pretty good DB's last year, hopefully we can do it again

My best guess, Glass, Houston and Hallet, possibly Rutledge for Maston are next men up?

theaardvark

I'm guessing the had an extra spot, and wanted to get a better look at Holm.. he did have flashes, and a nice return.  He also got undressed a couple times...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

I see they're taking another look at Green on the DL. Roster is a bit fluid after moving a few to IR or suspended list over the weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Has,there been any indication about Rose's status?    Down three starters in the secondary in a pass happy league is frightening!   Yikes!
Bomber fan for life

gobombersgo

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Released yesterday, re-added today, DB/RET Evan Holm. He joined #Bombers camp late, so they probably want a better look.

DL Alfred Green re-added ... similar situation as Holm.